Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Manchester United Club Thread v1

marhay70

Re: Manchester United Club Thread v1

Post by marhay70 »

I thought Fred had a decent game last night, including the goal but it's not enough to have a decent game every six tries, he needs to be more consistent. Dalot looked a bit more like the player we thought we got when he signed him and Fernaandes was buzzing. Great to see Rashford getting back to his best along with Shaw. These players have all shown they can do it, now they need to turn it on every time and not just when it suits them.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Yep, stayed up late to watch MOTD highlights. Utd looked very fluid, fast accurate passing etc. Is there still a place for Ronaldo in that team though? Who knows? I thought he had knuckled down recently but stropping off before full time last night shows he’s still not tuning in!!
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Tactical masterclass from Ten Hag.
Dave Hedgehog

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

quodec wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:56 am Yep, stayed up late to watch MOTD highlights. Utd looked very fluid, fast accurate passing etc. Is there still a place for Ronaldo in that team though? Who knows? I thought he had knuckled down recently but stropping off before full time last night shows he’s still not tuning in!!
Nope. He's been dropped from the weekends squad, he can get fucked tbh.

Fantastic performance and win last night, best 90 minutes under ETH so far. The neat little passages of play and tactics are being bedded in and everyone is pulling their weight. Really looking forward to Chelsea at the weekend.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

quodec wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:56 am Yep, stayed up late to watch MOTD highlights. Utd looked very fluid, fast accurate passing etc. Is there still a place for Ronaldo in that team though? Who knows? I thought he had knuckled down recently but stropping off before full time last night shows he’s still not tuning in!!
I think Ronaldo's time is limited. He won't be happy being a bit player but he won't be getting many starts if he keeps storming off in a strop every time he doesn't get a game. He needs to take a leaf out of Radford's book and accept these setbacks with a bit of dignity.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Nervy stuff on Sunday night. Second half could have gone rither way but fantastic goal from Rashford. Maguire coped fairly well but he'd need to get himself a bit fitter, Martinez excellent again as was Eriksen, Shaw improving with every game but Elanga still not my cup of tea.
quodec

Post by quodec »

I know its World Cup all the way this week, but interesting times ahead at Old Trafford with the breaking news that CR7 is leaving by mutual consent AND The Glazers could be close to selling up.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

quodec wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:42 pm I know its World Cup all the way this week, but interesting times ahead at Old Trafford with the breaking news that CR7 is leaving by mutual consent AND The Glazers could be close to selling up.
I'd say the Glazers will look for mad money, certainly it won't go for the £300m Newcastle went for. Not sure how I'd feel about some Middle East consortium taking over.
Yeah, sad to see Ronaldo go with such bad feeling. Ferdinand reckons he engineered it that way and I tend to agree, but I'd like to have seen him play the season out. I suppose the club felt he was on too much money to keep him hanging around when he wasn't guaranteed to start every game, so probably worked out for both parties in the end.
quodec

Post by quodec »

I enjoyed that 2-1 win, especially the last half hour. Casemiro is awesome!!!
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

quodec wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:43 pm I enjoyed that 2-1 win, especially the last half hour. Casemiro is awesome!!!
Forgot it was an early kick-off :oops: Missed the whole game but the result was a small compensation. Bring on Arsenal.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Utd 1-0 up, Pool 2-0 down, Ireland winning in the 6 Nations. Good times!
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

quodec wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:19 pm Utd 1-0 up, Pool 2-0 down, Ireland winning in the 6 Nations. Good times!
Casemiro needs to cop on, gone for three games now at a crucial time. He seems to be very protective of Antony, I've noticed that before. Maybe a yellow card wasn't enough for Schlup either, if that wasn't violent conduct then I don't know what is. Class stuff from Rashford again, United's top players really starting to gel now which makes the Casemiro thing even worse.

Post by 678904673 »

If Utd keep up this form I just might start following them again :D
quodec

Post by quodec »

marhay70 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:58 pm Casemiro needs to cop on, gone for three games now at a crucial time. He seems to be very protective of Antony, I've noticed that before. Maybe a yellow card wasn't enough for Schlup either, if that wasn't violent conduct then I don't know what is. Class stuff from Rashford again, United's top players really starting to gel now which makes the Casemiro thing even worse.
Hope this new lad they bought hits the ground running. I honestly thought Casemiro was unlucky. Those slow motion VAR screens are a pain!
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

quodec wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:06 am Hope this new lad they bought hits the ground running. I honestly thought Casemiro was unlucky. Those slow motion VAR screens are a pain!
I always look at these things from the opposition's point of view, if one of the Palace players had put his hands around a Utd player's throat, I'd want him sent off. This is his second suspension in a month, there was no need for it and it upsets the rhythm of the team. FFS that's him and Eriksen gone in the last couple of weeks and it's not like we're overloaded with midfielders. He's old enough and experienced enough to know better. Yeah, Sabitzer looks like he could be a useful player, I often question the value of these loans when there's no option to buy, if he becomes a valuable part of the team by the end of the season, then you're left with the option of losing him or paying over the odds to keep him.
quodec

Post by quodec »

That's a really good away win at Leeds today. In many ways, we didn't deserve it but, Leeds were firing blanks and we killed them with two late goals against the run of play. Puts us 2nd for an hour or two, so EtH is gradually getting the best out of this team at the minute.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

quodec wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:16 pm That's a really good away win at Leeds today. In many ways, we didn't deserve it but, Leeds were firing blanks and we killed them with two late goals against the run of play. Puts us 2nd for an hour or two, so EtH is gradually getting the best out of this team at the minute.
Woeful game today, both teams were rubbish. Maguire nearly fecked it up on a couple of occasions, did he think because we were the away team that we were playing in white? Couldn't manage to hit anyone in a red jersey with a pass. Malacia wasn't much better and whoever gave man of the match to Fred, was watching a different game to me. Great goal again from Rashford and Garnacho really suckered the keeper by going to his near post but really, 2-0 flattered United.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Two good games if your neutral coming up, Pool v Everton tonight and, particularly for Utd, the Arsenal v City clash on Wednesday. I know we don't want to be thinking too much of actually winning the thing, but a draw might suit us if WE can keep a run going. I'm plumping for 1-1.
quodec

Post by quodec »

After last night's result against Barcelona, it seems EtH has finally got this team motoring at the business end of the season - just like Fergie used to do! Hopefully, De Gea keeps his performance levels as high as they are now and that Casemiro and Rashford stay fit, and we could have our most successful season in a decade. Fingers crossed!
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Rashi a doubt for the final. Hopefully he'll recover in time. That exciting feeling is back around the club again 😁
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Elwood_Blues wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:12 pm Rashi a doubt for the final. Hopefully he'll recover in time. That exciting feeling is back around the club again 😁
Got to play a couple of important games without Rashford, although a cup final is not a great choice. We saw what happened when Casemiro was suspended, the team fell apart in the first game without him. Every player is not going to be fit all the time, that's why the squad needs to be strengthened.

Post by 678904673 »

After that fabulous win against Barca I'm firmly back on the Utd bandwagon. Next stop EFL Cup Champions
quodec

Post by quodec »

Happy Days wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:20 am After that fabulous win against Barca I'm firmly back on the Utd bandwagon. Next stop EFL Cup Champions
Happy Days :D
quodec

Post by quodec »

Havn't checked but is Rashford definitely out - or is Erik keeping his powder dry?
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

quodec wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:06 am Havn't checked but is Rashford definitely out - or is Erik keeping his powder dry?
Think he's on the team sheet from what I saw on Reddit