Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Why is YouTube becoming so Clunky to use?

Why is YouTube becoming so Clunky to use?

Post by 95438756 »

This fella more or less nails it. Don't mind me, I'm only a minnow.

quodec

Re: Why is YouTube becoming so Clunky to use?

Post by quodec »

I like Youtube a lot, particularly the vast music content on it, but the the constant ads are just a real pita, and there's no getting away from them. But dammed if I'm gonna go down the ads-free payment route.
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

quodec wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:15 pm I like Youtube a lot, particularly the vast music content on it, but the the constant ads are just a real pita, and there's no getting away from them. But dammed if I'm gonna go down the ads-free payment route.
I use the Adblock browser on my android phone and the Adblock chrome extension on my PC, both are free and I don't get any ads on either device when on YouTube.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

quodec wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:15 pm I like Youtube a lot, particularly the vast music content on it, but the the constant ads are just a real pita, and there's no getting away from them.
I haven't seen an ad on YouTube for at least five years, maybe longer. Unless I'm using someone else's computer ... and then I wonder how the feck they can live like that. :shock:

But YT as a whole is the pits, and is ever pitsier with each passing year. There are days when it seems like the whole concept has become one giant clickbait scam, and (unfortunately) too many "content creators" go along with it, chasing views with promises of SHOCKING REVELATIONS that are nothing of the sort, and similar stupidity.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Like CR I haven't seen an Ad in years on YouTube, or anywhere else for that matter, as I have every type of Ad blocker ever invented. I wish that someone would invent an Ad blocker for radio which has become virtually unlistenable to - save of course for the BBC. :mrgreen:

I like YouTube for music, movies, rugby, railways and nature and I don't look at talking heads talking bs.
'no more blah blah blah'
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

I use the Brave browser on my phone to view Youtube. It automatically blocks most advertisements and website trackers. Doesn't seem like you can block ads on the iPhone Youtube App. Not sure about Android but my IT job keeps me in the apple ecosystem.
Cobham

Post by Cobham »

I use AdBlocker. It is free but they request donations now and again so I give them 5 euro. Makes Youtube a great resource and can play online game without ad popups distracting on sidelines.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

quodec wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:15 pm I like Youtube a lot, particularly the vast music content on it, but the the constant ads are just a real pita, and there's no getting away from them. But dammed if I'm gonna go down the ads-free payment route.
I subscribe to YT premium in Argentina, that's a 6x Google users family account for €1.84 per month. We all get YT premium with no ads and YT music

Post by 95438756 »

The YouTube Android app has been updated. Now icons are on the footer instead of the header. head over heels
all good clean fun ;) :? :geek: :lol:
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

I subscribe for YouTube premium, as I don't watch TV ever any more, and probably stream something in the region of 25-30 hours of video and music on YT. Family sub, paying the regular rate.

Those data grabbing SOB's have disabled the recommendations on the Home landing page, prompting me to enable watch history, or else I get to see NO recommendations at all there.

Way to go, you dumb ucks. Subscription cancelled immediately in the middle of writing this post, never to be reinstated. Greed has lost them hundreds of euro for the next year. And the year after, and the year after. Was my watch history worth that to them? The dirty streaks.