Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

General Premier League Discussion

Dave Hedgehog

General Premier League Discussion

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

An Everton player has been suspended following some pretty disgusting allegations that are being investigated by police. Its widely reported elsewhere who the player concerned is but I'm not going to name names.

Club made a statement.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2193203/club-statement
Osamabindipper

Re: General Premier League Discussion

Post by Osamabindipper »

That's basically confirmation that the speculation was correct.
Dubit10

Post by Dubit10 »

:lol:
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Attachments
b9ad8511-3a49-4fb4-80c3-88e8bc8117bd.jpg
b9ad8511-3a49-4fb4-80c3-88e8bc8117bd.jpg (48 KiB) Viewed 9540 times
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Post by Hodors Appletart »

they are "preparing" a 100m bid, mad money for Grealish, but look
Hold The Door
Dubit10

Post by Dubit10 »

Ridiculous really. The league is turning into the German or French one at this rate.
Shane

Post by Shane »

How Soon Is Now wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:01 pm I hope if they do get him it will mean they wont get Kane!

Surely they cant throw 200 plus million at players without selling some.
pocket change for the Arabs.
Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

If city get kane then I'd say the season is over before a ball has been kicked.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Love and theft wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:35 pm If city get kane then I'd say the season is over before a ball has been kicked.
Goals hasn’t really been an issue for them though. Liverpool are still the superior team if van Dijk is 2019 van Dijk.
Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

RSV wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:37 pm Goals hasn’t really been an issue for them though. Liverpool are still the superior team if van Dijk is 2019 van Dijk.
I dunno I'm a liverpool fan and I'm thinking we will do well to stay in the title race. If mane is not on form we really only have 1 source for goals. Salah. Our midfield dont contribute any goals and firmino is well off the pace for the last 12 months.
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

RSV wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:37 pm Goals hasn’t really been an issue for them though. Liverpool are still the superior team if van Dijk is 2019 van Dijk.
As a total neutral in this debate I think Liverpool are far from been the superior team.

Fergie used to pride himself and talk about the most important thing to staying on top was to keep rebuilding a winning team.

Last season Chelsea signed 5 or six first team players, City look like they are going to hugely strengthen.

Liverpool have holes up front they need to fill. Nevermind van dijk, last year they struggled to put away chances in many games. In midfield they are after losing one of the best in the league and so far haven't replaced him and 3 of their other midfilders are the wrong side of 30 and injury prone.

I think Liverpool will be fighting united for third spot at best as the teams stand right now.
Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

Things hotting up transfer wise…. Ings gone to Villa for £30m
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

Gonzovision wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:03 pm Things hotting up transfer wise…. Ings gone to Villa for £30m
That's a surprise move out of nowhere. Alot of money too for 29 year old out of contract next year but will be a good signing for them.
Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

Ye definitely. They also signed Bailey from Leverkusen. It’ll be interesting to see if this has been the Grealish money or there’s more to come. Could be a very decent squad.
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

Gonzovision wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:13 pm Ye definitely. They also signed Bailey from Leverkusen. It’ll be interesting to see if this has been the Grealish money or there’s more to come. Could be a very decent squad.
The owner isn't exactly stuck for cash he seems happy enough to keep things ticking over but I don't think they will go much over the 100 or so million they get for grealish.

They could ruin things by trying to add too much at once too.
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

How Soon Is Now wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:42 am Could be on for a really interesting season here with so many big moves already confirmed and potentially happening. Try picking a top five at this stage!
Unfortunately I think one and two is set just a matter of which order then its a battle for next 2 spots. I think united and pool in 3+4 in any order.
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

Pool are an unknown quantity I guess. They will have most of the tittle winning team to call on but players age and lose hunger so if they perform to the level they did two year ago they will challenge but as it stanbds there is no freshness in the squad.

I'm excited for the new season. Not so much because I think united will challenge but it be interesting to see who will improve and all the rest.
Dave Hedgehog

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

Osamabindipper wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:22 am Pool are an unknown quantity I guess. They will have most of the tittle winning team to call on but players age and lose hunger so if they perform to the level they did two year ago they will challenge but as it stanbds there is no freshness in the squad.

I'm excited for the new season. Not so much because I think united will challenge but it be interesting to see who will improve and all the rest.
Liverpool are an interesting one. There seems to be alot of hope being pinned on VVD coming back. At the end of the day, he is a year older and coming back from a dreadful injury. We saw with Shaw after he came back from the leg break initially, he was a little reluctant to get stuck in, VVD being a good bit older than Shaw was will have to overcome that mental block. Gomez back aswell but he is a bit of a sicknote. Konate brought in but his injury record for such a young player surely raises eyebrows. I'm seeing a good bit about the real Thiago being available next season too, again, he's a year older, is on a fat contract and has won it all anyway aswell as having injury issues. Henderson is another sicknote lately and Winjaldum has gone.

Of course it could all work out for them but I wouldn't be betting on them winning the league.

City should canter it with use, Chelsea and lfc making up the best of the rest.
Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

Messi has left Barcelona. Wonder what the chances of him ending up at City are.
Buford T. Justice VI

Post by Buford T. Justice VI »

Gonzovision wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:59 pm Messi has left Barcelona. Wonder what the chances of him ending up at City are.
50:50

City or PSG are probably the only ones who can afford his wages.
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

City just bought Grealish for 100 mil. Wonder will they still go for Kane and even Mesi?
Buford T. Justice VI

Post by Buford T. Justice VI »

Elwood_Blues wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:22 pm City just bought Grealish for 100 mil. Wonder will they still go for Kane and even Mesi?
Kane left hanging while Messi decides where he wants to go :lol:
Dubit10

Post by Dubit10 »

Elwood_Blues wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:22 pm City just bought Grealish for 100 mil. Wonder will they still go for Kane and even Mesi?
Wouldn't surprise me. Football is turning into a farce tbh.
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

Gonzovision wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:59 pm Messi has left Barcelona. Wonder what the chances of him ending up at City are.
Would be remarkable funny if they signed him and meant that kane had to stay at spurs.... Yep I'd laugh at that.
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

How Soon Is Now wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:32 pm PSG in talks to sign him now ffs you would love to see their wage bill it must be insane at this stage.

Some transfer window there having for free players!
True but they are going to lose mbappe next season on a free transfer that will balance that out