Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Recommend a VPN provider?

Cyclepath
Verified Username

Recommend a VPN provider?

Post by Cyclepath »

Hey folks, can anyone recommend a VPN provider?

Specifically, I want one that doesn't get its IPs flagged by BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime UK, etc.

I see Mozilla VPN have also launched in Ireland so interested to hear if anyone has tried them out yet.

Re: Recommend a VPN provider?

Post by 316670 »

Forget about streaming BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime UK, etc.
www.rlsbb.ru/ scene-rls.net/ www.scnsrc.me/ and a million other sites exist and you can download whatever you want to watch a few hours after that air on USA TV . Get a rapidgator.net/ sub and get downloading in crystal clear 1080p or 4K
archfi
Verified Username

Post by archfi »

Cyclepath wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:33 pm Hey folks, can anyone recommend a VPN provider?

Specifically, I want one that doesn't get its IPs flagged by BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime UK, etc.

I see Mozilla VPN have also launched in Ireland so interested to hear if anyone has tried them out yet.
Mozilla VPN is actually Mullvad which is a really good VPN but not so for bypassing geo restrictions. BBC iPlayer never worked for me using Mullvad.
Windscribe VPN never failed as does it's DNS/Streaming offering ControlD - with ControlD it's like PiHole, a VPN and a top notch streaming dns proxy in one.
windscribe.com
controld.com
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

I've just finished a six-month free trial with VPN Unlimited and it did pretty much what it said on the tin. At times, it was quite sluggish (throttling my usual 5Mb/s to about 1.5Mb/s with some effects on streaming performance) but it worked with any of the sites I wanted to visit as a virtual resident.

That said, I have finished with the trial and am not in any great hurry to pay to continue the service. I find that most channels on US TV 247 work without any VPN (and the ones that don't didn't work with VPN Unlimited either); and if needs must, primewire.li generally provides streamable or downloadable versions of anything I might want to watch.
jingleheimer

Post by jingleheimer »

If you ask me I use Ivacy for all my streaming needs. Their USA VPN in particular provides an uninterrupted and unthrottled streaming experience. Moreover, their streaming is also advocated and endorsed by TechRadar
Saint_Mel

Post by Saint_Mel »

Been using SurfShark and seems be be ok
Breezin
Verified Username

Post by Breezin »

NotThatDevnull wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:32 pm Forget about streaming BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime UK, etc.
www.rlsbb.ru/ scene-rls.net/ www.scnsrc.me/ and a million other sites exist and you can download whatever you want to watch a few hours after that air on USA TV . Get a rapidgator.net/ sub and get downloading in crystal clear 1080p or 4K
Do you not need to register with a licence number for iplayer?