Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Chelsea Club thread I

Chelsea Club thread I

Post by 967543 »

Since I am a Chelsea fan, I'll start this thread.

European Champions 2021 !!!

COME ON !

I see Giroud has left to AC Milan, pity he scored a lot of important goals ...
Dave Hedgehog

Re: Chelsea Club thread I

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

Was it a free transfer? Always a handy player to have on the bench and never seemed to gripe about being a bit part player, every club needs those kinds of players.
Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

I think there was a fee of around €1m with some addons.

It’ll be a very interesting summer. Myself, I can’t see the Haaland deal happening this year. I’d love to see it but feels like one of those years where we settle for someone else. If it’s Lukaku I’d be content with that. But in all likelihood we end up with another Morata 🙄

I guess a lot will tell when we find out what's happening with Tammy.
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

Is giving werner another year not an option?? He ain't a bad player and I'm surprised at Chelsea leaving Giroud go I'd of used him and try get Werner firing. If ye can get him back to what he was in Germany he is an excellent forward.
Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

Absolutely. Definitely don’t see him going anywhere and should get plenty of game time.

There’s some situations he’s fantastic in, if he can finish 😂
Not sure he’s the answer when defences sit deep. His touch can be a bit, ahem off….
But if there’s space in behind and he can consistently start finding the net it’ll be great.

Would love to see him turn it round.
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

Gonzovision wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:31 pm Absolutely. Definitely don’t see him going anywhere and should get plenty of game time.

There’s some situations he’s fantastic in, if he can finish 😂
Not sure he’s the answer when defences sit deep. His touch can be a bit, ahem off….
But if there’s space in behind and he can consistently start finding the net it’ll be great.

Would love to see him turn it round.
If one of the negatives of Werner is his touch is a bit off then I really don't think Lukaku is the answer to your problems 😁😁😁
Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

Think it's a make or break year for Hudson-Odoi, really needs to start filling some of that potential.
Reports so far have been positive in terms of his pre season, but really doesn't tell us much.

I'd imagine he'll be looked at as mainly the attacking RWB for this season against deep lying defenses or if chasing a game, with James predominantly moved into the RCB slot.

More talks of Tammy to Wet Ham which would leave us extremely light up top with Timo/Kai. If Tammy leaves before we sign someone, you'd have to expect a deal has been done for one of the top targets.
Tom Mann Centuria
Verified Username

Post by Tom Mann Centuria »

John Terry has left Villa, seemed pretty popular there, and I think they accepted his proper Chels. ness

Wonder if he'll get a job sooner than his comments suggest, Swansea would seem a good fit.
Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

It certainly looks like the Haaland deal won't be happening. Not overly surprised, I'm not sure he fancied it anyway.
It'll be interesting to see what happens with Lukaku now as it seems we've had at least 2 bids rejected, with mixed reports on the player rejecting personal terms.

If it doesn't pan out I wonder who is option 3? Keep Tammy, who Tuchel clearly doesn't rate.....
Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

Lukaku bid accepted. €128m
Tom Mann Centuria
Verified Username

97.5 million pounds. Hopefully he'll be worth it.
Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

Ye excited to see how we line up now! Hopefully he's the missing piece to a decent title challenge. We are certainly stacked in the front 4 areas and you'd be hoping Werner/Havertz really push on this season. There's so much football to be played considering all the competitions we are in, there should be ample opportunities for everyone.

I'd say Kounde will be done, and that will be it for incomings. Zouma/Tammy to leave I'd imagine.

Can't wait now until it kicks off.

Post by 967543 »

Come home Lukaku !!!
Tom Mann Centuria
Verified Username

Nervous about the game tomorrow, Arsenal have the wood over Chels in recent times.

In other news the club are having a minutes applause for Sean Locke next home game. As well as being a great comedian he was a regular at Stamford Bridge.
Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

Ye I’m the same. Nobody giving them a chance, but I think it’s 0/5 for us now against them. Really if we play anyway decent we should be putting them to the sword..
Tom Mann Centuria
Verified Username

Gonzovision wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:05 pm Ye I’m the same. Nobody giving them a chance, but I think it’s 0/5 for us now against them. Really if we play anyway decent we should be putting them to the sword..
We needn't have worried, very comfortable today.
Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

Ye it really could have been any amount. Given that it was his first game, very impressive performance from the big man!

Much sterner tears coming in the next week or two.
Lukaku vs VVD should be a great battle!
Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

Seems we are still in for Kounde, so Zouma is probably pretty close to leaving.
Zappacosta gone permanently and Emerson on loan. Not sure how many others will need to be shifted. RLC will be interesting whether he stays or goes.
Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

A good window overall, I think getting Saul was a decent move, whether he starts many games who knows, but certainly seems Tuchel didn't trust RLC/Barkely to be the 4th midfielder.

Missing out on Kounde, I don't see as a massive issue, plenty of cover in that position.

Roll on next week and the Villa game.