Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

BOOKS - Help thread/queries etc.

Please use this for any other hobbies, we'll create dedicated forums on popular subjects
Del.Monte
Verified Username

BOOKS - Help thread/queries etc.

Post by Del.Monte »

Anybody have any dealings with https://bookworldireland.com/ ? They advertise on Facebook, appear to have lots of followers but their website tells one nothing about their operation. Are they even based in Ireland? Prices seem good but I like to know who I'm dealing with before parting with money.
'no more blah blah blah'
schmittel
Verified Username

Re: BOOKS - Help thread/queries etc.

Post by schmittel »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:30 pm Anybody have any dealings with https://bookworldireland.com/ ? They advertise on Facebook, appear to have lots of followers but their website tells one nothing about their operation. Are they even based in Ireland? Prices seem good but I like to know who I'm dealing with before parting with money.
Have flirted with idea of running a second hand book business for years. From desktop research as well as heap of physical book browsing, at first glance those prices look a bit high for used books I would have thought.

I know nothing of this company though.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Books....what are they. I thought the notion of reading a book was as extinct as the dinosaurs. Sadly its a lost art of enjoyment, like
all our communication skills.
But I love them and despite my best attempts at curbing the urge to buy more, I just cant.

I cant say I know the company either, but I must have a peek.
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

They offer "Mystery Boxes"

I remember some record sellers offering the same a while back.

50 LPs for €50 - absolute sh*te. Bad country music, religious records, unexciting easy listening selections, crap novelty albums etc. Best avoided.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The company replied to me this morning - they are Cork based but online only. I'll be testing the water later and will report back.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

My first order - 2 brand new copies of an out of print book which is virtually impossible to find and at a bargain price - now will they arrive?

'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 765489 »

Let us know how that goes Del.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The books arrived by GLS courier today in good order but packaging was minimal i.e. no bubblewrap. Apart from that I have no complaints and will be doing a further trawl through their stock later.

'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Ah the thrush, the greatest little songbird of them all.