Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Paradigit (formerly Komplett)

Paradigit (formerly Komplett)

Post by 95438756 »

Rebrand from komplett.
Bought a Trust (yeah I know) 5.1 sound system off new website.
Stated on the site the courier is DHL and "it's cheap!"
ok
So this morning I tracked my package..
Ffs ....
The "local" courier for Ireland is

Fastway

Ok, have a great laugh at me gubernites.
Scotty

Re: Paradigit (formerly Komplett)

Post by Scotty »

gugleguy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:53 am Rebrand from komplett.
Bought a Trust (yeah I know) 5.1 sound system off new website.
Stated on the site the courier is DHL and "it's cheap!"
ok
So this morning I tracked my package..
Ffs ....
The "local" courier for Ireland is

Fastway

Ok, have a great laugh at me gubernites.
I bought an MSI laptop off them last year and it took about 5 weeks longer than they said it would. They're Dutch as I'm sure you know but the laptop came with a US keyboard layout.

I find Fastway great tbh, but as with all couriers, it depends on your local driver.

Post by 490808 »

Komplett always used to be OK and not used Paradigit (name sounds like a finger stuck somewhere) and Fastway have never lost anything of mine but they can be slow and and not bother delivering for a few days if they don't have anything else nearby. They have also left a few delicate items in cardboard boxes out in the rain at the end of the drive. Always try to avoid them if I can.
Banshee Bones

Post by Banshee Bones »

Used to use Komplett a fair bit but hadnt in years, then wondered why some company called paradigit were spamming me
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I don't think I've ever used Komplett to buy anything. I looked them up before and can't remember why I didn't use them. My usual "go to" for computer stuff is Elara.ie or direct to manufacturer if possible

Post by 95438756 »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:15 am direct to manufacturer if possible
As I've done with my Dell and Mac mini machine.
Regret now I only ordered a plodding i3 with my Inspiron but was bit constricted by budget at the time, and half the total cost of the package was buying outright Ms office 2019 license.

Post by 95438756 »

Package delivered to the house at 9.20am Fastway driver knocked on door and handed me the goods.

Mission complete - I'll use paradigit again if I see cool shit
PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

Have ordered for Komplett many times, never had an issue.

I deal with couriers weekly for work, DPD used have the best service, but that's no longer the case! Since covid they've closed their collect from depot option. I've had something delivered to a big pharma facility before Christmas, twice they sent me an email request for the Eircode, rescheduling my delivery, you can honestly see this facility from space and then finally instead of ringing my number on the package and giving me a 5-10 minute heads up meet them they just randomly dropped the package of expensive electronics at a kitchen door without seeing anyone, signed themselves sand disappeared. Was next day before the package got to me and very lucky it did! Fastway don't do this, they'll at least ring the number in advance

Post by 490808 »

A lot of the good and bad of deliveries comes from the drivers themselves and of course how they are treated and paid.

We have a Fastway delivery driver who is not the sharpest pencil in the box but he is fairly reliable compared to other Fastway drivers I had to deal with. I still try and avoid any dealings with Fastway. At home here currently DPD are the most reliable.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I try to avoid DPD myself due to them "loosing" a box containing parts from a vintage car that couldn't be replaced. The box was found in the local depot by DPD UK. The sender in the UK was machining the parts for us and was embarrassed. The parts had matching numbers so replacement parts meant devaluation of the car.

I'm convinced someone in the local office saw the sender's details (as they would be known in Motorsport) and was hoping to use the parts themselves. That's just a theory