Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Liverpool Club Thread v1

Love and theft

Re: Liverpool Club Thread v1

Post by Love and theft »

Good win. Matip was class at the back. Front 3 played well
Buford T. Justice VI

Post by Buford T. Justice VI »

Aye, Matip was great. VVD a bit rusty, TAA untroubled, Tsimikas looking a bit lost at times but he'll grow into the role a bit till Robbo comes back.

Milner is still impressive but today was the first time I saw a bit of a decline in him. Ox was there, got around and came off uninjured but unremarkable. Keita covered a lot of ground but still feeling his way into the team, I think.

Front 4 were great, looking forward to seeing them get better.

Good start to the season, onto Burnley next week now.
Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

Buford T. Justice VI wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:28 pm Aye, Matip was great. VVD a bit rusty, TAA untroubled, Tsimikas looking a bit lost at times but he'll grow into the role a bit till Robbo comes back.

Milner is still impressive but today was the first time I saw a bit of a decline in him. Ox was there, got around and came off uninjured but unremarkable. Keita covered a lot of ground but still feeling his way into the team, I think.

Front 4 were great, looking forward to seeing them get better.

Good start to the season, onto Burnley next week now.
Ya I though tsimikas tired in the second half but definitely good signs for the first hour or so. To be honest I thought the game passed kieta by. Did nothing of note really. Milner was the best of the 3 starting midfielders
Buford T. Justice VI

Love and theft wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:39 pm Ya I though tsimikas tired in the second half but definitely good signs for the first hour or so. To be honest I thought the game passed kieta by. Did nothing of note really. Milner was the best of the 3 starting midfielders
I thought it was interesting that Klopp withdrew Keita and replaced with Elliott. They seemed to move to a 4-2-1-3 to me with Salah and Elliott moving in and out of the front 3 and Bobby dropping back to the 1 at times.

Klopp without glasses, though, that's going to take time to settle in :lol:
Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

Buford T. Justice VI wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:59 pm I thought it was interesting that Klopp withdrew Keita and replaced with Elliott. They seemed to move to a 4-2-1-3 to me with Salah and Elliott moving in and out of the front 3 and Bobby dropping back to the 1 at times.

Klopp without glasses, though, that's going to take time to settle in :lol:
Definitely. When fabinho came on that gave us 2 holders. I though then kieta would have had more freedom to run with the ball but he never did. First game. Everyone is rusty. I get it. But to me kieta looks like it's his first game and not his 4th season with us.

Like you said. First game. First win. Onto the next game
Buford T. Justice VI

I'm hoping Keita gets some confidence, he really looked a great prospect in Germany. His injury record hasn't allowed him to develop much at all.

It's unfortunate that any comments about him involve 'if he can stay fit'.
Buford T. Justice VI

I see Leighton Clarkson has joined Blackburn on a seasons loan. It didn't do Elliott any harm anyway and the lad is a boyhood Blackburn fan so it's great to see him playing for them.
Buford T. Justice VI

A good analysis of Keita on Saturday, seemed to be occupying the Gini role? Subscription needed for the whole article though.

Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

Maybe he will match gini's goalscoring record😂
The answer is a huge no to the above question. Comparing kieta to winjaldum is crazy talk. Gini's first touch, vision, ability to win the ball back. Missed 11 games in 5 season. Kieta compares to ox and shaqiri at the moment. No more no less.

He needs at least 1 good season before even been compared to the likes of hendo, fab, gini etc
Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

Big match tomorrow. Its crucial we get off to a good start at home.

Never liked the 12.30 kick off when we lose. Ruins the hole weekend. But it's a great kick off time if you win.. sit back and watch the rest hopefully lose 😀
Buford T. Justice VI

Love and theft wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:37 pm Big match tomorrow. Its crucial we get off to a good start at home.

Never liked the 12.30 kick off when we lose. Ruins the hole weekend. But it's a great kick off time if you win.. sit back and watch the rest hopefully lose 😀
Well, you're as good, and your hair is as curly :D

I thought it was a 5.30 kick off, feck all being done tomorrow so👍
Buford T. Justice VI

Love and theft wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:35 pm Maybe he will match gini's goalscoring record😂
The answer is a huge no to the above question. Comparing kieta to winjaldum is crazy talk. Gini's first touch, vision, ability to win the ball back. Missed 11 games in 5 season. Kieta compares to ox and shaqiri at the moment. No more no less.

He needs at least 1 good season before even been compared to the likes of hendo, fab, gini etc
There was a heat map of his positioning during the game, I must try and dig it up again. But he was all over the pitch and mostly in supporting roles providing outlets for attackers and defenders and recycling the ball rather than the driving ball-carrying role he's better known for.

It'll be interesting to see if he retains his place with Thiago and Henderson close to returning.

And Robertson back training so will be available next week as well.
Buford T. Justice VI

Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

Buford T. Justice VI wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:49 am Image
Nice to see Henderson back. Robertson on the bench is good news for next week

Its only game 2 but its a must win..

Burnley's will be no pushovers. Will be a tough game
Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

Excellent second half. Great win. Excellent home debut for elliot.

Sit back now and hope one of the other top 4 teams drop points 😁
Buford T. Justice VI

Shaq to Lyon for £9.5m
Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

Buford T. Justice VI wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:37 pm Shaq to Lyon for £9.5m
Who knows. We could get someone in the last week of the window.

Origi will probably happen as well I'd say
Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

Poor match on Saturday. Didn't think we did enough to win

I thought van Dijk was best on the day for us. Elliott did well too. I thought klopp could have changed it earlier than he did
Buford T. Justice VI

Love and theft wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:51 pm Poor match on Saturday. Didn't think we did enough to win

I thought van Dijk was best on the day for us. Elliott did well too. I thought klopp could have changed it earlier than he did
I thought Matip did very well against Lukaku, they really seemed to favour him against VVD for Lukaku to press. He basically took no notice of Lukaku and I'm really getting to love the guy :D

And Elliott has most attempted passes and most completed passes which is a fair achievement for an 18yo playing as a number 10, almost.

I'll add a link below to a fair analysis of the match, first half anyway. Difficult to do much analysis of the second half, I'd say.

https://www.holdingmidfield.com/case-st ... -analysis/
Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

Buford T. Justice VI wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:45 pm I thought Matip did very well against Lukaku, they really seemed to favour him against VVD for Lukaku to press. He basically took no notice of Lukaku and I'm really getting to love the guy :D

And Elliott has most attempted passes and most completed passes which is a fair achievement for an 18yo playing as a number 10, almost.

I'll add a link below to a fair analysis of the match, first half anyway. Difficult to do much analysis of the second half, I'd say.

https://www.holdingmidfield.com/case-st ... -analysis/
Yes. Matip is class. Went up in my estimations when he turned down a return to international football.

Ya Elliott just looked very comfortable on the ball. Never went hiding in such a big game. I was well impressed.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Liverpool v Everton tonight at Anfield. Pool in poor form while Sean Dyche just might have galvanised Everton into pulling away from the bottom. Interesting game!
quodec

Post by quodec »

Well, it looks at if Dyche has plenty of work to do yet. Good 3 points for the Reds.