Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Manchester United Club Thread v1

Dave Hedgehog

Manchester United Club Thread v1

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

Ole out!
Osamabindipper

Re: Manchester United Club Thread v1

Post by Osamabindipper »

Sancho in!!!
T. Hanks^

Post by T. Hanks^ »

Dave Hedgehog

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

Osamabindipper wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:59 pmSancho in!!!
Pretty impressed with what I saw of him at the Euros. Get Varane in and another starter for midfield then that will be a very good window. It will however put huge pressure on Ole to deliver silverware.
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

He needs pressure.

I'm an Ole fan because of what he achieved as a player but I do believe that he needs to be put under pressure to deliver as a manager.

3 top class signings in and sink or swim no excuses.
OldManYellsAtCloud

Post by OldManYellsAtCloud »

Varane to sign after Sancho and that’s it I reckon.
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

This should be a week of movement on Varane, I think he is back from holidays this week.
Dave Hedgehog

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

Its an exciting time to be a United fan but my excitement is heavily tempered. I genuinely do not think Ole is up to the job. He proved it beyond any shadow of a doubt in the EL final which was the single worst display of managerial ineptitude I have ever seen from any manager. We have the makings of a really good team, Sancho and Varane are key components to help shift us to the next level but the very obvious weakness is the manager.
Dave Hedgehog

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

Rumblings about J-Lingz being offered a new contract. Surely that wont happen? WHU is his level and he will never cut it at the top level which is what we should be aiming for.
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

It's crazy that United seem to have missed the point of getting rid of players. There are so many players that need to be dumped out.
Dave Hedgehog

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

Osamabindipper wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:09 pm It's crazy that United seem to have missed the point of getting rid of players. There are so many players that need to be dumped out.
Would love to see Pogba sold. Its abundantly clear he will never give us 100% all / most of the time so get him gone, off to PSG with him for £50,000,000. Selling him and Lingard would generate funds of at least £60m aswell as removing £350k a week from the wage bill. Ole clearly doesnt rate JL so you'd hope its just a bit of posturing from the club to try and get a half decent transfer fee for him.
OldManYellsAtCloud

Post by OldManYellsAtCloud »

Pogba certainly needs to go. He's been a flop all things being told.

I look forward to the day he is gone from the club and we can have a team on the pitch all working for each other as a team.

Bags and bags of talent but his application and game management leaves a lot to be desired.

A hugely talented player does not make a great player and he is hugely talented but not a great player in my eyes.
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

Dave Hedgehog wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:13 pm
Would love to see Pogba sold. Its abundantly clear he will never give us 100% all / most of the time so get him gone, off to PSG with him for £50,000,000. Selling him and Lingard would generate funds of at least £60m aswell as removing £350k a week from the wage bill. Ole clearly doesnt rate JL so you'd hope its just a bit of posturing from the club to try and get a half decent transfer fee for him.
Agree on Pogba, I've no doubt he will be a quality player elsewhere bit he has no desire to do that at United and next season he will be gone anyway. Sell now and use the funds to replace him long term.

Even signing a cdm and having DVB and Bruno playing on front of the cdm would be stronger then having to shoehorn pogba into our midfield for another season.
Stu Redman
Verified Username

Post by Stu Redman »

Osamabindipper wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:09 pm It's crazy that United seem to have missed the point of getting rid of players. There are so many players that need to be dumped out.
Great username, hopefully Spudgun will be along soon.

On topic...I'm both surprised and delighted that Rashford has opted to have the shoulder surgery. It will surely help him get back on track to his very best. He hasn't been right for a couple of seasons now.
Dave Hedgehog

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

Stu Redman wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:12 pm
Great username, hopefully Spudgun will be along soon.

On topic...I'm both surprised and delighted that Rashford has opted to have the shoulder surgery. It will surely help him get back on track to his very best. He hasn't been right for a couple of seasons now.
Has it been confirmed he is definitely having it? Fantastic if so, the lad is very clearly burned out so a few months off will do him the world of good, both physically and mentally. Having him available to come back towards the busy Christmas would be super.
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

Has there been an announcement on Rashford???

I can see where the club were coming from... In these day and age they don't want to be seen to be forcing anyone to do something surgically.

Nice to see you move over here.
Stu Redman
Verified Username

Post by Stu Redman »

Dave Hedgehog wrote:
Has it been confirmed he is definitely having it? Fantastic if so, the lad is very clearly burned out so a few months off will do him the world of good, both physically and mentally. Having him available to come back towards the busy Christmas would be super.
Ah feck, you're right, he's still mulling over whether to have the surgery or not... https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/o ... 65294.html
Dave Hedgehog

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

The club have to be strong on this matter imo. At the end of the day, they are paying his (massive) wages and if he needs to have surgery then they should be insisting (at least as much as they can) that he has it.
Stu Redman
Verified Username

Post by Stu Redman »

Osamabindipper wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:19 pm Has there been an announcement on Rashford???

I can see where the club were coming from... In these day and age they don't want to be seen to be forcing anyone to do something surgically.

Nice to see you move over here.
Likewise Mr. Bin Dipper ;)
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

Just call me osama 😎😎😎
Will I Amn’t
Verified Username

Post by Will I Amn’t »

Howdy 👋🏻
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

Welcome not will.
Dave Hedgehog

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

Dave Hedgehog

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

Jesus I fecking hate Pogba. I really hope we sell him this summer, I just want to see him and his cyst of an agent out of the club.
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

Yeah that would just make you sick. Imagine him been even less committed to a challenge next year for fear of injury.... It doesn't bare thinking about.