Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Tottenham Hotspur Club Thread

knownunknown

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Club Thread

Post by knownunknown »

Mere formalities but Romero signs permanently. Has the qualities to be one of the best.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Tough to sum up the season so far. Definitely haven’t been playing well, but sit third in the league and if we get a result tonight we’re through to the KO stage of the CL. There is room for improvement.

A big problem seems to be that son wants to play as a 2 alongside kane up front. Bissouma was brought in to make this happen with a three man midfield but has been very poor with conte saying he’s not adapting tactically very well. When we play the 5-4-1 kulusevski really seems to shine while son gets lost from the game.

The defence will look a lot better with more experience but right now are still making a lot of individual errors and you can see the nerves in the big games. Lloris is a fantastic shot stopper with great reflexes but he struggles in big games mentally and with his pass distribution.

I guess this is how arsenal fans felt for years before ousting Wenger, not great to watch but still in the right league position.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Stellini should stay in charge
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

PogMoThoin22 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:11 pm Stellini should stay in charge
With Mason helping out too
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

You're probably all familiar with it, yet I didn't even know that there was a 'Dublin Spurs' supporters club here. Until I seen an ad for Sky sports that had a fleeting image of a wall flag displaying the famous cock and ball, stating 'Dublin Spurs'. I looked it up, and they've been going about 30 years and have a private Spurs lodge in the Trinity Bar on Dame St.
When I lived in Dublin in the 90s, I worked on Dame St and never knew of the clubs existence 😅
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Postecoglou is working some magic. Has everyone playing to a tune even the ones that were once thought as soon to be departures.

Should be a fun and exciting game today, a far cry from recent performances under Mourinho and Conte, attacking football has returned to the core of our philosophy, evident in the 5/4 price for over 3.5 goals on offer at paddy power.

Although I had never heard of Brennan Johnson until a few weeks ago I think he will become a widely recognised player in no time. The lad oozed class on his debut.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

For once I can't wait for the game. I expect a massive test but hopefully they'll tire after 70 mins where we won't give up, relentless pressure will scare them 😂 A point at the Emirates would do nicely as I expect us to take Liverpool at home next week
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

Apelles wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:33 pm You're probably all familiar with it, yet I didn't even know that there was a 'Dublin Spurs' supporters club here. Until I seen an ad for Sky sports that had a fleeting image of a wall flag displaying the famous cock and ball, stating 'Dublin Spurs'. I looked it up, and they've been going about 30 years and have a private Spurs lodge in the Trinity Bar on Dame St.
When I lived in Dublin in the 90s, I worked on Dame St and never knew of the clubs existence 😅
All those supporters clubs used to place notices in the Evening Herald. In the 1980s there were eight or nine Manchester City supporters clubs in Ireland (I went to meetings of the Waterford one) - a fact which surely enrages the many anti-City fans out there.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

I only checked the odds earlier because I fancied 4 or more goals but didn’t bet because of the price! Bookies usually know what they’re talking about. 2-2 is a great result.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

How was this not a red, shocking officiating once again

https://x.com/thfcem28/status/170597176 ... ctdBw&s=09
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

PogMoThoin22 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:01 pm How was this not a red, shocking officiating once again

https://x.com/thfcem28/status/170597176 ... ctdBw&s=09
Anyway we got some luck vs Liverpool, 4 pts from pool and the arse. I would have bitten your hand off for two.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Yeah we have momentum and have a run of a few games which all should be winnable on paper. Lets not forget Conte had us in the same position at the same stage last year and how that capitulated. We are an injury to a centre half or Son or Madisson away from disaster. Also, we lose both Bissuma and Sarr to the African Nations Cup and Son will go to the Asian Cup in January so we need Daniel to open the purse
quodec

Post by quodec »

Enjoy it while it lasts! We thought ten Hag had positive momentum going last season, yet look at where Utd are at now. It dosnt take long for things to derail.
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

Klopp is calling for a replay of the win over Liverpool, after the VAR incident during the game on Saturday.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67003386
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Apelles wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:31 pm Klopp is calling for a replay of the win over Liverpool, after the VAR incident during the game on Saturday.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67003386
He's certain he can win. If we can replay the CL final he has a deal
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Never got much of a send off but was the heart of so much of our success, one of a kind.

quodec

Post by quodec »

Some goal by Harry Kane this evening! Sorry, am I in the wrong thread?
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

quodec wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:09 pm Some goal by Harry Kane this evening! Sorry, am I in the wrong thread?
Harry who? 🤣
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Nice to see Bentancur back.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Carnage, I need drugs
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Fantastic goal vs utd from Bentancur. Only 5 points separate us in fifth from the top spot, although the top two teams have a game in hand.

With the return of Solomon, who was first choice when he got injured along with the long awaited Sessegnon, spots at full back might be more difficult to hold down. Perisic has now played his last game, going on loan to Croatia while recovering from his injury. Big thanks and good luck.

Romero and Micky were both back for the united game and with the recently signed Dragusin we are again looking good in this department again(not having to play a back line of four full backs). This deal worked out even better than anyone could hope with Dier going to Munich for a nice fee(since dragusin turned them down!)

Maddison is expected to return soon, possibly for the next two games which could be crucial with our stars still away at international competitions. Scarlett was even recalled from his loan because we were so short and Timo Werner signed, these next few games will be crucial in deciding the season. (“We couldn’t have afforded him if he was scoring goals” said Ange, hopefully he can get him doing just that.)

Kulusevski should return from a minor illness, thankfully Johnson has stayed fit in his run of games- would be nice to see him kick on and contribute a bit more to the team, his physical attributes suggest he is capable of a lot more than we are seeing. Fringe players Davies and lo Celso are expected to return from injury a little later possibly February.

If Son is successful at the Asia cup he won’t be back until mid February, missing about 4 games. Same with Sarr’s Senegal and Bissouma’s Mali. All three have been arguably our best players this season.

Vicario has been sensational between the sticks, couldn’t fault or criticize him. His ability to play the ball with his feet really shows up the weaknesses we had under Lloris, how we would invite pressure by him just kicking it out of play. Now instead we have a counter attack situation.

I thought Skipp would be free to play under Angeball but he has shown himself to be too weak and indecisive. He played in a more advanced role for the first time against United, probably out of sheer necessity due to absences.

Ange has been fantastic, Levy has made a superb decision here, finances are looking healthy(we’re one of the top spenders this window), let’s just hope Korea and Mali get ejected soon so we can get our essential players back :lol: and possibly we land Conor Gallagher.