Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Using a Telly as Dedicated Computer Monitor

Using a Telly as Dedicated Computer Monitor

Post by 95438756 »

Take some thought from this Aussie. Apparently TV's have superior audio - He talks about Sound Quality. Personally, I use an LG telly exclusively as a monitor for my Mac Mini. I run the speaker through the earphone port on the mac to my 5.1 system.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Re: Using a Telly as Dedicated Computer Monitor

Post by CelticRambler »

gugleguy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:07 am Take some thought from this Aussie. Apparently TV's have superior audio ...
They do? :shock:

Since when? :roll:
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I tried it in the past and to be honest, the picture quality was crap. The TV resulted in loads of small lines appearing when using large blocks of solid colours (think Word processing).

This was about 10 years ago so things could be a bit better now for domestic TVs.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

CelticRambler wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:16 pm They do? :shock:

Since when? :roll:
TVs had great sound years ago, when they had space for full size speakers. Now they're mostly terrible. I have a Samsung TV in the living room that I've never used the speakers for, they're most likely crap too.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Haven't try using a TV in a long time as a monitor but found it strained my eyes after a few minutes, maybe they are more like computer lcd screens now ? One thing I have is a good sound card for the computer. I got one of the chromecast things and use tge telly now if I'm watching or listening to music on YouTube which is better than listening to it through the phone.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

I have my PC video plugged into my TV and my PC audio plugged into my amp. L+R speakers and a sub. Will never go back to using TV audio.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

The sound on the JVC TV is so bad, I've a set of Harmon Kardon PC speakers & subwoofer plugged in and it's a lot better sound.

Zombie thread: Using a Telly as Dedicated Computer Monitor

Post by 95438756 »

I know you're all sick and tired of me .but one last shout