Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Airfix / Tamiya etc Models

Please use this for any other hobbies, we'll create dedicated forums on popular subjects

Airfix / Tamiya etc Models

Post by 95438756 »

I still have to re boot my own building program from when the plague started.

Projects include spirit of st Louis testors plane and a dragon b52b nasa version.
kadman
Verified Username

Re: Airfix / Tamiya etc Models

Post by kadman »

Never knew Airfix was still available. I thought all the old boyhood things I grew up with are long gone.
I saw some similar model types sold in Lidl and Aldi.

How do they fare against the good old airfix?

Post by 490808 »

My son makes Japanese Bandai models. You can't really compare them to Airfix as they cover different genres but the quality of Bandai models is superb.

What I find amazing is that the Bandai models like the one below clip together without any glue :o

Older Airfix stuff is rubbish Revell is the same the problem is that they are still using the same moulds from years back so quality gets worse and worse. Newer models are supposed to be a lot better.
Banshee Bones

Post by Banshee Bones »

I got into doing airfix and tamiya models when I was laid up with a knee injury back about 10 years ago

I still have a bunch of kits with pricey add on packages that Im never going to build somewhere in storage. Seems a waste