Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Photographers and Models Thread Pics/Discussion

bullets
Verified Username

Photographers and Models Thread Pics/Discussion

Post by bullets »

Any Ireland Based Photographers out there that do shoots with Models?
let us know where your based and maybe share examples of the type of work you do via this pics thread :-)

Interested to know, especially from hobby/amateur togs if you've your own Studio space, what kind of dimensions you have,
and how much things cost you to set up. Or if you rent a space what kind of costs a year are involved.

Likewise or are there any Ireland based models that are living in Ireland or that Travel regularly to Ireland for work post some samples of your work here, very little visibility when looking on Instagram, facebook is dead these days and not a whole lot of Irish models listed on purpleport.

NB: According the Mods when I asked before..... if your to post something that is NSFW it would be best to use the "spoiler" tags when creating your post so the image is hidden unless you specifically click on it.

I'm a hobby photographer from Limerick that mainly shoots Macro photography, I don't have a studio space of my own at the moment
so any of my work has been done with the help of a friend who sometimes invites me to collaborate on shoots he does where the model does not mind two photographers coming along to the shoot.

one of my dreams/goals is to one day be able to build my own small studio space where I can do some home shoots and work with models. At the moment as I've a mortgage, family and no space at home its not possible to do and the local studio for Hire shut down a while back.
If I was able to get a 6x4m or a 5x5m space with 3-4m height I'd be happy! (interior ceiling height a priority over length or width)

Here are a few of my shots where I got to tag along to another photographers shoot and got the opportunity to work with some models.
Most of these are done in a kitchen converted to studio with simple one light setups or natural light
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Re: Photographers and Models Thread Pics/Discussion

Post by CelticRambler »

bullets wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:17 pmInterested to know, especially from hobby/amateur togs if you've your own Studio space, what kind of dimensions you have, and how much things cost you to set up. Or if you rent a space what kind of costs a year are involved.
one of my dreams/goals is to one day be able to build my own small studio space where I can do some home shoots and work with models. At the moment as I've a mortgage, family and no space at home its not possible to do and the local studio for Hire shut down a while back.
If I was able to get a 6x4m or a 5x5m space with 3-4m height I'd be happy! (interior ceiling height a priority over length or width)
Not Ireland based, and (up to now, at least) I haven't ever worked with models, but I do have a sort of a studio space ... well, kind of. It's a glorified landing and was designed (no joke) as a theatre space for the children, so the doors off are all positioned in such a way as to allow for three rooms to be used as the "wings/backstage" area. The space also has a false ceiling that can be pivoted up in two big slabs to allow for lights to shine onto the "stage" area. The false ceiling is at a height of 2.4m, with another usable 3m above that (the joys of having a old farmhouse).

At 4x5m it's plenty big enough for most studio-type work ... but having dubbed it "The Room of Requirement" it got used (intensively!) for all kinds of everything other than what it was originally designed for! I've now drawn a line under it in that regard, and have just started (last Saturday) clearing a barn to be used as a newer, bigger, better performance space instead. It's taken 17 years to get to that point; could be a while yet before it's ready for anything other than grunge shots!
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Nice shots and attractive models. Good work.
Canada based rn.
I've shot with a few models over the last 5 or 6 years. I don't have a studio space but have rented once or twice. Would love to have some space in my basement but alas it's chock full of my other passion - records.

You can check out some of my shots here:
https://www.instagram.com/dj_stop._photography/

Hoping to do another shoot some as it's autumn and some nice colours to capture.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

These are the only ones I can find that are within the measly 300kb limit.
Attachments
20220601_225137[1].jpg
20220601_225137[1].jpg (297.63 KiB) Viewed 1641 times
20210114_143619[1].jpg
20210114_143619[1].jpg (215.18 KiB) Viewed 1641 times
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Took these last week. Got a new portable studio kit and added my own smart lights to get these.