Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

The little digger that could!

How does your garden grow?
CelticRambler
Verified Username

The little digger that could!

Post by CelticRambler »

Cheap Chinese diggers get a bit of a raw deal from the Kubota fanbois and other lads who seem to have several tens of thousands of euros to spend, but my little machine is back at work now that the sun's come out for a bit and I can't cope with any more indoor renovation. An unexpected few dry days gave me the chance to finally get my farmyard dug down to the level of the barn door:

I'd previously cleared the topsoil off this approximately 250m² space, and with my helpful December visitor, that got shifted to fill a hollow in the back garden. Those new mounds are piles of thick, wet, sticky clay sorted by potential usefulness - but there's no question of moving them for at least a couple of months, because what you're looking at there is how things were when the ground was dry. Since then, Monica has roared through and dumped yet more water on us, and this evening Nelson is huffing and puffing and doing his damnedest to blow the house down.

In any case, this month more than ever before has demonstrated the value of paying not very much (relatively speaking) for the luxury of having a half-decent machine ready to take advantage of short and unpredictable breaks in the weather.