Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Meta shares crash

KHD

Meta shares crash

Post by KHD »

Are we seeing the death of Facebook? Will it be sold off in bits or Zuckerberg forced to step aside ? Interesting times ahead for a company that is now valued 270 billion down from nearly a trillion dollars roughly this time last year. I always thought that Facebook would go the way of MySpace. Eventually people would get fed up with it and move else where.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/27/meta-is ... anies.html
Cobham

Re: Meta shares crash

Post by Cobham »

I agree about FB being less popular these days especially by younger folk. I use it only to keep up to date with interest groups but find it very frustrating/shallow.
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

I deleted mine about 3 years ago and plenty I know have since deleted. It's hemorrhaging users no longer has the appeal.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Remember Bebo and MySpace? Their crash in popularity was sudden and severe. They then disappeared from everyday use. Facebook is probably going the same way but the decline is a lot slower.

They tried to stave it off by buying Instagram but the burning of cash in the virtual world Meta shite is really forcing the share price crash. Someone needs to sit Zuckerberg down and explain his virtual avatar shite isn't going to work.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:55 pm Remember Bebo and MySpace? Their crash in popularity was sudden and severe. They then disappeared from everyday use. Facebook is probably going the same way but the decline is a lot slower.

They tried to stave it off by buying Instagram but the burning of cash in the virtual world Meta shite is really forcing the share price crash. Someone needs to sit Zuckerberg down and explain his virtual avatar shite isn't going to work.
Didn't the Fox network buy Myspace in the end ? I think there was some sort of server crash and alot of user's data was lost.

If the price goes down any further would that pave the way for some other company to step in and buy them out ? ( I'm not familiar with this type of stuff ) All that user data must be worth a fortune.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

KHD wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:02 pm
If the price goes down any further would that pave the way for some other company to step in and buy them out ? ( I'm not familiar with this type of stuff ) All that user data must be worth a fortune.
Ya, I think you are right. The value is the user base.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

I dunno anyone who still uses Facebook regularly....though with their WhatsApp and Instagram,they'll stay going for a long time

Always a bit embarrassed to ask this,but feck it,what exactly is metaverse meant to be,is it just an elaborate virtual reality game,or am I totally missing the point?
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Setanta wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:42 pm I dunno anyone who still uses Facebook regularly....though with their WhatsApp and Instagram,they'll stay going for a long time

Always a bit embarrassed to ask this,but feck it,what exactly is metaverse meant to be,is it just an elaborate virtual reality game,or am I totally missing the point?
The Metaverse is just more BS. I hate FB with a passion, everything about it from a users point of view but it's a free tool and I put nothing personal on the platform and have only a dozen or so friends. If it disappeared I could live without it.
'no more blah blah blah'
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

It's a virtual reality cyberspace world.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Hugh_Bigazz wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:57 pm It's a virtual reality cyberspace world.
What I said. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Going the way of Google glasses, people that use it think it’s cool.
KHD

Post by KHD »

A related story on Metaverse so I'll post it here. The EU's Metaverse space, built to attract "non politically engaged" people in the 18 to 35 year old bracket, at a cost of nearly 400, 000 euros, was a flop. 6 people turned up, looked around and left and at the end the only person that remained was this dude. The dancing figures are part of the build and I think represent areas on EU policy.

jmcc
Verified Username

Post by jmcc »

KHD wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:25 am A related story on Metaverse so I'll post it here. The EU's Metaverse space, built to attract "non politically engaged" people in the 18 to 35 year old bracket, at a cost of nearly 400, 000 euros, was a flop. 6 people turned up, looked around and left and at the end the only person that remained was this dude. The dancing figures are part of the build and I think represent areas on EU policy.

Horrifying that these morons are allowed any budget at all.
Regards...jmcc