Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us. We're aware of an issue that our activation emails are not getting through to a handful of gmail users. If you registered but did not receive an activation email, let us know. If you're not so new here, you can dismiss this message.

Windows 11

Abella

Re: Windows 11

Post by Abella »

Frank wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:21 am Christ it's a slow installation.
Well what do you think of it?
Frank

Post by Frank »

I like it. I haven't had a thing not work or anything more awkward to do than before. On the whole I'm a fan of the look of it too.
Frank

Post by Frank »

As I say that, I notice screen snip doesn’t work.
Frank

Post by Frank »

If anyone else is having this issue where it says you need to refresh the PC to fix screen snip, I looked up this fix online and can confirm it works.

Turn off auto date and time, change the date to Oct 31st, open screen snip and press new (won't crash now), then turn auto date and time back on.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Has there been a workaround for ineligible PC’s yet? My other laptop should be well able to run it (as good or better specs as the one it’s installed on) but probably hasn’t that tpm thing.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Frank wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:21 am Has there been a workaround for ineligible PC’s yet? My other laptop should be well able to run it (as good or better specs as the one it’s installed on) but probably hasn’t that tpm thing.
For anyone wondering about trying out their own, I came across this artcle on The Verge that mentioned the same i7-7700HQ processor in my laptop and can confirm it works.
The Continental Op

Post by The Continental Op »

^^^^^

Useful info saved me looking it up :D
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

The cheap laptop at home was upgraded to Win11 while the photo processing rig is "stuck" with Win10. Having messed with Win11, I decided that I'm happy that the photo processing rig can't be upgraded.

I passed the Win11 laptop over to a family member and they are happy with it.
Ncdjd2

Post by Ncdjd2 »

Well, what's the verdict so far ? I have the option to download it now on my home computer. Any problems with program compatibility ? Any hits on performance after it ?