Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Manchester United Club Thread v1

Hugh_Bigazz

Re: Manchester United Club Thread v1

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

As an outsider I though Rashford was the only one trying
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Watched the under 21's lose 5-1 at home to Crystal Palace during the week. Not a lot there to look forward to either...
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Hugh_Bigazz wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:09 pm As an outsider I though Rashford was the only one trying
Rashford's loss of form last season seems to have turned into a mental block. He does try hard but it's just not effective, I hope he gets out of it soon as he is one of the rare breed of true United supporters.
Ronaldo, to be fair to him has been professional in my book, he may not want to be there but he doesn't shirk the job that has to be done. Pity that wouldn't rub off on his compatriot who seems to spend more time moaning than anything else. Shaw has never really recovered from the leg break a few years ago, he's lost that turn of speed, watching him trying to get back to make the tackle when the fourth goal was scored was pitiful. I remember when he came from Southampton, I thought he was the best full back since Denis Irwin.
I don't know where we go from now. In other teams, the players brought in seem to slot in to the team seamlessly. Haaland, for instance, didn't appear to me to be a player who would fit in with City's style of play, but after a few games you'd think he's always been there. Every player who comes to United, seems to be a misfit, even if we got rid of the whole lot, I think the top brass would replace them with more shite.
quodec

Post by quodec »

It might soon dawn on the Glazers that the writing is becoming more prominent on the wall, and perhaps it might be time to offload the sinking financial behemoth that is United. Once someone over there can tell them in simple (American) English that what was once a golden goose, is no longer laying anything, is losing status rapidly and can no longer entice big name players to the club, well surely they will see sense and do the decent thing. One fervently hopes!
quodec

Post by quodec »

Midfielder Casemiro from Real Madrid to Utd - 60 million + add ins. Well, it’s a start!!!
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

quodec wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:44 am Midfielder Casemiro from Real Madrid to Utd - 60 million + add ins. Well, it’s a start!!!
Casemiro has been a good player for Madrid but he's over thirty now and has been well and truly kicked in the Spanish game. I just hope he lasts the pace in the Premiership. Still, good to get a bit of bite in the midfield. I wonder what price Declan Rice now, much as I despise him for what he and Grealish did in relation to Ireland, I doubt 100m would buy him.
quodec

Post by quodec »

marhay70 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:20 am Casemiro has been a good player for Madrid but he's over thirty now and has been well and truly kicked in the Spanish game. I just hope he lasts the pace in the Premiership. Still, good to get a bit of bite in the midfield. I wonder what price Declan Rice now, much as I despise him for what he and Grealish did in relation to Ireland, I doubt 100m would buy him.
I know Rice had to make a decision about his international future. He probably argues he made the right one. But I'd still find it hard to like/support him if he ever went to Utd. Anyway back to the team. We have to get another defender. I just can't believe we'll have Harry Maguire - and his lacklustre performances - all season!!!
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

quodec wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:20 pm I know Rice had to make a decision about his international future. He probably argues he made the right one. But I'd still find it hard to like/support him if he ever went to Utd. Anyway back to the team. We have to get another defender. I just can't believe we'll have Harry Maguire - and his lacklustre performances - all season!!!
Maguire is still holding his own for England. He didn't turn into a bad player overnight and I reckon it's the system United have been playing although it could be argued if he's so good he should adapt to any system. I reckon United might change to a more defensive line up against Liverpool, if only to avoid humiliation, Maguire might perform better with more cover.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Crisis! What crisis?
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Good result but I won't be having any celebratory wank just yet. Need to see how the next few games go. Varane and Martinez were a good pairing...
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Never thought I'd say this, but maybe there is a God.
Worth it just to hear Carragher choking on his bile.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Now, let’s see has ten Hag got them sufficiently motivated to beat a middle-ranking team today. These are the games that Utd need to Win, the bread and butter games. Anything less than 3 points and last Monday’s result will count for nothing!!
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

quodec wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:28 am Now, let’s see has ten Hag got them sufficiently motivated to beat a middle-ranking team today. These are the games that Utd need to Win, the bread and butter games. Anything less than 3 points and last Monday’s result will count for nothing!!
A good ground out result. Nice to get the clean sheet. We're well short up front though. Elanga is a wet band aid at this point. Unfortunately we don't have much choice but to play him.
And don't know why we didn't keep the ball in the corner in the last two min and instead cross into the box and lose the ball...
quodec

Post by quodec »

Another good three points tonight. EtH has definitely got the defence tightened up too. Harry might not get a sniff of a starting position for the medium term, unless one of the other defenders gets injured.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

quodec wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:41 pm Another good three points tonight. EtH has definitely got the defence tightened up too. Harry might not get a sniff of a starting position for the medium term, unless one of the other defenders gets injured.
Some turn around after the Liverpool fans were giving ye all that abuse few weeks back! They were lucky as feck last night too.
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

Spurs fan here, ye better do us a favour and make those north London cowards come back to reality now they have to play more than one game a week!
quodec

Post by quodec »

Weirdly, I'm feeling unusually positive about the outcome of today's match. Not sure why, as I'm thinking Arsenal will give our defence a torrid time. So, ironically, I might be happy with a draw for this one.
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

Nice one. Great game. Ye played well.
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Hugh_Bigazz wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:51 pm Spurs fan here, ye better do us a favour and make those north London cowards come back to reality now they have to play more than one game a week!
Ok, had a word with the lads to make that happen. You owe us one now...
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Elwood_Blues wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:05 pm Ok, had a word with the lads to make that happen. You owe us one now...
We took 4 points off Liverpool and six off city last year. I’m sure we’ll try the same again :)
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

knownunknown wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:54 pm We took 4 points off Liverpool and six off city last year. I’m sure we’ll try the same again :)
Big deal, Pat's could probably take four points off Liverpool this year.
Good game yesterday, great to see Rashford getting back to his best but probably the most pleasing thing was to see the spirit in the team, the harrying and fighting. This is something that's been missing for too long, even Maguire looked steady when he came on. Eriksen is proving to be a huge bargain.
quodec

Post by quodec »

....... and there we go, two steps forward, one step back with tonight's game. They were all over the place again. Ronaldo tried his best but there were too many sub-par performances. Shitty penalty decision too. Oh well!!!!
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

A good wake up call hopefully. Rather lose here than in the premiership.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Ten Haag didn't put his first choice team out last night, I think he's going to give them all a run against better opposition than you would get in the domestic cup competitions, to decide on just what his best team is. The result was a poor performance overall but really, the penalty, WTF? How could Martinez have prevented that hitting his hand? I've lost track of all the changes in the rules regarding penalties but was that intentional, it wasn't hand to ball or ball to hand, it was ball to leg to hand and I don't know how VAR missed that.
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

What a performance last night. Actually enjoyed watching them play.

Ronaldo can feck right off