Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Neighbors dog fouling

How does your garden grow?
Verified Username

Neighbors dog fouling

Post by 8760976543 »

Not sure whether to post this here or in one of the other topics so sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

One of our neighbors a few doors up go walking with their dogs around the estate. I'm not overly familiar with dog breeds but these are big and possibly some sort of bull dog. They don't keep them on any leash and now they've started using our small patch of garden at the front as their new toilet and the owners don't pick it up.
Now usually I'd tell the neighbor to clean up after them but these are not the most friendly people. They've already had the house raided twice by the guards in the last two years and I really don't want to have anything to do with them but at the same time I don't want to pick up dog shit for the foreseeable future.

Amy suggestions?

Re: Neighbors dog fouling

Post by 765489 »

Have you got a wall / fence around your front garden Elwood ? Or gates that you can close so they can't wander in ?
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:10 pm Have you got a wall / fence around your front garden Elwood ? Or gates that you can close so they can't wander in ?
No, unfortunately not. No possibility to put up gates and it's quite a thin strip of grass at the front. A fence would look a bit out of place.

Post by 765489 »

Pain in the hole that. I live out in a rural area of Dublin and have had also to deal with that over the years. Sometimes big vicious dogs wandering in with no control on them.

Always say you only get one chance with a dog. Be careful.

If you could find out a smell that dogs don't like and spray it on the grass.. eventually they might decide to pick a different spot.

Post by 765489 »

There's a couple of products you can spray if you google dog repellents. From my own dogs they seem to like to poop in a regular spot. So if you can get something that will give them an unpleasant smell for a couple of days they might find a new spot.

From what you say about the owners I wouldn't bother going to them as they sound that they don't give a bollix.

Post by 765489 »

https://www.lenehans.ie/700g-cat-dog-repellen.html

Think that's in granule form and weatherproof for 7 days. Spinkle it in the grass and see if it works.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Dogs that use a certain area for crapping, will keep coming back to that as their area for latrine purposes. The longer this goes on, the harder it will be to break it.Once they smell their own markers, they will crap their. Thats what you need to change, with a stronger more pungent aroma. I have heard of people using jeyes fluid, but dont know how effective it is.
PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

Thread reminds me of the scene in me, myself and Irene

Seanybiker

Post by Seanybiker »

Supposedly dogs hate cayenne pepper. Can't imagine that staying on the ground if there was a slight breeze though.
Seanybiker

Post by Seanybiker »

Mountain wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:23 pm If you start s**ttng in your own garden, the dogs will walk all over it and drag it back to their owner's house. It's like the saying goes "don't s**t on your own doorstep...unless it's to stop the neighbour's dog fouling'
Show dominance and shit on the dogs.