Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Ivermectin

All things COVID
Banshee Bones

Re: Ivermectin

Post by Banshee Bones »

Nooooo it can't beeeeee, it's a horse druuuugggg

Banshee Bones

Post by Banshee Bones »

One of the more interesting things that will come out about the Covid fiasco, is what options were deliberately discounted just because they were touted by wrong thinkers
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

The Continental Op wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:58 pm From the study https://www.cureus.com/articles/82162-i ... e-matching
I found it astounding that of a town with 223,128 inhabitants they managed to get 113,845 (71.3%) to take Ivermectin (before any of them got covid).

Then I saw that the study was compiled by Dr's from the FLCCC and it all made sense.
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

Scotty wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:14 pm I found it astounding that of a town with 223,128 inhabitants they managed to get 113,845 (71.3%) to take Ivermectin (before any of them got covid).

Then I saw that the study was compiled by Dr's from the FLCCC and it all made sense.
Are the doctors from the FLCCC less qualified than those who disagree with them? I am wondering how do you know whose opinion to agree with?

Post by 490808 »

Not to be confused with America's Frontline Doctors.

The Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC) is a group of physicians and former journalists formed in April 2020 that has advocated for various treatments for COVID-19, most of them ineffective (e.g. the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin) and some other drugs and vitamins of dubious efficacy. The group is led by Paul E. Marik and Pierre Kory.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_Lin ... e_Alliance
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

"You don't need to understand all this or even think about it. Just trust the experts."
"Who do you trust if experts disagree with each other?"
"Wikipedia."

:D
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

schmittel wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:43 pm Are the doctors from the FLCCC less qualified than those who disagree with them? I am wondering how do you know whose opinion to agree with?
As with any doctor it's about trust. The FLCCC have been removed from reputable platforms before when their 'study's were discovered to be 'unsubstantiated'. A quick look at their home page shows they clearly have a very biased opinion. They advocate treating patients for covid with a drug that they've been specifically instructed is not to be used to treat covid. This is malpractice and negligent in my opinion and makes them a danger to the public. There are far more reliable sources of information than the FLCCC.
BadaBing

Post by BadaBing »

The pro vax people constantly bang on about how legit sources and approved experts yet they don’t seem to have a problem with Neil Ferguson , an “expert” who predicted much doom and gloom and has been wrong every single time, and yet somehow he is rolled out every month with a new prediction of upcoming catastrophic death rates and every time without fail he is wrong.
Just turn of the TV when the news comes on, you will be much happier.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

This morning Reuters published this

https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 022-01-31/

Note, some are running with this as published trial results, but the trial does not end til March. This could be considered preliminary results.
Note also the dosages being trialed are quite low compared to present recommendations from doctors using Ivermectin.
But it is positive, nonetheless. And now moving into mainstream news.

Yesterday I saw this snippet from an interview with Prof Tasuku Honjo, who won the Nobel Prize for Medicine in 2018.
He mentions the above Kowa trial. Says how overseas data has proved Ivermectin to be effective.
And he very reasonably says a good few other things that have had people screaming "tin foil hatter antivaxxer have them banned and pilloried as fools" etc etc 🙂 Bit early to be throwing venerable recent Nobel prize winners for medicine into bins though.

Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

I found it interesting to read Fauci being quoted from the time of a previous pandemic, where he essentially says that the results of doctors' experiences using existing drugs should be accepted to guide usage off label.

Of course in this pandemic he takes the opposite view ...... HCQ sand IVM in particular come to mind.

So it is good to hear someone with this guys credentials speak out about the reasons for lack of big trials we we all "knew" but was never accepted by the "anti-horse-wormer" brigade.

Hopefully this trial will have good results ..... but is it yet another one 'designed to fail' by not using the drug in the manner in which so many have said is most effective?
I hope my mistrust is misplaced.

BTW, I am presently reading RFK's book about Fauci and related things.
It does not give the reader the 'lift' one likes to get. In fact I find the information provided in the book to be rather depressing.
Nonetheless it is captivating and difficult to leave down.
What a history lesson!
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Maybe someone can help me out here. This appears to be the study referred to in the previous posts

https://rctportal.niph.go.jp/en/detail? ... 2031200120

If I read that correctly it had only 240 participants.
The placebo group got "placebo without ivermectin" .... but it does not say what was in the placebo :shock:
Was it an alternative substance or just a sugar pill?
Dosage seems to be 200microgram per kg, but also mention one 3 mg tablet on day1.
Day1 only? No more administered?

Length of study I was unable to determine, although it seemed to have an end point at Day 15.
It also says 'when the PCR tests shows negative'
I would expect probably about 4 weeks but say 8 weeks.
It began enrolment on 8th Oct 2020.

What would cause the trial to be not yet complete and all the data available a year later (by my estimates).
Did they keep it going for a very long time?

Puzzled.
ivermectin group :
Ivermectin approximately 200microgram per kg administered as a single oral dose on day 1 (fasting state)
Min body weight of 40Kgs

placebo group:
placebo without ivermectin as an ingredient, single oral administration on day 1 (fasting state)

on day 1 subjects take
the study drug (3 mg tablet of ivermectin)
or
the control drug (ivermectin placebo tablet) at the dose of the study drug taken once per body weight of the subject.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

PureIsle wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:30 pm Maybe someone can help me out here. This appears to be the study referred to in the previous posts

https://rctportal.niph.go.jp/en/detail? ... 2031200120

If I read that correctly it had only 240 participants.
The placebo group got "placebo without ivermectin" .... but it does not say what was in the placebo :shock:
Was it an alternative substance or just a sugar pill?
Dosage seems to be 200microgram per kg, but also mention one 3 mg tablet on day1.
Day1 only? No more administered?

Length of study I was unable to determine, although it seemed to have an end point at Day 15.
It also says 'when the PCR tests shows negative'
I would expect probably about 4 weeks but say 8 weeks.
It began enrolment on 8th Oct 2020.

What would cause the trial to be not yet complete and all the data available a year later (by my estimates).
Did they keep it going for a very long time?

Puzzled.
I know nothing more about the Kowa funded trials than was quoted earlier by Reuters and mentioned by Prof Honjo. When I posted I cautioned that the report from Kowa was being misrepresented by some and that the results are imo preliminary. And indeed since I read this morning's dispatch Reuters have altered their own article. It now adjust somewhat to say...

CORRECTED-Japan's Kowa says ivermectin showed 'antiviral effect' against Omicron in research
By Reuters Staff

1 MIN READ

(Corrects headline and first paragraph to remove reference to the drug being effective in treating against Omicron in Phase III clinical trials)

TOKYO, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Japanese trading and pharmaceutical company Kowa Co Ltd said on Monday anti-parasite drug ivermectin showed an “antiviral effect” against Omicron and other variants of coronavirus in joint non-clinical research.

Kowa did not provide further details. The firm has been working with Kitasato University, a medical university in Tokyo.

Clinical trials evaluating the drug, which is used to treat parasites in animals and humans, are ongoing but promotion of the drug as a COVID-19 treatment has generated controversy here.

The drug is not approved for treatment of COVID-19 in Japan and the U.S. Federal Drug Administration has repeatedly warned against its use.

All of which in my opinion is still looking valid and on course for being yet another good result for the anti viral properties of Ivermectin, which have been known about long before Covid.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

It appears that IVM also shows promise in the treatment of various cancers.
There are no definitive study results at this time, I understand, but quite a number show promise, particularly when used 'to assist' other drugs to work.
I was not aware of this until recently, even though there were studies from 1996.
Again in lots of papers the exact mechanisms of operation are not determined == unknown. Yet it appears to be helpful, so one would hope it is just our ignorance that is the problem.

Anyway I thought this aspect of IVM would be of interest
Ivermectin, a potential anticancer drug derived from an antiparasitic drug
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7505114/
Ivermectin has powerful antitumor effects, including the inhibition of proliferation, metastasis, and angiogenic activity, in a variety of cancer cells.
and a search turns up these

https://search.nih.gov/search?utf8=%E2% ... mit=Search
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

It will definitely be a great addition to the myriad of chemotherapy drugs currently used,
Our findings on this novel therapeutic combination published recently in npj Breast Cancer journal (2021; https://doi.org/10.1038/s41523-021-00229-5). This is the first time a research team has demonstrated that checkpoint inhibitors can be used to successfully treat breast cancer—when combined with ivermectin, an inexpensive, existing safe drug.

In these studies, 40-60 percent of animals treated with the ivermectin plus anti-PD1 antibody combination completely eradicated their tumors. They were able to fight off the cancer again after it was reintroduced. It's the two drugs working together that is the magic. Either drug alone has almost zero effect, but together they have a powerful synergistic effect.

Our team then tested the combination across a spectrum of clinically relevant settings. We found that the therapeutic combination also worked in neoadjuvant models (before surgery) and adjuvant models (after surgery). Most importantly, the combination worked against metastatic breast cancer, potentially curing 50 percent of animals.

Based on its novel dual mechanisms of action (anti-cancer and immunomodulatory) in cancer, ivermectin may also potentiate the anti-tumor activity of other FDA-approved ICIs. Ivermectin is safe and inexpensive at roughly $30 a dose, making it attainable for everyone including cancer patients in developing countries
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-s ... ght-covid/
Israel scientists say they have gathered the most convincing evidence to date that increased vitamin D levels can help COVID-19 patients reduce the risk of serious illness or death.

Researchers from Bar Ilan University and the Galilee Medical Center say that the vitamin has such a strong impact on disease severity that they can predict how people would fare if infected based on nothing more than their ages and vitamin D levels.

Lacking vitamin D significantly increases danger levels, they concluded in newly peer-reviewed research published Thursday in the journal PLOS One.

The study is based on research conducted during Israel’s first two waves of the virus, before vaccines were widely available, and doctors emphasized that vitamin supplements were not a substitute for vaccines, but rather a way to keep immunity levels from falling.
I recall being told this was another conspiracy theory - that Vit D3 supplements help fight Covid.

I am just a little surprise that this came from Israel - 'the Pfizer lab for their vax'

Good to know though.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

This research on what lies behind the Ivermectin story makes compelling reading, and it is rather sickening to have confirmation of our worst fears about how pharma companies influence what medications we are given when ill.

https://philharper.substack.com/p/profe ... vBkA5E&s=r

I don't know about how others regard these events, but for me it causes me to question just about everything related to 'approved medicines'.

Post by 490808 »

PureIsle wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:08 pm This research on what lies behind the Ivermectin story makes compelling reading, and it is rather sickening to have confirmation of our worst fears about how pharma companies influence what medications we are given when ill.

https://philharper.substack.com/p/profe ... vBkA5E&s=r

I don't know about how others regard these events, but for me it causes me to question just about everything related to 'approved medicines'.
I only read the first bit (Israeli study offers strongest proof yet of vitamin D’s power to fight COVID) about vitamin D and stopped reading because it told me what doctors here and around the world were saying 2 years ago, I think isha also mentioned it in a post. Vitamin D is good for helping the body fight of viruses. I've been taking it for the last 2 years. iirc zinc is the other supplement that goes hand in hand with Vitamin D?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Vit K should be taken with Vit D. You can have your vit D levels checked with blood test which tells you exactly what they are. Too high is not good either as there is some evidence of coagulation with too high levels. Vit K helps with that.
Personally I take nothing all the time. Just dip in and out. Get sunlight from now til October. Thats safe and good. We are sun dependant creatures.

Magnesium helps with vit D absorption. Magnesium helps with so many things it is worth taking bursts of it. Glycinate is a good form.

Zinc has other effects re covid and viruses. Quercetin pushes it into cells. That is also one of the actions of Ivermectin, so that particular action can be done with quercetin. Disease fighting in body consumes zinc and vit D.

Ivm is still turning up as good re diseases like cancer. Its second wind in history may yet come.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

The Continental Op wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:16 pm I only read the first bit (Israeli study offers strongest proof yet of vitamin D’s power to fight COVID) about vitamin D and stopped reading because it told me what doctors here and around the world were saying 2 years ago, I think isha also mentioned it in a post. Vitamin D is good for helping the body fight of viruses. I've been taking it for the last 2 years. iirc zinc is the other supplement that goes hand in hand with Vitamin D?
Maybe if you had read the page I linked to you would know why I posted it.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

The digger looks at Uttar Pradesh and compares their outcome to the UK.

https://philharper.substack.com/p/uttar ... dium=email
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

'The Digger' continues to investigate what happened around Ivermectin, this is his latest, looking particularly at what should have and did occur in the UK. He certainly raises some interesting questions.

Why didn't the 'Therapeutics Taskforce' recommend Ivermectin for further study?

https://philharper.substack.com/p/why-d ... DAHjI0&s=r

The evidence of an effect was crystal clear

Across the big pond I see New Hampshire has a proposed

ACT permitting pharmacists to dispense the drug ivermectin by means of a standing order

https://legiscan.com/NH/text/HB1022/id/2461689

Maybe it will pass and maybe not .....
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

The part of the Together Trial dealing with Ivermectin has received huge publicity since the press release telling us it does not work at all. At that time there was no data or details released that others could examine to determine the truth or otherwise of the contents of the press release.
That has changed now that data is available for scrutiny and quite a number of people who looked at that data are raising serious concerns about the findings.
Here is the Digger again outlining some of his concerns

https://philharper.substack.com/p/the-c ... -trial?s=r

If the death calculations should be as he says in that link then there is a HUGE difference between Ivermection and Placebo arms.

Released results:
Control Group no. of deaths 21 as 3.1%
Placebo Group no. of deaths 24 as 3.5%

Calculated results based on the Digger's writings:
Control Group no. of deaths 21 as 3.4%
Placebo Group no. of deaths 24 as 8.3% or 10.3%

The Ivermectin group goes from 3.1% to 3.4% but the Placebo group goes from 3.5% to maybe 10.3%
Wow! Three times more likely to die in the placebo group!

I don't think he even mentioned that the Ivermectin dose was changed during the trial!
That should not happen during a trial.

Hopefully we will see all these concerns addressed in the VERY NEAR FUTURE by those who ran the trial.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

PureIsle wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:00 pm 'The Digger' continues to investigate what happened around Ivermectin, this is his latest, looking particularly at what should have and did occur in the UK. He certainly raises some interesting questions.

To answer the opening question as to why this wasn’t studied further I believe Rand Paul put it best:
“ The hatred for Trump deranged these people so much, they’re unwilling to objectively study it.”

There was a fear to speak about it in any positive sense, social media and big tech were putting ‘misinformation warnings’ on anyone posting about it, effectively smearing them as conspiracy theorists. Just goes to show how powerful a force the US Democrat party are when they join forces with big tech and social media. They were able to effect policy even in the UK and elsewhere about this.
There's been a lot of politicization, or political political back-and-forth about this, and George, this is about science and data. There are randomized trials that show that it doesn't work. There are observational trials that show that it might work," he says. "And we've put out information that we want doctors to have about both the safety and the risks, as well as the potential of benefits or not."

"I have had conversations with the president about this," Hahn adds, "and the president's been very clear: It might work, it might not."
FDA director Stephen Hahn on good morning America.

The ‘it doesn’t work’ people need to hold their heads in shame. The corruption of science itself all to effect an election, morally bankrupt people.

“Hydroxy has tremendous support, but politically it is toxic, because I supported it. If I would have said, 'Do not use hydroxychloroquine under any circumstances,' they would have come out and they would have said it's a great thing” - Trump.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/timeline- ... d=72170553
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

I had to smile broadly when I viewed the end of this video from John Campbell called

Ivermectin clarification

schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

PureIsle wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:16 am I had to smile broadly when I viewed the end of this video from John Campbell called

Ivermectin clarification

Can't help but get the impression that John Campbell is beginning to enjoy trolling YouTube!