Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Buying Airfix etc online bricks and mortar anywhere after brexit

Buying Airfix etc online bricks and mortar anywhere after brexit

Post by 95438756 »

I was in the Dublin shop of the now main Irish Dealer the other day. Another customer already there blatthering shite away to the man at the counter.
Place looked depressing too.
I;m more interested in suggestions of online dealers, so forget mentioning toymaster smyths or art and hobby. Obviously, don't mention the main dealer site either.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Re: Buying Airfix etc online bricks and mortar anywhere after brexit

Post by CelticRambler »

Probably not the most helpful of suggestions, but if you find yourself in urban France or Germany in the near future, there's still quite a sizeable real-world model-building culture here, with shops dedicated to the craft and that alone. I do sometimes stop outside their windows and drool over the displays inside, remembering back to the days when I had fewer "macro" projects on my To Do list and could devote time to gluing Airfix pieces together. I think I still have one model in a press somewhere waiting to be taken out of its box ... :cry:

Post by 95438756 »

You look and weep as the green eyed monster :mrgreen:
Banshee Bones

Post by Banshee Bones »

Ebay used to be good, all the other sites I knew were British

Assuming the depressing place you're on about is Marks Models, just go in and buy stuff, it's not a fecking social club.

Post by 95438756 »

Banshee Bones wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:04 am Ebay used to be good, all the other sites I knew were British

Assuming the depressing place you're on about is Marks Models, just go in and buy stuff, it's not a fecking social club.
no. not interested in overhearing to bullshit monologue of single patron there. also no ukrainian soldiers / armour / planes to buy. i did ask.
Banshee Bones

Post by Banshee Bones »

gugleguy wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:42 am no. not interested in overhearing to bullshit monologue of single patron there. also no ukrainian soldiers / armour / planes to buy. i did ask.
Ukranian armour and planes are basically Russian, you buy the model and pick up the Ukranian decals elsewhere, like ebay