Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

When Critical Staff were Released from their Job in an Organisation

When Critical Staff were Released from their Job in an Organisation

Post by 95438756 »

This thread is inspired after Musk's botched take over of the company formerly known as Twitter.

Don't talk about your self in this thread!

So, do you know of any outfit be it public or private sector where somebody with an important role was let go? So that somebody else could be put in on a much lower pay scale perhaps?

Re: When Critical Staff were Released from their Job in an Organisation

Post by 678904673 »

Some years ago a company I worked for outsourced the Helpdesk to India. Total disaster. Complaints flooded in. And a number of customer accounts closed.

The result was that within six months the helpdesk was back located in Ireland
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

I used work in a place where they left two foremen leave,over relatively small pay rises and brought in an outsider who wasn't in the trade to 'manage' it

It become overrun and mismanaged,resulting in most of rest lads working there leaving due to burnout/deterioration of conditions over the next 18 months..... resulting in a booming family business of 70 plus years winding down to a former shell of itself
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
BrianD3

Post by BrianD3 »

I'm reminded of the RTE weather forecast controversy in 1999. They tried to replace meteorologists like Evelyn Cusack with presenters like Nuala Carey, they had to row back on it and ended up with both meteorologists and presenters.
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/s ... 34467.html

Not exactly a letting go situation though - the meteorologists would still have had jobs with Met Eireann.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

gugleguy wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:07 pm Don't talk about your self in this thread!

So, do you know of any outfit be it public or private sector where somebody with an important role was let go? So that somebody else could be put in on a much lower pay scale perhaps?
I could tell you an interesting true story ... but I was the critical one that was "let go" so thread rules prohibit me from contributing. :P