Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Being without internet is like being without electricity.

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Being without internet is like being without electricity.

Post by Del.Monte »

Experienced a temporary loss of internet service this evening due some glitch with my phone. In the distant past I would have flown into a temper and lost my mind but tonight I went and had my dinner instead. It still wouldn't work when I came back to it and my anxiety levels started to rise again and then I thought of my local computer repair shop - thankfully open all hours and a only a minutes walk away. The owner is a Nigerian and always seems happy and just seeing him cheers me up - he's like a doctor with a good bedside manner! Phone handed over and problem sorted in seconds - free of charge. Poor man started to ask me a couple of technical questions but he realised that he was talking to a technophobe and assured me that all would be fine. It was! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Del.Monte on Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'no more blah blah blah'
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Re: Being without internet is like being without electricity.

Post by CelticRambler »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:15 pm... my local computer repair shop - thankfully open all hours and a only a minutes walk away. ...
Just imagine how much more of the world you might discover outside if you got off the internet and went for a walk! :mrgreen:

Count your blessings while you're at it. My local computer repair shop is 45km away, open 9-12 and 2-5 Monday to Friday (and not on Bank Holidays).
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Oh I'd be feckin' delighted for an enforced break. I've plenty of books to read.....
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Will Ferrell says, before you get married you need to live with your partner with slow internet, that will show you what they're really like 🤣