Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

What is most 'Tech' university or Third Level institution on the island of Ireland.

What is most 'Tech' university or Third Level institution on the island of Ireland.

Post by 95438756 »

Here's my list:
1. Queens university Belfast
2. University College Cork
3. UL
4. UCD
5. NUI Galway

Best institute of technologies worth mentioning, they're not universities:

1. DKIT Dundalk Institute of Technology
2. Athlone Institute of Technology: blighted by politics just about deserves mention

Trinity College should have been on the list, but its own progress is heavily impacted by internal politics.

Politics also seriously blights GMIT

What do there gubernites think?

Re: What is most 'Tech' university or Third Level institution on the island of Ireland.

Post by 95438756 »

^^^^ ya got me about DCU. Has entrepreneur office there. Formerly called NIHE, National Institute of Higher Education
name changed around 1990.

DIT and IT Tallaght - messy merger there.
The other messy merger being of course Carlow institute and Waterford institute of technology. Did not go well, government forced it.
Hairy-Joe

Re: What is most 'Tech' university or Third Level institution on the island of Ireland.

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Having mentored graduates in various pharma and biopharma establishments, for technical roles, I'd take IT graduates over university graduates simply because the IT graduates got more practical experience in their degree over the universities.