Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Anyone know of any decent apps for Chromecast ?

KHD

Anyone know of any decent apps for Chromecast ?

Post by KHD »

I purchased a Chromecast dongle from Curry's yesterday and set it up on my TV. All I have is Netflix and some other things like RTE player, which is brutal. Anyone know of any apps that will stream programs and films pre say 2000 ? I've no interest in the woke shit that passes as entertainment currently.
marhay70

Re: Anyone know of any decent apps for Chromecast ?

Post by marhay70 »

KHD wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:27 am I purchased a Chromecast dongle from Curry's yesterday and set it up on my TV. All I have is Netflix and some other things like RTE player, which is brutal. Anyone know of any apps that will stream programs and films pre say 2000 ? I've no interest in the woke shit that passes as entertainment currently.
Get Kodi and then look for add ons. Kodi itself is perfectly legit but some add ons are not and it might be frowned upon to even discuss them here, but there are ways. Alternatively you can get apps on Playstore, like Peacock Tv, Freevee, PlutoTv and a few more, some of them will require a VPN but again, not a problem and this will also allow you to get BBC iPlayer.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Thanks Marhay will check these out tonight.
KHD

Post by KHD »

I installed Kodi but nothing would work on it. I got this app called Filmplus which I'm supposed to cast onto my chrome cast dongle, but the sound is not synchronised between the two devices. I suppose i can watch stuff on the phone with it. At this stage I'm ready to throw it out the window and go back to my five stations and youtube on the PC. Another waste of money spent on a gadget.

Anyone want a free chromecast dongle?
KHD

Post by KHD »

Update on this, I persevered a bit more with it last night. Ye probably know all this sh1t already as I am years behind current technology related to TVs.

Anyway, I installed FilmPlus from https://filmplus.app onto my mobile phone, which gives me enough films and tv shows to watch until I've either croked it or the site is taken out. Instead of casting from the film plus app, I casted instead from the Google Home app, which basically mirrors my phone. Make the film full screen and mute the volume and away I go.

Currently watching Clarkson's Farm, he has to be taking the p1ss in the first episode. He can't be that clueless about machinery!