Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Your favorite Youtube channels

Re: Your favorite Youtube channels

Post by 95438756 »

TACASHii FROM JAPAN

Below Vid includes interview with half - Irish guy. Very sensible responses from this fella. Fully copped on too.

Post by 95438756 »

dawg wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:16 am https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd6F39 ... ibw/videos

This isnt a favourite.
At least it wasnt when I found it.
Unfortunately much of what he says is absolutely true.
While the channel may not be a favourite or compulsive viewing it is a very useful resource
This youtube channel has now been terminated by YouTube / Alphabet
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

gugleguy wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:00 pm This youtube channel has now been terminated by YouTube / Alphabet
what was it?

Post by 765489 »

Where's dawg got to thats what I want to know. :(
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

I did a search of the channel ID in the url and it seems that channel belonged to a chap named Vernon Coleman. Wikipedia says he’s ‘ an English conspiracy theorist,[1][2][3] anti-vaccination activist,[4][5] AIDS denialist,[6][7] blogger and novelist who writes on topics related to human health, politics and animal issues’.

Don’t know where to begin the search for dawg :p
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:58 pm Where's dawg got to thats what I want to know. :(
Not to mention Osciiboscii!!
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Back on track,

ASHENS

Why?

His irreverent but full bang on accurate review of cheapass tech gear sorting out the good stuff from the blingy rubbish.

btw something that costs £10 in poundland will roughly equate to ye getting for €15 off the shelf in Dealz.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Over the past year or so I have listened to many interesting videos from this channel - Fall of Civilisations. The narrator's voice takes a while to accept. That is a shame as he really does the work, but his intonations can be grating (for me, maybe others will love it). But I can work with it now. Usually he does visuals to accompany his narrative, but this is just audio.

This is a really interesting one - about the Vijayanagara empire in Medieval India. He sets up the story with a long lead in that places the empire in a wide sweep of historical narrative spanning thousands of years. He covers geology as well which really makes it informative - how human civilisations have been shaped by landscapes that took millions of years to form. And he also sets up the story closer to this Hindu empire's lifespan with the advent of the Islamic empires in India. It is a really good documentary for learning quite a lot about the history of India.
The battles that took place around the 15th century were astonishing in their scope. But also the incredible lifestyles and wealth. A thing that caught my imagination were the huge flower markets, fresh flowers always available in abundance. Vijayanagara was at one time the second largest city in the Medieval world after Bejing - and while Bejing thrives, Vijayanagara lies in ruins.
I spent 2 weeks a long time ago among those ruins, being absolutely savaged by mosquitos. It is an enchanting landscape, though its former glory lies in dust. Huge mad looking boulders, amazing sunsets, the Virupaksha temple, monkeys everywhere.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
quodec

Re: Favorite Youtubers

Post by quodec »

I posted above about my current favourite Youtuber - Mr Bald, who visits countries around the old Soviet USSR. This is his latest, put up just yesterday, where he visits Lviv and Kharkiv just last week before the invasion!

Post by 95438756 »

DOOMER LIFE from the point of view from Wojak, a millenial Doomer.
A good cross section of boards.ie posters fit into Wojak's walk of life.
https://youtube.com/channel/UCTi2tQgA_yu2uu_9RiyT2yA
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Favorite Youtubers

Post by Del.Monte »

quodec wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:31 pm I posted above about my current favourite Youtuber - Mr Bald, who visits countries around the old Soviet USSR. This is his latest, put up just yesterday, where he visits Lviv and Kharkiv just last week before the invasion!
Just watched that - thanks for posting! A grim place indeed and as Mr.Bald says we are lucky to live in a Western country - for all our problems.
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Great chat from Iain McGilchrist. I like this guy.
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

I've been following this guy for a few years, you may have seen some of his mad videos like the 360 swing or hoverbike. The guy is not only a serious self taught engineer but also a complete and utter nutter! In his latest videos he's been tunneling under his house go further back you'll find some crazy ones.

https://youtube.com/c/colinfurze
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Tierzoo is a YouTube channel that ranks animals as if it were a game. Had forgotten about this channel they don’t have many updates but really fantastic videos, if you get it.

Setanta

Post by Setanta »

https://youtube.com/user/kevinevansdogs

Top handler in the world, regularly receives top prices for his dogs....the control he have over a seemingly endless supply of dogs is incredible
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

isha wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:05 am
The narrator's voice takes a while to accept. That is a shame as he really does the work, but his intonations can be grating (for me, maybe others will love it). But I can work with it now. Usually he does visuals to accompany his narrative, but this is just audio.
I put in on 1.25 speed and it instantly became much more listenable.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

“Best Ever Food Review Show” reviews much more than food but culture also. At the end of the day we all have to eat.

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Project Kamp is a series I came across recently all things farming, diy, etc… some Scandinavians (I think or maybe polish) buy and restore a farm in Portugal.

Enoch Von Clausewitz

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

like this guy's deadpan delivery while ridiculing our betters from across pond

[media][/media]
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

This guy may be right, may be wrong, may be half and half, may be mad, may be prescient, but anyway I enjoyed this podcast with him - Dave Collum, Professor in the Chemistry department at Cornell university. PS it's not about chemistry.

Post by 95438756 »

YouTube is circling the drain

Apelles

Post by Apelles »

I learned loads of great
tips from this chap. He's so knowledgeable and professional with his presentation and his approach to his craft. I could watch his videos all day long . . . Bit jealous really.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

I like this channel.

Dude knows what he's talking about, does it in an entertaining way and has no qualms about calling out companies and politicians on their BS

https://www.youtube.com/@ClimateTown