Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Pressure Washer leak at handle (gun part)

Got a "How do I do..." or an "I need info on..." type of question. Post here and crowdsource the answer...
isha
Verified Username

Pressure Washer leak at handle (gun part)

Post by isha »

Just checking here in case by any chance there is someone who can help.
I have looked at this video...

I really don't fancy taking the whole handle apart :(

The water is coming out at the top of the trigger part of gun, loads of it. The bloody thing was perfect last time I used it a few months ago. It is well stored in a garage and I look after it. Plus it's not that old - maybe 2 years.
Petrol wilks-usa tx 625i.

Is it likely to be an o ring inside the gun handle and I should just go there first, or is there something else it could be? Something simpler? A connection elsewhere?

How infuriating - this is the first day in ages I have time to use it and now the fecken thing won't work. Pressure at nozzle is pathetic.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
isha
Verified Username

Re: Pressure Washer leak at handle (gun part)

Post by isha »

Never mind. Stand down.
I've tried me best. It's in the back of the car now and I'm bringing it to a repair place 😔
Feck!!! More money.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Ah here, isha - you only gave us 25 minutes to sort it out. :shock:

Some of us take that long just to get from one side of the room to the other! :lol:

In the absence of practical assistance, you have my sympathies. Many's the time I've been all fired up for a day's good work, only to find that The Thing Most Needed to get the job under way has decided to sulk; and half the day's then wasted either trying to get The Thing back into action, or trying to do the rest of the programme without it. :evil:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Sorry. I wouldn't be famous for my patience. I gave a bash at some simpler checks but nothing showed up.

It's with the chaps at the repair place now. Hopefully not too expensive.👍
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I was about to say I have fixed leaks in the pressure washer handle with a 5c rubber O-ring. My pressure washer has a habit of eating them for breakfast so I keep a supply of O-rings at home
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:10 pm I was about to say I have fixed leaks in the pressure washer handle with a 5c rubber O-ring. My pressure washer has a habit of eating them for breakfast so I keep a supply of O-rings at home
I think it will prove to be this. I checked most connections and seals but I was nervous to dismantle the body of the gun. If it is this, I will be asking for instructions from the repair guys about fixing that myself in future. Thanks 👍
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:10 pm I was about to say I have fixed leaks in the pressure washer handle with a 5c rubber O-ring. My pressure washer has a habit of eating them for breakfast so I keep a supply of O-rings at home
Back in the day, when he was still being a responsible adult and having a Proper Job in Ireland, SonNo.1 was involved in the UCD diving club. As the scuba gear is serviced regularly and no benefit of the doubt given to things like properly functioning seals, so all their O-rings replaced well before their expiry date. Being his father's son, the child naturally made a point of collecting all the "used" O-rings in case they should ever come in useful. It is one of the small compensations for having him disrupt my happy solitude that I now have an inexhaustible supply of O-rings, and they are indeed very useful! :mrgreen:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

120 fecken euro because the whole gun is banjaxxed apparently. A copper thing inside is busted. 😭😭😭

Shakes weary fist uselessly at dreary sky. (🙂 just thinking about doing that made me laugh)