Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Aboriginal Transfers to Quarantine

All things COVID
isha
Verified Username

Re: Aboriginal Transfers to Quarantine

Post by isha »

Sigh.
Apparently all the Taxi companies, of which there are at least 10, in Katherine which is about 15 miles away, will serve the areas of Rockhole and Binjari. Rockhole has 130 inhabitants and Binjari has 200. It's a 20 minute taxi ride.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Jimmy Bottlehead
Verified Username

Post by Jimmy Bottlehead »

Interesting dispute from some of the elders...

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... nformation

'Tinfoil hat wearing tossers’: NT chief minister and Aboriginal elders hit back at Covid ‘false information’
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

isha wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:43 pm Sigh.
Apparently all the Taxi companies, of which there are at least 10, in Katherine which is about 15 miles away, will serve the areas of Rockhole and Binjari. Rockhole has 130 inhabitants and Binjari has 200. It's a 20 minute taxi ride.
I was going to say there's no way there's 200 living in that little village but....
“The reason that people are being moved from Binjari is that overcrowding is a huge issue in Binjari and Rockhole. Isolating at home is not feasible when 20-30 people live in one home.”
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

This Michael Gunner? He would know what a tosser is alright - he just has to look in the mirror.

Anyway time will tell on this tale, I am not interested in arguing about it

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I don't think he blinked once. :?
Abella

Post by Abella »

We see those here who support this and now we know who are the extremists that post here, a illuminating thread to say the least.
Names have been noted, we now know where their opinions on any subject are coming from, the far right!

Post by 967543 »

Australia being Australia.
Dictator fascist state.
Samson

Post by Samson »

How anyone still take this covid serious I’ll ever know, but it would seem the last 2 years where not wasted by me , I’ll inadvertently learned the language of the aboriginal people of Australia. It came easily as it seemsto be related to the Ulster Scots language that I also learned a few years ago without knowing I had.

Post by 765489 »

Mountain wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:21 pm By way of a follow up....
World has gone nuts.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Who in their right mind would be ready to believe the ADF were 'removing' people from their homes and putting them in camps? :roll:
JONJO THE MISER

Post by JONJO THE MISER »

Samson wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:47 pm How anyone still take this covid serious I’ll ever know, but it would seem the last 2 years where not wasted by me , I’ll inadvertently learned the language of the aboriginal people of Australia. It came easily as it seemsto be related to the Ulster Scots language that I also learned a few years ago without knowing I had.
Its very simple, its a power trip by most governments and there civil servants in the guise of a health emergency.
The Aussie government made a fool of Novak, he should of known better but the whole agenda with the whole saga was to show Australia as acting tough, same as they done with the refugee boats.
Samson

Post by Samson »

Mark McGowan the premier of Western Australia sure has a good poker face, how he did not burst out laughing at he stupidly of it all is the funniest part of it.