Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Video clips on Whatsapp

Cobham

Video clips on Whatsapp

Post by Cobham »

I have about 15 short clips on whatsapp that I would like to transfer to some format and maybe intersperse with still photos and make it flow as one presentation. I am not tech savvy so something basic please, any recommendations?
isha
Verified Username

Re: Video clips on Whatsapp

Post by isha »

Don't know whether you want to make on phone or laptop.
I don't know how people edit on phones. Just from a work space perspective it completely frustrates me. But lots of people do it. And do it just great.

This guy tells you about free mobile phone video editing apps like VLLO.
And how to do it. He uses VN Video Editor as a tutorial.

If you need to convert files to be suitable to use in editing app or software you can use a free software like Handbrake - it is easy, just google how to use. MP4 is the handiest but any supported file works.

Everything can be googled or you-tubed! Literally everything. Then you just carefully follow one step after another no matter how complicated it seems - everything breaks down into one step, then the next, etc. Even if something seems very daunting it is not in reality.

On desktop I use Lightworks which has free or subscription video editing software. People will have their own favourites but Lightworks a great piece of kit. In my opinion. The free version does almost everything you could want for ordinary editing. They have loads of tutorials.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

I'm a fan of Lightworks too, but it might be overkill if all you want is to splice a bunch of mp4 files together. In any case, your first step will be to collect all the files you want into one place. For the kind of compilation you've mentioned, I'd always use a laptop/PC (or Mac) but as isha says, there are people who do this kind of thing entirely on their phones.
Cobham

Post by Cobham »

Thanks for those replies folks, only just seeing them, did not get a 'notification' ?? Yes would be using laptop and have whatsapp on it also so that helps. Yes Youtube is my best friend for demos etc ... I will explore more with your advice.
Cobham

Post by Cobham »

Thank you for your encouragement.... I have worked away for a few hours now and very pleased with result ... a 15 'movie' wiht a dozen or so video clips interspersed with stills. For some reason I ended up with Movavi Video editing and thought all well with a 7 day free trial. Now the finished product is 'watermarked' with their logo when saved it to computer. I shall have another go with a different bit of kit!