Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

HP Designjet 110 Driver.

kadman
Verified Username

HP Designjet 110 Driver.

Post by kadman »

I am currently experiencing a driver problem, or should I say lack of one. Since my last system went belly up on the power supply, I have migrated to a different pc i own.
Its running Win 10, and I need a driver to run my HP Designjet 24" printer. I know its an old printer but it serves my HP Designjet 110 purpose well. Problem is I am unable to get a driver for this outdated printer, 20 years old I would guess. Its the C7796 D model I am searching for. I tried a few downloads, but no luck so far. Is this going to be as tricky as I think it might be due to age??
Hairy-Joe

Re: HP Designjet 110 Driver.

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I've had the same issue for a LaserJet 1010. It's feckin' ancient but working like a champ. My solution is to find the youngest driver you can find. I use a Windows 7 driver and install that through the "install printer" in settings. Windows will ask for the file location and then point it to the folder with the old drivers.

You may loose a lot of the HP setting software but it'll be a basic printer driver. Then use the program you want to print from (Word, Excel, etc) to set up the print the way you want (orientation, size, etc)
kadman
Verified Username

Re: HP Designjet 110 Driver.

Post by kadman »

What I have done is load up the hp software onto an old laptop running windows vista, and hooked up the plotter to that.
Seems to be working ok, which is grand for me now.
I had it running on windows 7, but since I changed to win 10 on the pc it has not worked obviously. And given that the plotter is 20 years old, its doubtful I will get it running on win 10.
But it is back up and running which is great.