Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Tottenham Hotspur Club Thread

PogMoThoin

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Club Thread

Post by PogMoThoin »

I'm really looking forward to getting back to an attacking style of play

COYS
Dave Hedgehog

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

What's the expectation lads?
PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

Yeah I'd be happy with a decent season rebuilding and playing with confidence like he did at wolves
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Utd fan here but interested in your thoughts about Kane. Would ye prefer to keep him or take the reported 170 mil?
PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

Elwood_Blues wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:16 pm Utd fan here but interested in your thoughts about Kane. Would ye prefer to keep him or take the reported 170 mil?
Definitely sell him if he wants to go, no point keeping a player who isn't happy to commit fully. We got badly burnt by Eriksen, he had a terrible last half season, offered nothing, pulled out of tackles in fear of getting injured.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

PogMoThoin wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:56 am I'm really looking forward to getting back to an attacking style of play

COYS
After such big expectations the past few years and being let down in a way that could be better described as a car crash, I'm sure we were all happy when Nuno said he was going to 'make the fans proud again'.

The secret to happiness? Low expectations :)
PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

Sad to see Lamella move on he's a long time with us
VanZan
Verified Username

Post by VanZan »

Just a super thread? I think we should ask for our own sub-forum and make it like old times! ;)
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

VanZan wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:50 am Just a super thread? I think we should ask for our own sub-forum and make it like old times! ;)
I miss our old corner, we need someone to start it, someone with reckless qualities would be perfect ;)
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Tottenham Fan Chris Cowlin reporting that Harry Kane has not turned up to training. He's off to city :cry:
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Bukaya Saka gets an incredible reception at the tottenham hotspur stadium when subbed on in the 63rd minute. He gets clapped onto the pitch by the Spurs supporters.

He got an awful lot of abuse after the Euros. This was nice to see.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Clapping an arsenal player. No wonder Kane wants out.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

What a result today. With no sign of Kane it was worrying seeing the Sanchez/Dier partnership starting at the back and the first 20 minutes was heart in mouth stuff. City could easily have gone 3-4 ahead, but Japhet Tanganga repeatedly stopping Sterling and Grealish down that right hand side in part helped to turn us around and what a turn around it was. After the 30th minute we looked like a proper team. We were pressing at the right moments and creating plenty of counter-attacks.

Lucas Moura also had a fantastic day driving at their team at every given opportunity. Romero got his debut for a few minutes was nice to see.
Ali had some nice moments, but you can see he has a lot more defensive responsibilities these days.

Sanchez made a fantastic slide tackle to stop De Bruyne breaking in the 93rd minute and the crowd erupted as if we'd scored a goal.
Skipp was very good, Reguillon looked like that player that arrived with us last year, not the one that ended last season.

Nuno said he'd make the fans proud again, didn't think he could do it so quickly.
PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

What a performance. Harry who?
VanZan
Verified Username

Post by VanZan »

What a difference a few weeks makes. Oh and by the looks of it a Tottenham thread where no one will disagree with me and I can have the last word.
PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

We were brilliant the first half, why couldn't we keep that intensity
VanZan
Verified Username

Post by VanZan »

Conceded an early goal second half and the white flag was raised. I know we won tonight but I still think we were awful. Gonna be a long season.
GubuOriginal

Post by GubuOriginal »

Jesus youse were poison today!
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Perisic, Lenglet, Bissouma and Richarlason; looks like Conte got exactly what he asked for. Before they fly out for pre season tour too!
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

And with 2 months left in the window. They're certainly backing him.

I've been looking at our home grown selection and the issues it will cause, we badly need a few outgoings to balance things as we don't have room for more non home grown. It's ridiculous that Davies and Rodon cannot be called home grown. See here
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Hugh_Bigazz wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:02 pm And with 2 months left in the window. They're certainly backing him.

I've been looking at our home grown selection and the issues it will cause, we badly need a few outgoings to balance things as we don't have room for more non home grown. It's ridiculous that Davies and Rodon cannot be called home grown. See here
In the premier league they can along with Doherty. Apparently we only named 12 non homegrown players in the premier league back in February so should be ok on that front.

You do highlight a pretty big problem in the champions league though, especially now that 5 substitutions are allowed. Explains our keen interest in Spence who just seems like this year’s Sessegnon. A couple of the right incomings would sort this out. Moving Golini on for Forster is looking like a wise decision too.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

What a start, exciting times ahead. Sessegnon and Dier with goals was fantastic to see. Kulusevski picked up where he left off last season with Kane magical as always.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Chelsea- the arch nemesis. The team that has disrupted every bit of momentum we built up over the last few decades. The team that cost us our own corner on boards… anyone remember gav red king?

The bookies have chelsea as the favourites but never have I been so excited to be playing them. I don’t even care that it’s at the bridge. Might look very foolish come Sunday evening, hope can be a cruel thing. 23-10 for a spurs win at the bookies seems historically correct but on current form this price seems crazy. Might put a few quid on… for the first ever time vs Chelsea.
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

This will be a decent test of where we're at considering they dumped us 4 times last season
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Hugh_Bigazz wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:05 pm This will be a decent test of where we're at considering they dumped us 4 times last season
Coming back twice to draw that game is really fantastic to see. Some improvement can be made on set pieces! Turned into the battle of the bridge part 2, can’t wait until we get them at home.