Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Moving to IPTV?

Breezin
Verified Username

Moving to IPTV?

Post by Breezin »

Our freesat setup is acting up, again, and to be honest I don't have the appetite to check all the connections only for another to fail. The guy who installed it isn't answering messages. So I'm thinking of getting IPTV but haven't a clue on where to go, other than clicking on the first ad that pops up.

Any opinions or advice on how to go about it? Is it a viable alternative that will last?
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Re: Moving to IPTV?

Post by Hodors Appletart »

I have both IPTV and a TV from a "traditional" supplier (I get that for free because I used to work for the company)

The IPTV is a small provider, with a dedicated Telegram group and any issues are fixed within an hour, I think there are less than 30 people on the service
Hold The Door
Dave Hedgehog

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

I've had an IPTV set up for the last 18 months or so and have not had a single solitary issue with it. I'm using an nvidia shield and have 500mb FTTH. The chap I'm getting it from is a poster around these parts so I'll flag this thread with him and he can PM you if he is open for new customers. If he is, I'd highly recommend it, the on demand library is worth the annual subscription alone never mind the live TV.
46a

Post by 46a »

I have it working perfect for years, but last season when premier league game is on it gets blocked about 5mins into the game and unblocked about 5 mins after it ends, apparently sky have got a court oder for internet providers to block certain users from accessing certain ip addresses during games, my friend has no such issue, but no ned to worry just turn on a VPN and normal service will resume, NornVPN on nvidia shield works perfect.
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

46a wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:54 am I have it working perfect for years, but last season when premier league game is on it gets blocked about 5mins into the game and unblocked about 5 mins after it ends, apparently sky have got a court oder for internet providers to block certain users from accessing certain ip addresses during games, my friend has no such issue, but no ned to worry just turn on a VPN and normal service will resume, NornVPN on nvidia shield works perfect.
All decent providers now use a proxy setup so no need for vpns apart from your own piece of mind.
Buzzin^Hornets
Verified Username

Post by Buzzin^Hornets »

Dave Hedgehog wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:12 am I've had an IPTV set up for the last 18 months or so and have not had a single solitary issue with it. I'm using an nvidia shield and have 500mb FTTH. The chap I'm getting it from is a poster around these parts so I'll flag this thread with him and he can PM you if he is open for new customers. If he is, I'd highly recommend it, the on demand library is worth the annual subscription alone never mind the live TV.

How much is the yearly sub if you don’t mind me asking? Also interested.
Dave Hedgehog

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

Buzzin^Hornets wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:48 pm How much is the yearly sub if you don’t mind me asking? Also interested.
Less than the cost of one month's sky if you were to have the full package with them.
Breezin
Verified Username

Post by Breezin »

Can I ask if a wired connection is a requirement. Can't get it to work on WiFi.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Dave Hedgehog wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:51 pm Less than the cost of one month's sky if you were to have the full package with them.
For those of us who have no idea what Sky charges for any package could you not just give a figure?
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Is there a limit on the number of channels that can be watched at the same time, from these services?

When using free to air satellite or terrestrial, the limitation is the number of tuners installed.
So with a few tuners different devices can view different channels.

How are these IPTV services managed?
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

for my own one, I can only be logged in on one device at a time - that suits my specific needs
Hold The Door
Breezin
Verified Username

Post by Breezin »

Breezin wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:56 pm Can I ask if a wired connection is a requirement. Can't get it to work on WiFi.
Anyone :?:
Breezin
Verified Username

Post by Breezin »

How Soon Is Now wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:21 pm On my end I've had it work using an Nvidia Shield and two types of Firesticks with both wired and wireless connections.
Thanks. Might be something else so. Have to do some more investigating. :|
Breezin
Verified Username

Post by Breezin »

How Soon Is Now wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:21 pm On my end I've had it work using an Nvidia Shield and two types of Firesticks with both wired and wireless connections.
Can I ask what wifi speeds you're getting?
PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

For anyone using IPTV on an Android TV box the Tivimate app is a must have, so clean and easy to navigate once you get the hang of it, passes the missus test.

If your IPTV m3u is a mess or missing EPG and logos you can rearrange and fix it using m3u4u.com
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

PogMoThoin wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:51 pm For anyone using IPTV on an Android TV box the Tivimate app is a must have, so clean and easy to navigate once you get the hang of it, passes the missus test.

If your IPTV m3u is a mess or missing EPG and logos you can rearrange and fix it using m3u4u.com
It's a Good app I find for most the people I deal with stbemu is best app. Nothing goes wrong and easy to setup and look after. Tvi mate looks nice when you have people that know how to do basics 😂😂😂
Schorpio

Post by Schorpio »

How Soon Is Now wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:38 pm Been using IPTV for year's now. Been with a few different providers but settled on one I've had for two or so years now that on fella on boards hooked me up with.

Very very solid and brilliant selection of channels id never touch Sky or Virgin again!
I have a Shield, but have never used IPTV. I would be interested in hearing more info about this provider if they are taking new sign-ups. PMs welcome.
Lucas Hood
Verified Username

Post by Lucas Hood »

Using iptv for years myself and works quite well. 50 euro for the year can't go wrong.

Did sign up to s sport + which is a turkish legit service they show most of the premier league games but need a turkish/cyprus vpn. They also show spl, la liga, seria a, f1 ufc all for about 17 euro a year. ALL english commentary apart from f1.
JONJO THE MISER

Post by JONJO THE MISER »

Thinking of trying this out.
Looking for mostly U.S. and Aus channels.
Can any of us guys P.M decent ones.
scooby

Post by scooby »

Yea curious about this - how/where do you find providers?

Is it just word of mouth type deal - or are they advertised centrally somewhere with ratings etc?
Lucas Hood
Verified Username

Post by Lucas Hood »

scooby wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:48 pm Yea curious about this - how/where do you find providers?

Is it just word of mouth type deal - or are they advertised centrally somewhere with ratings etc?
Word of mouth mainly. Anyone advertising online arent going to be around very long.

Most will give a trial, take it would be my advice see if its for you or not.

I can recommend a service if anyone needs one.
Breezin
Verified Username

Post by Breezin »

Got it working on shield using stbemu. Still mystified as to whether I need a vpn too, or if that's covered by the app/service.
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Sky will start a crackdown when the season starts, so a vpn is advisable
Hold The Door
Osamabindipper

Post by Osamabindipper »

Hodors Appletart wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:47 am Sky will start a crackdown when the season starts, so a vpn is advisable
While it's hard to tell what will happen and usually, something does happen at start of each season after last year all good providers started using proxies which hides the server from isp providers mainly sky who started reporting them last year.

If any provider now is not using proxy setup they are asking for trouble.
PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

Hodors Appletart wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:47 am Sky will start a crackdown when the season starts, so a vpn is advisable
Or a broadband provider that wasn't named in the court order. I'm with Westnet, I didn't need a VPN while my brother and my dad on Eir and Vodafone needed one for the same IPTV provider