Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

New Limit to *****s you can put on IGNORE on boards.

Got a "How do I do..." or an "I need info on..." type of question. Post here and crowdsource the answer...

New Limit to *****s you can put on IGNORE on boards.

Post by 95438756 »

Found it out the other day, you can put up to 100 on ignore. After that, you eat the spam they churn out.

Workaround: Found about 15 in my own Ignore list on boards that had closed their boards account: The ones with the icons with grey crossed out discs for their icon.

More noise now on board too.
Seanybiker

Re: New Limit to *****s you can put on IGNORE on boards.

Post by Seanybiker »

There's some clowns that need to be ignored on that place alright. I should have ignored a certain mod instead of telling him/her/it/they/them etc to go feck themselves. Poor little me got my marching orders hahaha.
Frank

Post by Frank »

I haven't looked at it in months and that's probably the best course of action of all.
Seanybiker

Post by Seanybiker »

Frank wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:21 pm I haven't looked at it in months and that's probably the best course of action of all.
You're not missing much. I left there years ago and decided last month to see what the craic was with it. It's almost dead, seems to be running at 10% or less than it used to it's shite on mobile aswell .
PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

It hasn't changed the usual WUMs and Trolls are still getting away with things there
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

And trans thread turns into a shit show - you can see it coming; the fruit loops who believe when Mike puts on a thong he immediately goes through some kind of transubstantiation and DNA testing would show him as a woman.

These idiots are mod protected. Yet the rational people that worry about male strength ruining women’s sports; young vulnerable lesbians being forced into sec with “it’s a female penis!” - and worst of all, the removal of same sex attraction by some kind of “conversion therapy” where there’s now straight couples having straight sex and defining themselves as gay because one likes wearing a dress.

Believe all that crap and the mods let you away with murder. Question one thing and you’re banned.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
BrianD3

Post by BrianD3 »

I don't really get this - if I felt the need to put a large number of posters on an ignore list, I'd just stop posting and reading. There should be a high threshold for putting someone on ignore. I've had less than 5 in 20 years. <SNIP> and maybe one or two others who I can't remember. Probably cyclist whackjobs.

Then again, I have no interest in topics like transexuality so if there are zealots and lunatics posting in those threads, I won't see those posts.
Last edited by Guburnor on Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not refer to specific posters by name
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

<SNIP> is a special kind of moron. I once told of a time on Dame St when I saw a woman hit by a cyclist running a red and he said it was scientifically impossible for a pedal cycle to cause injury.

I swear on his tombstone it will say “b-b-but motorists!!”
Last edited by Guburnor on Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not refer to specific posters by name
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Oh yeah I forgot - the other morons who accuse you of being a liar.
Last edited by Guburnor on Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please remember not to be a dick.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

There was only ever one person I put on occasional ignore, oh mother of God he was absolutely tireless in his unadulterated stupidity.

But none of ye are on ignore, even the ones of ye who are wrong about everything :mrgreen:

I have written several times asking for my account to be closed but it has not been done - if anyone relevant is reading, you know what I want you to do...

Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:51 pm There was only ever one person I put on occasional ignore, oh mother of God he was absolutely tireless in his unadulterated stupidity.

But none of ye are on ignore, even the ones of ye who are wrong about everything :mrgreen:

I have written several times asking for my account to be closed but it has not been done - if anyone relevant is reading, you know what I want you to do...

I think you’ll find that wankstain Beasty is in control of everything - the sad limpdicked loser.

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Celchick wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:17 pm PM Niamh - she closed mine. Very helpful person (although in fairness she's staff).

I'm sorry to see Boards fall by the wayside though - and it has. There might always have been posts after the first few years about how it was better before, but that's just personal perspective. It's objectively gone down the drain now because of the revamp with all its limitations (and I feel bad for Boards' staff - what a nightmare) and mods who give off a vibe that they don't care. And hold very blatant biases. There was always some of that before, but it's amplified now with the much smaller userbase. I joined in 2005 - found it shockingly cliquey at first. Some really horrible "old guard" members, but then they abandoned it because they couldn't be dealing with these new plebs, and it was at its peak around 2007 to 2012. Some absolutely super people - smart and hilarious. I made a few pals in real life through it also. All that is dead and gone. Things change of course, but it was a great website one time, which is an awful shame.

One non liberal position that's allowed fester there is misogyny - not just the unintended kind wherein "transwomen are literally women" but the standard "women are (list terrible things)" vitriol. I doubt there aren't people here who hold those views but at least it doesn't turn into a shit-storm. So many great female posters gone from Boards or barely posting. This place seems fairer.
Oh be careful there, I posted exactly the same thing earlier that there are posters who write that “trans women are literally women” - and certain eejits will call you a liar.

PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

I've noticed on the other places the mods set out to ban the main contributors to threads instead of tackling the wums and trolls. It's blatant, has happened in several threads like the northern protocol thread where they banned the main contributor unionist poster. I didn't agree with what he said but he was entitled to speak his mind.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Reading the Boards thread earlier about DAA trying to implement charging to drop people off - the resident cycling zealot (no need to name it, you all know...) was trolling anyone who drove a car and got nothing said but others were warned off.

Though one poster said "your bike seat is so far up your arse that it's scratching the underside of your brain". Worth the sanction that one!!!

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

There's some serious Republican trolls in the other place who are at the same game.
'no more blah blah blah'
PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:22 pm There's some serious Republican trolls in the other place who are at the same game.
The pro everything government ones are just as bad, [edited]
Last edited by PogMoThoin on Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 490808 »

A bit of backseat modding :oops:

Think there was an early "suggestion" (might have been in another thread) not to name specific users from the other place :?:

Its hardly necessary anyway as we all know who they are.

Post by 490808 »

I don't think its a big deal but in my experience once old wounds are opened it can take quite a bit of blood letting to close them again.

If I'd bothered I'd have quite a large list of users to IGNORE, but once you have to resort to that you might as well give up posting.

All I'll say is that the other site has some of the most accomplished trolls of any site in the world. I can understand that in political arguments but why some users feel they need to troll practical forums is really annoying.

An example would be you try and help someone with a practical answer to a problem and you just know the next reply is that you can't do that because .....
PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

The Continental Op wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:47 pm A bit of backseat modding :oops:

Think there was an early "suggestion" (might have been in another thread) not to name specific users from the other place :?:

Its hardly necessary anyway as we all know who they are.
Yeah I edited my post
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

The Continental Op wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:47 pm
Correct.

Although I firmly disagree with that and think they should be named.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Celchick wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:59 pm The supporters of gender woo in the trans threads were just the most rotten, vindictive, hate-filled people you could imagine.

So many women, and some men, writing detailed, nuanced, well supported arguments for why they don't agree with redefining the meaning of "woman" - to be met with retorts amounting to "yeah well... you smell!" and allegations of transphobia, hatred, bigotry and being far right. Disgusting slurs - simply for not agreeing with disregarding biology (insults are the only recourse for those who know they're wrong - or at least have nothing with which to argue). But guess who were the ones that got censored/reprimanded/banned... :roll:
I served my ban time, missus! :mrgreen:

What I will say is, it has been a HUGE relief for me personally not to be called every manner of disgusting thing and have my whole nature and personality vilely impugned online, by avoiding those debates in that place and some others for a long while now.
I do so admire the women in particular who persist in this debate globally in various forums, and on many platforms - JK Rowling at the moment is playing an absolute blinder. Because it is just awful for many on an emotional and mental level to withstand the constant sneering and abuse for making valid arguments. I am tough enough but it was draining. It is bullying. It affects ones self esteem.
It is such a hugely important issue that the reality of sex and the need for sex based protections and single sex spaces are not erased, not to mention it is vital that there be protection of children from horrendous lifelong interventions.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Celchick wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:28 pm Yes, I left Twitter and opened a dummy account just to have it if a tweet comes up elsewhere and I wish to click on it. It's horrendous in there. It really would get you down. And that included the actual terfs - not as in the slur for anyone who merely disagrees with aspects of TRA ideology, but those radical feminists who really do hate transwomen and really do hate men... and let the side down.
Yes, there is some viciousness among people on all sides, if you do not toe the line according to what some of the Rad Fems want, they can be dreadful - I am a team of one, I ain't toeing anyone else's line.

Post by 765489 »

It would be nice if the Internet fell over for a couple of months or so. Some DNS poisoning on a massive scale that keeps on happening or some self replicating ddos thing. Just so we could all have a break from all the rubbish on it for a while.
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:03 pm It would be nice if the Internet fell over for a couple of months or so. Some DNS poisoning on a massive scale that keeps on happening or some self replicating ddos thing. Just so we could all have a break from all the rubbish on it for a while.
Don't worry, you won't have to wait long, I suspect when Vlad is done limiting our access to heat, light, electricity and food he'll turn his attention to our internet.

Post by 765489 »

schmittel wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:14 pm Don't worry, you won't have to wait long, I suspect when Vlad is done limiting our access to heat, light, electricity and food he'll turn his attention to our internet.
Was thinking of something similar today with all the data centres located here. If the gas taps were turned off we'd be fooked.