Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Mod Decisions and Discussion

PogMoThoin22

Re: Mod Decisions and Discussion

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

jmayo wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:00 pm Not good when one of the most prolific posters in parts of the site is banned.
The site is better off without them, been on my ignore list for a while but unfortunately you guys kept quoting the troll
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

PogMoThoin22 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:05 pm The site is better off without them, been on my ignore list for a while but unfortunately you guys kept quoting the troll
So she was a troll because you didn't agree with her?

So I guess I should call you a troll ?
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

jmayo wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:33 pm So she was a troll because you didn't agree with her?

I understand you don't agree with the ban, and that's fine, but please don't get into a row with other posters over it.
the dunne
Verified Username

Post by the dunne »

Very disappointing decision in my opinion Gub
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

jmayo wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:33 pm So she was a troll because you didn't agree with her?

Where did they say she's a troll because of not agreeing with her? Obviously it's much more than that.
That oft-used line is very dishonest. Nobody with any intelligence thinks anyone is a troll just because they disagree with them.
BTW, I don't agree with that member being banned.
Last edited by Fugue on Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

I do wonder if that decision would still have to be made if there was more active moderation, obviously that would also entail getting more help. It’s clear that gubunor puts a lot of work and time and probably money into the site but being active all the time is impossible. Sometimes those disputes can be nipped in the bud before they begin.

I propose that some of the reins go to Isha as she has proved consistently to be open and fair minded and is one of the most prolific posters.
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

knownunknown wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:38 pm I do wonder if that decision would still have to be made if there was more active moderation, obviously that would also entail getting more help. It’s clear that gubunor puts a lot of work and time and probably money into the site but being active all the time is impossible. Sometimes those disputes can be nipped in the bud before they begin.

I propose that some of the reins go to Isha as she has proved consistently to be open and fair minded and is one of the most prolific posters.
TBH I think the decision would still have to been made, it might appear there is little active moderation but I read all the posts of the banned user for some time leading up to decision. There is a modding radar even if it does not look like it!

That said, more help is always welcome, so if any of the open, fair minded and prolific posters wish to volunteer please PM me!
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Very kind of you Knownunknown, but I'm too whimsical, too busy these days, too mean, frankly, and I like my freedom to be wrong, flippant and judgemental too much. I've expunged my karma moderating a forum in a past life and I'm far too misanthropic to do it again.
🙂

I think the moderation is generally fine.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...