Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Manchester United Club Thread v1

Osamabindipper

Re: Manchester United Club Thread v1

Post by Osamabindipper »

Elwood_Blues wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:42 pm This ref tonight is a fuppin moron....
Wasn't great but it was played like a pre season friendly in my opinion. Great to see Elanga getting noticed and the other kids getting game time.
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Different manager same shite performance...
quodec

Post by quodec »

Interim manager = minimal motivation!
quodec

Post by quodec »

Last night's game where Utd lost 0-1 to a free-running Wolves team - and which I had the misfortune to watch - was one of the most toothless, shambolic, inept performances from them that I've witnessed in many years. They are so far off the pace of the top 3 in quality that it is embarrassing at this stage. There was no width, no forward drive, no urgency and specifically a singular lack of passing skill from nearly every outfield player we have. I despair at the future of the club at this juncture and feel a whole new revamp is in order, ala 1994 when Ferguson introduced the class of '92 into the first team. And bringing in a temporary coach is IMO just kicking the can down the road to mediocrity. Happy New Year indeed.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Another dreadful performance from Utd! Where have I heard that before!!!!
mmercedes84

Post by mmercedes84 »

Probably the lowest point now for me. Club is in tatters
quodec

Post by quodec »

At this stage I can hardly bring myself to post about Utd any more! No one is playing for the team. A group of dis-affected highly paid individuals who neither have the wherewithal to give their maximum nor the ambition to play for each other. In my almost 50 years of being a fan this is pretty much the nadir. How SAF goes to see this regularly is beyond me. And, the problem is, there is no easy fix. We're almost a decade in the wilderness, there's at least another on the way.
Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

Would ye guys agree with G.Nevs narrative that's it's mostly the owners fault ? Or would ye have a different view point

**liverpool fan, to show my cards upfront**
quodec

Post by quodec »

A little bit of positive news today. Erik ten Hag has been officially announced as Utd's new manager, with effect from this summer. Apparently he will have £200m to spend, but who does he keep, who does he get rid of? IMHO practically everybody except maybe David de Gea, Bruno and Sancho. I can't think of anyone else that would be worth retaining. And perhaps ten Hag will take a few Ajax players with him. Rangnick's interim reign has been a disaster, totally worthless exercise.
mmercedes84

Post by mmercedes84 »

I think Ragnick reign was actually needed. They couldn't do a rush job and appointment of another manager to fail.

That said ETH could fail , I'd rate him over Poch and would have picked him myself. He needs to absolutely gut that squad though. They are bunch of primadonas who think they are superstars but really lot of them are midtable standard.
Long road back ,but some optimism if he can clear out the mercenaries.
46a

Post by 46a »

quodec

Post by quodec »

New book on Utd coming out shortly, reviewing the last decade and looking well into the future. Its called 'Utd - The Wilderness Years'!!!!!!!!!
quodec

Post by quodec »

Rangnick gone for good. Well, that's a start! We need to give ten Hag a good crack at this massive project and not having someone breathing down his neck.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Utd fans uneasy at the prospect of spending £80m on Nunez from Benfica. Not surprising when you consider, what they got last time they spent £80m.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Looks like Ronaldo out (possibly to Chelsea) ..... and .... Erikson to Utd. Good player and for free. So with Martial and Greenwood gone, and now Ronnie, we definitely need a new striker.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

quodec wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:48 am Looks like Ronaldo out (possibly to Chelsea) ..... and .... Erikson to Utd. Good player and for free. So with Martial and Greenwood gone, and now Ronnie, we definitely need a new striker.
Eriksen is probably a good player to have around in training but I don’t think he’s good enough. There’s reports that he’ll shift Bruno to the bench, absolutely ridiculous. His best position is as an inside forward as part of a three, he can drift out wide and give you width but he won’t beat a man and doesn’t have enough steel and focus for the middle of the park. His best numbers were when he was with Kane and Ali as part of a three up top. I hope he does well but his fitness was probably his second best attribute next his amazing technique.

I saw Rio was out saying something like fans will be expecting bigger players than ‘squad player’ Eriksen, I don’t think he’s wrong. I’d be happy to be proved wrong though.
mmercedes84

Post by mmercedes84 »

I think there is the semblance of a plan. Erikson is welcome signing even if he is a squad player. Out squad was light .

I think there will be more incomings.
Personally hope Ronaldo leaves , needs ETH to have fresh start and Ronaldo staying could drag whole thing down.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Pity the Ronaldo issue hasn't been resolved. Looks like EtH will have to try and accommodate him somehow for the time being. You know, I've never seen such an underwhelming start to the season by Utd. Hardly any mention in the media about their chances - which would appear to be top 10 mediocrity at best. Oh, how the mighty have fallen!
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

quodec wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:31 pm Pity the Ronaldo issue hasn't been resolved. Looks like EtH will have to try and accommodate him somehow for the time being. You know, I've never seen such an underwhelming start to the season by Utd. Hardly any mention in the media about their chances - which would appear to be top 10 mediocrity at best. Oh, how the mighty have fallen!
After Sundays performance not hard to see why.. Could be a long painful season
quodec

Post by quodec »

Half time shocker, 4-0 down to Brentford!!!! Maybe it’s a touch too early but…..Ten Hag out….anyone??
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

I dread to think what will happen when Utd meet the likes of City, Liverpool and Chelsea. Brentford are a half decent mid table side, and I'm not taking away from them but they shouldn't be able to live with Utd.
I'll reserve judgement on Ten Hag, There were some woeful performances out there today. WTF was De Gea up to, and Martinez is not a centre half.
If Ten Hag has made one mistake in my book, it's his obsession with De Jong, he seems to have made all his plans around him so what happens if he doesn't come? He has to work with what he has and if what he has aren't up to it , he has to make the case to the Glazers or go ply his trade elsewhere
and this shite is not going to look good on his CV
quodec

Post by quodec »

It’s like Groundhog Day every season with this team! Nothing ever changes! Squad arnt up to it, poor purchases over the years. No one of real quality wants to play for us. And there’s no PLAN!!! No one’s buying into a PLAN. Thank God I was alive to enjoy 1993 - 2013, because what’s going on this last decade … and for the foreseeable, is not looking good!!!
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Where do we go from here :? I'm hoping we have a breakthrough performance against Liverpool Monday week that'll kick start our season but the head is telling me to turn off my phone that day and probably for a few weeks..
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Elwood_Blues wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:29 am Where do we go from here :? I'm hoping we have a breakthrough performance against Liverpool Monday week that'll kick start our season but the head is telling me to turn off my phone that day and probably for a few weeks..
A breakthrough performance against Liverpool is about as likely as a skiing trip to hell. Looking around that team yesterday, I was saying, "does anybody know what they're doing". Players arguing all over the park, although I had to agree with Ericcsen when he looked in disbelief at De Gea after he gave him the suicide pass that led to the sesond goal. WTF was he thinking, the whole fcuking park was there in front of him, he could have lashed it anywhere. You have to wonder if Ten Hag has decided that they play out from the back at all times and that led to indecision, but Jeasus, there was only one decision to make there.
Apart from that though, the whole team looked off the pace, too easily pushed off the ball, second place for every fifty-fifty, couldn't seem to get off the ground to win headers and I particularly noted Martinez in that department. Hard to remember who was playing in attack, they so rarely featured in the game, but Sancho was shit, AGAIN!!!!
mmercedes84

Post by mmercedes84 »

Martinez was probably off the ground. His height is going to be a problem in EPL. But why in the fook did we spend 56million on a defender which wasn't a priority.

ETH said in the interview he told them not to play out from back , and to go long to avoid Brentford press. So looks like they weren't listening to his instructions.

Rashford is rubbish - please sell him.
Sancho looks to be totally overrated and as good as lingaard - unbelievable waste of money.
Shaw is a useless left back - Jose was right.
Ronaldo doesn't want to be there.
Fred lacks ability needed at this level
Bruno is gone to dogs.
Maguire is not good enough for this level + Mctominay.
Dalot is not good enough for championship.
De gea cannot play with ball at his feet. His distribution is terrible anyone who ever watched him knows this.