Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Manchester United Club Thread v1

quodec

Re: Manchester United Club Thread v1

Post by quodec »

Bobby Charlton has passed away aged 86.
quodec

Post by quodec »

City at OT tomorrow. I'd take a draw all day long, but the way we're playing we could be completely mauled off the pitch after 90 minutes. Depressing times to be a Utd fan.
quodec

Post by quodec »

We are so far off where City are at, I just don't see what ten Hag's plan is! So, to paraphrase what was mentioned upthread, these wilderness years could go on for a long, long time!
quodec

Post by quodec »

City beat us 0-3 in the league, then Newcastle do the same tonight in the Carabao Cup. Away to Fulham and Copenhagen and then home to Luton. I think ten Hag has those next three games to turn this around or else he’s gone. The players, for whatever reasons, aren’t playing for him and it’s unlikely he’ll make it to Christmas - but who can or will replace him. Who would want the job? It’s a real poisoned chalice and not unlike Ole’s last weeks at the helm. I despair really and unfortunately cannot see myself posting here again for a long time. As they say, talk is cheap, and it’ll take a lot more than talk to turn around the sinking ship that is Manchester Utd around. Adios for the foreseeable!
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

quodec wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:21 am City beat us 0-3 in the league, then Newcastle do the same tonight in the Carabao Cup. Away to Fulham and Copenhagen and then home to Luton. I think ten Hag has those next three games to turn this around or else he’s gone. The players, for whatever reasons, aren’t playing for him and it’s unlikely he’ll make it to Christmas - but who can or will replace him. Who would want the job? It’s a real poisoned chalice and not unlike Ole’s last weeks at the helm. I despair really and unfortunately cannot see myself posting here again for a long time. As they say, talk is cheap, and it’ll take a lot more than talk to turn around the sinking ship that is Manchester Utd around. Adios for the foreseeable!
It's not just the fact that City and Newcastle beat us, it's the manner in which they beat us, it was a stroll in the park for both of them. Granted both are top class sides but there was just no strategy to United's game, they looked like they'd only met for the first time at kick off.
I had great hopes for Ten Hag, I saw him as a new broom sweeping out all the deadwood but he doesn't seem to have a Plan B. His signings have been questionable, I had my doubts about Mount from the start, having watched him playfor Chelsea, Antony is a waste of space, Wan Bissaka would make a better option on the right wing, Casemiro was brilliant last season but seems to have lost it completely this year, as does Eriksen. Midfield is non existent, defence is in tatters, Onana gives me nightmares. Hiojlund seems to be the only one with a bit of promise.
We have to remember though that the biggest problem at United is the Glaziers, they are determined to milk the club for every cent that they can, we are going to watch Sheikh Jassim turn his attention to somene like Wolves or even Liverpool and make them into one of the top clubs in Europe, while United languish, if we're lucky, in the bottom half of the Premiership. Ratcliffe will do nothing, he hasn't got the finances. Jassim would clear the debt and start us off on an equal footing with City and the top clubs but I'm afraid we're destined to be also rans for the foreseeable future.