Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Manchester United Club Thread v1

marhay70

Re: Manchester United Club Thread v1

Post by marhay70 »

Might not give Rashford 90 minutes but I reckon he'll get a game if at all possible. Despite all the playing down of the Carabou Cup, this is a big game for United, a chance to finally get their hands on some silverware again.
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Get in.. Nice end to the day. :D
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Well deserved result. United were in control from the start, Casemiro once more the star of the show but there were no poor performances.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Yep, got the goals early and held them off in the second half. Thought we defended really well during that period. Varane, Martinez & Casemiro are real warriors, great to see players like that again wearing the red shirt. It actually looks like a real team now, after a decade of mediocrity.
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Considering they only just played Barcelona on Thursday it was a masterclass in game management.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Another result pulled out of the fire tonight. I actually thought the Hammers were on the way to winning the game, but we seem to have this resolve, that had been missing for years, to keep pushing to the final whistle. Let's hope we have the same bottle - and luck - against Liverpool on Sunday. We'll probably need it!!
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

quodec wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:10 am Another result pulled out of the fire tonight. I actually thought the Hammers were on the way to winning the game, but we seem to have this resolve, that had been missing for years, to keep pushing to the final whistle. Let's hope we have the same bottle - and luck - against Liverpool on Sunday. We'll probably need it!!
Certainly had the luck last night, although we were doing the pressing and wouldn't have got the OG only for it, Brilliant take from from Garnacho, what a future that kid has if he plays his cards right. It's as though Utd can just bring on another team when things are not going their way these days.
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

I changed over to watch it once the missus was finished watching tv. As soon as i changed channel West Ham scored 😭.
So I had to take one for the team and change over to watch something else. <Insert your god here> won't let me watch Utd anymore
quodec

Post by quodec »

Not sure how this is going to go at Anfield tomorrow. Probably backs to the wall stuff for long stretches with occasional counterattacks. I think I'd be happy to come away with a point!!!
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

quodec wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:35 am Not sure how this is going to go at Anfield tomorrow. Probably backs to the wall stuff for long stretches with occasional counterattacks. I think I'd be happy to come away with a point!!!
Well, I think we can agree, there have been better days.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Horrible result! A lot of what has been built up this last few months undone in one game! Several players hardly showed up at all. Erik knows he has some job on his hands still.
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Well bollox to that.

I'll be off the internet for a few days/weeks.. Happy St. Patricks and Easter.

Post by 678904673 »

Well I didnt see that result coming. Utd were shocking. At one point I found myself thinking "Is Ole back in charge".
quodec

Post by quodec »

Utd 4 Real Betis 1. At least it's some form of redemption after last weekend's shambles. A few of positives tonight. Young Pellistri looked sharp when he came on and Bruno kept plugging away and didn't spit the dummy, but we're still short two or three top class players. Anyway ten Hag is still on his mission and let's hope he won't be diverted.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

quodec wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:56 pm Utd 4 Real Betis 1. At least it's some form of redemption after last weekend's shambles. A few of positives tonight. Young Pellistri looked sharp when he came on and Bruno kept plugging away and didn't spit the dummy, but we're still short two or three top class players. Anyway ten Hag is still on his mission and let's hope he won't be diverted.
Brono had the look of a guy who got his ears boxed, his arse kicked and his goolies squeezed, in no particular order and with no particular concern for his comfort, no harm after Sunday's carry on. Betis were no great shakes really, shouldn't have let them score but a good enough response.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Casemiro goes and dumps on his season again! Another straight red and now out for four games!! And only a 0-0 at home to strugglers Southampton, so ten Hag has a tough on his hands to stay in the top 4.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

quodec wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:45 pm Casemiro goes and dumps on his season again! Another straight red and now out for four games!! And only a 0-0 at home to strugglers Southampton, so ten Hag has a tough on his hands to stay in the top 4.
Another ref and it wouldn't have been a red card, game's going a little bit soft, to be honest. The one against Palace was a red all day long but not so sure about this one. Doesn't alter the facts though , gone for four games and getting a reputation now as a dirty player, which is not really true. He's an old style hard man. FFS Keane would never have strung two consecutive games together at this rate.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Got out of jail again today. Where was the midfield in the first half? If Fulham hadn't lost the plot we'd have been out of the Cup today, no doubt about it. I don't know what's gone wrong lately but there's been a string of mediocre performances, particularly in the first half, standards are slipping from the highs of earlier in the season and ETH needs to get a grip. Too many passengers today, Sancho, Maguire, Mc Tominay to name three, Sabitzer and Fernandes were anonymous and it wasn't until Antony came on that we showed a spark of life. By then Fulham could have been three up only for De Gea. Won't get the same chances against Brighton.
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Well bollox to that. Least we could of done was take out a few of their players for champions league final
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Elwood_Blues wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:03 pm Well bollox to that. Least we could of done was take out a few of their players for champions league final
That's not the spirit. Credit where it's due, they're a good side, play good, attractive football. Next year when we're rid of the Martials and the Maguires and hopefully the Glaziers, it'll be Utd up there, wouldn't want some gobshite kicking lumps out of our players before a final.

Post by 678904673 »

Elwood_Blues wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:03 pm Well bollox to that. Least we could of done was take out a few of their players for champions league final
Not that I condone it. But if that had been the Utd team of old you can be damn sure they would have. Shows a lack of bite. Most great teams have a streak of nastiness in them
quodec

Post by quodec »

Didn’t watch it but glad it wasn’t a hammering. We just need to buy clever this summer and let a few go - they know who they are!!!
quodec

Post by quodec »

Lots of activity on the transfer front but I don’t see Utd in the mix. We seem to either attract artificially high prices because of our name or else our guys doing the buying and selling are not up to scratch!!
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

quodec wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:32 pm Lots of activity on the transfer front but I don’t see Utd in the mix. We seem to either attract artificially high prices because of our name or else our guys doing the buying and selling are not up to scratch!!
Too much fcuking about by the Glazers, greedy bastards. They're already looking for and have been offered more than twice the share valuation of the club but they still want more. I think they never intended to sell but just wanted to test the market. What top class player is going to want to come to United when they can't afford to build the team around him, realistically they could do with the likes of Kane and Rice but would be pushed to afford one, and then we'd still be struggling in other positions. Unless we can offload the likes of Maguire and McTominay for good money, we won't even be in the running for top players, other clubs know that and are prepared to bide their time.
quodec

Post by quodec »

So DeGea is gone from Utd, after spending a dozen years as the team’s main goalie. He is also the only one of the present squad to have a Premiership winner’s medal, achieved back in 2013 - Seems like ancient history, dosnt it, at this stage? Looks like Onana will be the next keeper, but we still badly need a 20/25 goal a season frontman. Whoever that’ll be!!