Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

SkangerTronics

SkangerTronics

Post by 95438756 »

Back in the day I would go delve into the electronic stuff on sale in the blackberry market rathmimes behind the church.
Later on, pre COVID I ordered a toy car which could apparently travel on ceilings. ( Not at all really )
I also bought a small radio control helicopter with LED lighting on main rotors. The thing was infra red control.

Re: SkangerTronics

Post by 95438756 »

Just discovered the IKEA Record player.
Flogged by Ikea but boo hoo out of stock in éire.
It got a good review for the cheap-ass electronics it is on YouTube not by tiny irish YouTube owner but a decent size Independent American YouTuber.
Might like to blag it when I can just because it comes as branded IKEA.
I think the layout of the St Margaret's road IKEA store is crap.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

gugleguy wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:07 pm Just discovered the IKEA Record player.
Flogged by Ikea but boo hoo out of stock in éire.
It got a good review for the cheap-ass electronics it is on YouTube not by tiny irish YouTube owner but a decent size Independent American YouTuber.
Might like to blag it when I can just because it comes as branded IKEA.
I think the layout of the St Margaret's road IKEA store is crap.
I don't see the point in buying a record player from a flatpack furniture chain. Honestly, that's on the idiotic end of buying decisions to make. For the same price you'd get a much nicer player from a brand that don't make bookshelves and 50c hotdogs.

Bad enough with some of the nastier furniture they produce. E-waste is already a serious problem. The last thing the world needs is those money grabbing baxtards creating more of it.

Post by 95438756 »

Okay. I'll buy it still.
Ye see Jayzeus, theres this youtube channel called Ashens.
He reviews stuff like this.
I don't run a Youtube channel like that.
Still, I'll report back here on how I find the thing
Thanks Bud.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

I'm with JayZues on this one. A warped platter is a massive red flag IMHO. Means you can't trust anything of the build quality. I think you'd be WAY better off trying to find a 70s or 80s decent name turntable on adverts, done deal, gumtree or whatever site does the trick these days.

Good luck with whatever you end up getting though.