Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

recommend wireless headphones (not bluetooth)

Got a "How do I do..." or an "I need info on..." type of question. Post here and crowdsource the answer...
peasant
Verified Username

recommend wireless headphones (not bluetooth)

Post by peasant »

I'm looking for a new set of wireless headphones.

not bluetooth, mind ...but the type where you plug a base station into your computer or TV and that base station then wirelessly transmits signal to your headphones (and also serves as a docking station)

I'm currently on my second set of Sony MDR-RF865RK (picture below)

I'm very happy with them...the sound is good, the battery lasts ages and they have quite a good range. They also are reasonably comfortable.

One thing wrong with them though.
All the soft covering material (faux leather) keeps falling to bits and the foam underneath then gets a bit smelly over time because you can't wipe that down (hence the second set already)

So I'm looking for an alternative.
Comfort is a must (I'd be wearing them for hours) and perhaps a more sturdy/hygienic covering would be nice. Needn't be all that cheap if they're good...just not silly money.

Problem is ...this is old tech and other than similar Sony models my searches so far have only ever brought up bluetooth headphones ...which are no good to me.

Any ideas?

picktshaah:

Banshee Bones

Re: recommend wireless headphones (not bluetooth)

Post by Banshee Bones »

Sennheiser make some very good but pricey wireless headsets that use base stations

I hate bluetooth head phones and use a usb dongle set of headphones for my PC which work well
peasant
Verified Username

Re: recommend wireless headphones (not bluetooth)

Post by peasant »

Strangely enough ...while researching the Sennheiser headphones, I've come across a website for spare earpads that I had searched for in vain before.

As the old headphones are technically still working fine and I'm loathe to throw them out just for the sake of some new earpads, I have now ordered some leather replacements in the hope they will indeed fit and last a bit longer ...will keep ye posted

https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/pages/ne ... ity-charts

Just FYI
I'm already on my third set of replacement earpads also ...but they always were of the same shyte material as the originals, only of worse quality...hence the sheepskin I'm going for now