Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

For Serious YouTubers: Some Tips on Vimeo

For Serious YouTubers: Some Tips on Vimeo

Post by 95438756 »

Did'nt expect to find this nugget but it's too late for me as a YouTuber

https://vimeo.com/blog/post/avoid-youtu ... etization/

Worth the trouble of perusing through with a mug of your favourite coffee and biscuit.

;)
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Re: For Serious YouTubers: Some Tips on Vimeo

Post by CelticRambler »

:?: Not sure what's particularly informative about that article? "Beware YouTube's efforts to keep your money for themselves" - sure, 'twas ever thus. :roll:

I follow less than a dozen YouTubers, and all of them at this stage are using YT as little more than a showcase for their work, with their serious revenue coming from Patreon (and clones), sponsorship/partnership deals, and bog-standard, old-fashioned paying gigs.

For anyone who is still trying to maximise their YT revenue, though, CGP Grey has this advice on his Veritasium channel:

Post by 490808 »

To be honest OP I see that piece on Vimeo more as an advertorial for Vimeo than anything else.

It reads here's what's wrong with youtube but hey Vimeo is great use Vimeo but ignore the fact this blog is hosted on Vimeo.com :idea:
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

CelticRambler wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:03 am :?: Not sure what's particularly informative about that article? "Beware YouTube's efforts to keep your money for themselves" - sure, 'twas ever thus. :roll:

I follow less than a dozen YouTubers, and all of them at this stage are using YT as little more than a showcase for their work, with their serious revenue coming from Patreon (and clones), sponsorship/partnership deals, and bog-standard, old-fashioned paying gigs.

For anyone who is still trying to maximise their YT revenue, though, CGP Grey has this advice on his Veritasium channel:

That's a good video, veritasium usually makes good ones. His name is Derek Muller though, CGP grey is a different guy(who also makes good videos- I used to listen to a podcast he did with Brady Haran (Hello internet)! They are friends though.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

2u2me wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:22 pm His name is Derek Muller though, CGP grey is a different guy ...
Dohhh! :oops: