Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Lego. Where do you buy yours or do you watch Lego vids on YouTube

Please use this for any other hobbies, we'll create dedicated forums on popular subjects

Lego. Where do you buy yours or do you watch Lego vids on YouTube

Post by 95438756 »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an influencer and and no time for those types who seem to take up > 50 % of the Q outside the new grafton street store.
I mean, Tesco Nutgrove has three shelves of mostly Technical Lego. Quite a good selection. I'm guessing there might be a slight price descrease at Tesco nutgrove.
Eason is also flogging Lego in O'Connell Street. I wonder how the prices compare
So any more replies to the thread, Even adult lego fans? I have'nt a LEGO brick in the house btw.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Lego. Where do you buy yours or do you watch Lego vids on YouTube

Post by Del.Monte »

I've storage boxes all over the house full of lego belonging to my eldest son and awaiting the arrival of grandchildren. I was never much into it myself - I only had the inferior stuff - Betta Bilda.

'no more blah blah blah'
Fratello
Verified Username

Post by Fratello »

I had mostly technic LEGO as a child.
When I got older I rediscovered it and with the help of bricklink.com fixed up the sets that were missing pieces.
I then bought sets I missed or couldn't afford from the 80's & 90's.

After that I discovered some of the "My Own Creations" (MOCs) from tallented builders.
I really like this lad's classic Formula 1 cars. I've built 5 and more on the way.
https://www.roscopc.it/

You buy the instructions pdf and you go off and collect the 2000 odd parts you need. Some are obscure and expensive, bricklink.com again. The end results look cool.

One child likes LEGO Jurassic. Generally buy in shops but he got some sets he missed from Bricklink.
Other child gets sets and throws away instructions and does his own thing.

Many of the he LEGO stop motion videos on you tube are brilliant. The eldest child has interest in doing his own.
I had mostly technic LEGO as a child.
When I got older I rediscovered it and with the help of bricklink.com fixed up the sets that were missing pieces.
I then bought sets I missed or couldn't afford from the 80's & 90's.

After that I discovered some of the "My Own "Creations" (MOCs) from tallented builders.
I really like this lad's classic Formula 1 cars. I've built 5 and more on the way.
https://www.roscopc.it/

You buy the instructions pdf and you go off and collect the 2000 odd parts you need. Some are obscure and expensive, bricklink.com again. The end results look cool.

One child likes LEGO Jurassic. Generally buy in shops but he got some sets he missed from Bricklink.
Other child gets sets and throws away instructions and does his own thing.

Many of the he LEGO stop motion videos on you tube are brilliant. The eldest child has interest in doing his own.
Here's a short one.

Post by 765489 »

I'll admit the lego technic stuff interests me. But its too expensive. I do have a Class Xerion 5000 tractor and Mercedes Acros truck. Sitting in a corner gathering dust.