Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Liverpool Club Thread v1

Dubit10

Liverpool Club Thread v1

Post by Dubit10 »

:D Greetings fellow reds

FSG look like they are playing hardball with the captain. He’s missed 93 days and 72 days in the previous 2 seasons. If his demands are outrageous then I’m sorry we can’t afford to pay someone top earner salary to be sitting in the treatment room for 2-3 months during a season. He’s also getting older now so I don’t see what’s wrong with him being on an incentive based salary. Remain fit and play- get paid. Spent time in the injury room your wages drops with that. I'm not FSG biggest fans but totally agree on their stance on this one if it is to do with the terms of the salary.

It is what it is. I love Hendo, he's still here and has 2 years left on his contract. The club has to plan for the future. We've literally had European Cup winning captains leave weeks after winning big ears in the past.
Widdensushi

Re: 6 Times European Champions Liverpool Forum

Post by Widdensushi »

We don't know what is offered or asked, he is a professional who will probably look at getting into managerial roles, he is of an age that will mean if a decent offer came in he should be sold, don't mind paper talk, take a similar wage or move on and damage future earnings potential.
ardinn
Verified Username

Post by ardinn »

This is just a straight swap over from boards! phew!!

Mbappe 2021!!!
VitaminC

Post by VitaminC »

FSG staring at another summer if not spending. Oh joy. :(

We will be lucky to get top 4 the way others are spending.
Dave Hedgehog

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

VitaminC wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:36 pm FSG staring at another summer if not spending. Oh joy. :(

We will be lucky to get top 4 the way others are spending.
The glaring gap was in yer defence and thats been filled by Konate. Tbf, alot depends on how VVD comes back and how quickly. Winjaldum will be a big loss and you would think that a replacement has been worked on considering the club knew he was leaving months ago. Gonna be an interesting season. If we had a better manager Id fancy us for a tilt at the title but as it stands, yerselves, City and Chelsea will likely be duking it out for the title with us best of the rest.
Cj maxx

Post by Cj maxx »

Hi guys, our year :)
VitaminC

Post by VitaminC »

Cj maxx wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:56 pm Hi guys, our year :)
Next year ;)
Dubit10

Post by Dubit10 »

Christ Keita looked as sharp as a knife in yesterdays pre season game. It's such a pity his injury record is a disaster because he could be the best in the league if he could keep himself healthy.
Dubit10

Post by Dubit10 »

It is with profound sadness that we have learned of Andrew Devine's passing. The Liverpool Coroner, André Rebello, has ruled that Andrew's death is a consequence of the injuries he suffered at Hillsborough and therefore his verdict was that he was unlawfully killed. His family welcomed the verdict. Our thoughts and love are with his devoted family and friends.

JFT 97
Indiablo

Post by Indiablo »

Dubit10 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:08 am :D Greetings fellow reds

FSG look like they are playing hardball with the captain. He’s missed 93 days and 72 days in the previous 2 seasons. If his demands are outrageous then I’m sorry we can’t afford to pay someone top earner salary to be sitting in the treatment room for 2-3 months during a season. He’s also getting older now so I don’t see what’s wrong with him being on an incentive based salary. Remain fit and play- get paid. Spent time in the injury room your wages drops with that. I'm not FSG biggest fans but totally agree on their stance on this one if it is to do with the terms of the salary.

It is what it is. I love Hendo, he's still here and has 2 years left on his contract. The club has to plan for the future. We've literally had European Cup winning captains leave weeks after winning big ears in the past.
I’m not sure any professional player gets offered a pay as you play deal in this day and age and personally I think Hendo has done more than enough to warrant a new deal.

It’s not just what he does with the ball on the pitch, it’s his organization and motivational skills that are his strength. You really got to see / hear it with the empty stadiums last season. He never stops encouraging and organizing his teammates on the pitch.

He’s excelled in his Captains duties too. I’d be shocked if Klopp allowed his situation to go too far.

In terms of signings, I feel we only really need a striker now. Jones will be given his chance to replace Gini although 1st choice will likely be Fabinho, Thiago and Hendo.

When Shaqiri goes Elliot should get a chance.

It’s not all about signings for the sake of signings. Sometimes you have to trust the younger players and give them their chance.

Still need a striker though :)
"The Nature of Reality is Pure Subjective Fantasy"
Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

I agree with most posts above. We do need a striker to come in to create competition for the front 3 and jota

The squad is very good at the moment. The big problem we have is that approx 6 of our core players are very injury prone. The squad then becomes very thin and its very hard to compete for 4 competions with so many injuries
Dubit10

Post by Dubit10 »

Market is screwed. The likes of City, Chelsea and PSG are ruining the game and making a mockery of FFP. Spending 200m plus and Kane and Grealish whilst other clubs struggle with the financial covid fallout is ridiculous.
VitaminC

Post by VitaminC »

Dubit10 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:43 pm Market is screwed. The likes of City, Chelsea and PSG are ruining the game and making a mockery of FFP. Spending 200m plus and Kane and Grealish whilst other clubs struggle with the financial covid fallout is ridiculous.
What is the financial fair play committee even there for? If city and PSG can spend money like Monopoly money.
Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

VitaminC wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:57 pm What is the financial fair play committee even there for? If city and PSG can spend money like Monopoly money.
Has there been any meaningful fine or punishment handed out by FFP ? In any league ? and the fine/punishment has been followed through and implemented
JohnBarnes

Post by JohnBarnes »

Anyone else finding it hard to get excited for this year?
VitaminC

Post by VitaminC »

JohnBarnes wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:00 pm Anyone else finding it hard to get excited for this year?
Yeah me. The lack of signings has me looking at then abyss of battling for 4th place.

Eventually we will lose that game too.
Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

The jota signing came out of nowhere last summer so I'm hoping klopp will spring another surprise this summer before the season starts
Dubit10

Post by Dubit10 »

JohnBarnes wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:00 pm Anyone else finding it hard to get excited for this year?
It will be nice to see fans back but overall we are standing still as a club due to financial situation and if anything we are a little bit weaker by not replacing Gini so not that promising
Buford T. Justice VI

Post by Buford T. Justice VI »

Not signing a backup forward could be a problem down the line. 3 starters are 30 and entering final 2 years of their contracts and we're lucky they have generally been injury free.
Like Jota, I expect a surprise signing here unless Minamino adjusts quickly, especially with Shaq looking to be on his way to Italy and Origi interesting Wolves.
Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

Buford T. Justice VI wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:57 pm Not signing a backup forward could be a problem down the line. 3 starters are 30 and entering final 2 years of their contracts and we're lucky they have generally been injury free.
Like Jota, I expect a surprise signing here unless Minamino adjusts quickly, especially with Shaq looking to be on his way to Italy and Origi interesting Wolves.
Definitely. I expect a new signing also. Like the ings signing today liverpool are good at keeping potentially signings away from the media until the deal is done..unlike the kane grealish varane will they/wont they drama played out in front of the media
Buford T. Justice VI

Line up for today's game, Gomez and Konate to start the second game, but I'm starting to like the teams starting more.
Buford T. Justice VI

Jota and Mane, 20 minutes gone.
Buford T. Justice VI

Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

Buford T. Justice VI wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:22 pm
Where did minamino play in that line up ? Would love to see him make an impact this season
Buford T. Justice VI

Love and theft wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:18 pm Where did minamino play in that line up ? Would love to see him make an impact this season
Only saw a bit of the game but he seemed to be center of the front 3 for that bit.