Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

No doubt we are the same over here

All things COVID
Abella

No doubt we are the same over here

Post by Abella »

“In relation to the COVID restrictions, I talked to a senior adviser to one of the provincial governments a couple of weeks ago,”
“He told me flat out that the COVID policy here is driven by nothing but opinion polls related to the popularity of the government,”
“No science, no endgame in sight, no real plan, and so what that means is that the part of the population that is most afraid of COVID,” are driving the policy.

marhay70

Re: No doubt we are the same over here

Post by marhay70 »

I'm just making an assumption here, and that is that you are one of those who is not afraid of Covid, one of those who doesn't believe it exists.
Can we also assume then that, should you develop a disease that mimics Covid symptomatically and become seriously ill, you won't be troubling the Health service and requiring an IC bed etc? Just asking.
fran52

Post by fran52 »

marhay70 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:13 pm I'm just making an assumption here, and that is that you are one of those who is not afraid of Covid, one of those who doesn't believe it exists.
Can we also assume then that, should you develop a disease that mimics Covid symptomatically and become seriously ill, you won't be troubling the Health service and requiring an IC bed etc? Just asking.
Oh look over there!! 😜

Post by 95438756 »

Not behind my sofa so.
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Jordan Peterson is a man of high integrity and deep wisdom. I've been listening to him for years and he rarely if ever says something without giving it great thaught. The above clip gives us great insight into the workings of governments worldwide as I believe they all work from the same guidelines. 'Rabbits in headlights' kind of thing but that implies they haven't a clue what they're doing in relation to Covid. I believe they do know exactly what they're doing and by what playbook.
Abella

Post by Abella »

marhay70 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:13 pm Can we also assume then that, should you develop a disease that mimics Covid symptomatically and become seriously ill, you won't be troubling the Health service and requiring an IC bed etc? Just asking.
I would have no problem with this if they reduced the tax i pay every week that goes to the HSE to keep obese type 2 diabetics in insulin and junkies supplied with methadone, but seeing as i pay for them if i get sick i will be taking advantage of all assistance that i can get, after all i'v paid a fortune for it all my life, but lets be realistic if i have not dropped dead from covid19 by now i never will, im exposed all day every day in work to strangers coughing and sneezing and im still healthy as a horse, if covid19 wants me it knows where to find me!
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Abella wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:37 pm I would have no problem with this if they reduced the tax i pay every week that goes to the HSE to keep obese type 2 diabetics in insulin and junkies supplied with methadone, but seeing as i pay for them if i get sick i will be taking advantage of all assistance that i can get, after all i'v paid a fortune for it all my life, but lets be realistic if i have not dropped dead from covid19 by now i never will, im exposed all day every day in work to strangers coughing and sneezing and im still healthy as a horse, if covid19 wants me it knows where to find me!
Sorry to hear about you having to pay tax, unlike those type 2 Diabetics like me who have only paid it for sixty odd years. Just for information, I didn't develop Diabetes from obesity but rather from another illness that affected my immune system. You're aware, of course, that women can develop a form of Diabetes from the perfectly normal practice of becoming pregnant, but let's just lump everybody into the same bracket if it suits the narrative.
Sufficient however, for the subject in hand, that you have admitted that you won't turn your face against the medics, some of whom you have compared to charlatans, if they tell you you have Covid. You won't refuse the treatment they suggest, even if it's for an illness you say doesn't exist, just because you paid taxes. Gives a good insight into where you're coming from.
Abella

Post by Abella »

marhay70 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:39 pm Sorry to hear about you having to pay tax, unlike those type 2 Diabetics like me who have only paid it for sixty odd years. Just for information, I didn't develop Diabetes from obesity but rather from another illness that affected my immune system. You're aware, of course, that women can develop a form of Diabetes from the perfectly normal practice of becoming pregnant, but let's just lump everybody into the same bracket if it suits the narrative.
Sufficient however, for the subject in hand, that you have admitted that you won't turn your face against the medics, some of whom you have compared to charlatans, if they tell you you have Covid. You won't refuse the treatment they suggest, even if it's for an illness you say doesn't exist, just because you paid taxes. Gives a good insight into where you're coming from.
MOD NOTE: Post Deleted. @Abella Please remember not to be a dick.
Last edited by Guburnor on Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please remember not to be a dick.
Banshee Bones

Post by Banshee Bones »

marhay70 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:39 pm Sorry to hear about you having to pay tax, unlike those type 2 Diabetics like me who have only paid it for sixty odd years. Just for information, I didn't develop Diabetes from obesity but rather from another illness that affected my immune system. You're aware, of course, that women can develop a form of Diabetes from the perfectly normal practice of becoming pregnant, but let's just lump everybody into the same bracket if it suits the narrative.
As you are aware, the poster did specifically say obese type 2 diabetics, which excludes you and others, so there was no lumping anyone into the same bracket.

A lot of the people who had to go to work and face the public all through the worst of Covid, back when no-one knew what the hell was going on, take a jaundiced view of those who didnt lecturing them.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Banshee Bones wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:53 pm As you are aware, the poster did specifically say obese type 2 diabetics, which excludes you and others, so there was no lumping anyone into the same bracket.

A lot of the people who had to go to work and face the public all through the worst of Covid, back when no-one knew what the hell was going on, take a jaundiced view of those who didnt lecturing them.
Rather a pathetic attempt at excusing that poster. Indeed, your posts and theirs are so similar in content and tone, it would be easy to presume common purpose.
Who are these people of whom you speak? My son is a health care professional and has worked at the coal face for the entire time but I know he doesn't share your sentiments.
Banshee Bones

Post by Banshee Bones »

marhay70 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:43 am Rather a pathetic attempt at excusing that poster. Indeed, your posts and theirs are so similar in content and tone, it would be easy to presume common purpose.
Who are these people of whom you speak? My son is a health care professional and has worked at the coal face for the entire time but I know he doesn't share your sentiments.
Not excusing the poster, theres nothing to excuse, just pointing out your overreach in an attempt to justify a vitriolic display of moral outrage

Just ordinary people, in very ordinary jobs, who found themselve classed as essential services back when covid was far more virulent than it is now. The sort of people who now find it hard to work up the level of fear or abeyance required to shut down normal life once more because the HSE is a shambles and vaccinnes didnt turn out to be the cavalry that they were believed to be.

Presumably we'll be locking away the elderly and obsese along with unvaccinated to protect the HSE so that it have its usual disasterous winter performance.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Moral outrage and vitriol? :D Have you read your own posts?
Very convenient to have all these obscure ordinary people in ordinary jobs as your backup. If only we could all do that.
Banshee Bones

Post by Banshee Bones »

marhay70 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:39 pm Moral outrage and vitriol? :D Have you read your own posts?
Very convenient to have all these obscure ordinary people in ordinary jobs as your backup. If only we could all do that.

We can, we can all conveniently pull health care professional offspring, pet budgies that are cardiologists and so forth out of our jacksies to our hearts content.

See the flaw in your reasoning ?
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

MOD NOTE: Locked. This is clearly going nowhere!