Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Eir shutting bricks and mortar stores without warning

Eir shutting bricks and mortar stores without warning

Post by 95438756 »

Eir shut their Nutgrove Store. My elderly dad had a customer relationship with them. Now there's a pesky little sign to get people to toddle up to Dundrum eir store in the jungle that is Dundrum centre.

I bought my own billable p smart 2019 from Dundrum. ( It's handy enough although I got a warning 2 months ago that I used 80% of my monthly GB allowance not relevant to this thread)

The dumdrum store staff stick to the process when I explained about my dad.

No, I'm not calling ringing any dingy callcentre, me or my dad.
JONJO THE MISER

Re: Eir shutting bricks and mortar stores without warning

Post by JONJO THE MISER »

Eir are just diabolical to deal with, took me 8 months to get fibre broadband, despite taking the names of the worker I was dealing with each time, it was forwarded to sales team and they used never ring or ring once and give up.
Finally got a great guy who sorted it all out for me.
Abella

Post by Abella »

Some people go through life looking for problems, sign your dad up for Gomo or 48 and that will be the end of it, no more problems
Gomo are a rebranded Eir. €14.99 a month for life https://shop.gomo.ie/
48 are a rebranded Three.€10.99 a month for life https://48.ie/
dawg

Post by dawg »

Plover1958 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:57 pm Not trying to be smart but what do you use an Eir store for? They shut they one here many years ago and hardly anybody noticed.
Here the nearby Eir shop is used for top ups to PAYG SIMs that are incorporated in machines. Alternative would be to disassemble said machines and put SIMs in phone just for topup and then reinstall in machines.

AFAIK Eir still have not provided the facility of 'top up another number' to the end user.

Wish they would...