Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Ivermectin

All things COVID
Abella

Ivermectin

Post by Abella »

Well, well, well what have we here

But, But, But the vaccines are the only way out of this covid nightmare

the usual vax to the max suspects will be along to deride the science as it does not align with them being foolish taking a experimental vaccine with unknow medium to long term effects, we already know its had has nasty side effects from a rash up to death , how bad can it get?
kadman
Verified Username

Re: Ivermectin

Post by kadman »

Well according to reuters it was thanks to the single dose of the vaccine. How come that didn't work here then.
On Oct. 8, Japan struck a deal with Pfizer for another 120 million doses to be supplied from January 2022 (here), while booster shots are expected to roll out by the end of 2021 (here).

The nation’s virus cases dropped significantly in early October, which surprised health experts (here).

Rapid vaccinations along with six months of emergency distancing restrictions were a likely contribution. Experts speaking to Reuters also said the effect may have been a result of seasonal trends or trends in human activity.

Post by 490808 »

I've previously posted thats fake news.

For anyone bothered google it and you'll find no such recommendation for Ivermectin has been made in Japan.

Here's the link I posted last time this came up https://factcheck.afp.com/http%253A%252 ... 2F9M48JR-1

Post by 490808 »

I knew exactly what :lol:
Abella

Post by Abella »

Mountain wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:48 pm It's an Abella thread. What did you expect, reasonable points made in a calm manner?
The Continental Op wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:53 pm I knew exactly what :lol:
Yet here you are , dismissing a video of Tokyo's Medical Assoc. Chairman holding a live press conference recommending ivermectin to all doctors, for all Covid patients, and then we have proof of Covid numbers dropping to insignificance.
Whats wrong , do you not trust the science any more? Comical!
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

The Continental Op wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:46 pm I've previously posted thats fake news.

For anyone bothered google it and you'll find no such recommendation for Ivermectin has been made in Japan.

Here's the link I posted last time this came up https://factcheck.afp.com/http%253A%252 ... 2F9M48JR-1
To call this fake news is a lie. The Tokyo medical association did make that recommendation and Ivermectin has been allowed to be prescribed by doctors recently.

The fake news part is people who claim any of the following:
"That ivermectin has replaced vaccines"
"That ivermectin is a goverment approved covid drug in japan"

It is really strange the concerted efforts of 'fact-checkers' to muddy the waters in this story. There is a lot of truth there that they are trying to cover up with word play.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Mud slinging from any view point is an old tactic.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Abella, do you seriously believe that some 12 to 14 days after that speech, sufficient IVM had been administered across the whole population of Japan, by individual doctors prescribing IVM, the rise in cases could drop so dramatically due to those prescriptions?

I suggest you look at the timing and the near impossibility of getting, if not all then, a sufficient number of doctors to prescribe IVM to produce such a result as seen in that graph you posted from Pierre Kory.

I, for one, cannot see that as reasonable.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Abella has left the room.
'no more blah blah blah'
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:15 pm Abella has left the room.
You believe that is helpful to discussion?

:( :roll:
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

PureIsle wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:22 pm You believe that is helpful to discussion?

:( :roll:
Your post was addressed to somebody who has been banned.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 490808 »

Has he not been banned or was that just the one thread?

https://www.gubu.ie/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1044
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:33 pm Your post was addressed to somebody who has been banned.
Ah, now I understand!

I had no idea ......... is there some indication in this thread to show that as I might have missed it?
Last edited by PureIsle on Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

@Del.Monte

Yes I did see your post which has been deleted.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

I must have missed that too, has he been banned
Guburnor
Site Admin

Post by Guburnor »

The Continental Op wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:35 pm Has he not been banned or was that just the one thread?

https://www.gubu.ie/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1044
He has been site banned.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

A new pre-print study looking at the Covid situation in African countries .....

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 21254377v1

Conclusions The morbidity and mortality in the onchocerciasis endemic countries are lesser than those in the non-endemic ones. The community-directed onchocerciasis treatment with ivermectin is the most reasonable explanation for the decrease in morbidity and fatality rate in Africa. In areas where ivermectin is distributed to and used by the entire population, it leads to a significant reduction in mortality.
A very interesting comparison, and an apparently great result for IVM, but I wonder if there could be other factors they did not consider which might be influencing the good result in those 31 countries.

Post by 490808 »

Thats a great find but I'm still not sure about Ivermectin because of the way its administered.

For onchocerciasis Ivermetin afaik is perscribed at a rate according to body weight twice a year - every 6 months. Basically kill off the parasite then wait for the eggs to hatch then kill them off. The treatment can go on for years but its still only one dose every 6 months.

That does seem a very low dose to have an effect on Covid figures.

Edit got that wrong you can't kill the adult worms its the Onchocerca volvulus larvae that are killed by Ivermectin and because the adult worms can live for 10-15 years the treatment may have to go on for 10-15 years. https://onchocerciasisdisease.weebly.com/treatment.html
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Having spent some time volunteering in hospitals in Africa , I'm slow to compare infection rates, mortality etc from sub-sahara Africa to Europe. The reason is a lot of people there don't rush off to the doctor/hospital as much as Europeans do. That's one of the reason why vaccination rates are low in Africa (supply issues don't help either). Also the distances between healthcare centres is huge. One area I was in had 2 ICU beds for an area the size of Munster.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

I also have looked at the use of Ivermectin in India. Two states I am aware of used Home Treatment kits - GOA and Uttar Pradesh.
Goa published the contents of the kits here
https://www.goa.gov.in/wp-content/uploa ... unched.pdf
Further info is provided here
https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... 532312.ece

In Uttar Pradesh the WHO were involved. From what I have read they supported the scheme in UP completely and micro managed it to the point of having their own people on the ground.
The results of the UP regime are legendary with a huge decline in illness and death.
The WHO has this on their site

https://www.who.int/india/news/feature- ... p-covid-19

UTTAR PRADESH Going the last mile to stop COVID-19
WHO, which supported Uttar Pradesh government in training and micro planning for the activity, now has field officers on the ground to monitor and share real-time feedback with the government for immediate corrective action to ensure quality. On the inaugural day, WHO field officers monitored over 2,000 government teams and visited at least 10,000 households. WHO will also support the Uttar Pradesh government on the compilation of the final reports.
It is noticeable, though not surprising considering their stance on the use of IVM, that they do not mention on the site the contents of the kits.

Dr. John Campbell did a video on these Indian states and showed a graph of the decline in UP, IIRC.
I am sure it is easily found should anyone wish to view it.
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

PureIsle wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:28 pm I also have looked at the use of Ivermectin in India. Two states I am aware of used Home Treatment kits - GOA and Uttar Pradesh.
Goa published the contents of the kits here
https://www.goa.gov.in/wp-content/uploa ... unched.pdf
Further info is provided here
https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... 532312.ece

In Uttar Pradesh the WHO were involved. From what I have read they supported the scheme in UP completely and micro managed it to the point of having their own people on the ground.
The results of the UP regime are legendary with a huge decline in illness and death.
The WHO has this on their site

https://www.who.int/india/news/feature- ... p-covid-19

It is noticeable, though not surprising considering their stance on the use of IVM, that they do not mention on the site the contents of the kits.

Dr. John Campbell did a video on these Indian states and showed a graph of the decline in UP, IIRC.
I am sure it is easily found should anyone wish to view it.
The discussion on Ivermectin in the Dr Malone Joe Rogan podcast was very interesting. I think he was a bit guilty of trying to stir shit insinuating what was used in Uttar Pradesh kits was some sort of global state secret, but he made some interesting points about the hostility to any discussion re using Ivermectin to treat Covid.

Basically pointing out that Ivermectin is a proven effective and safe antiviral drug, and that repurposing drugs is a well established and positive practice in medicine. Why then is anybody suggesting repurposing Ivermectin for covid treated as some sort of conspiracy loon?

Was thinking about this today with all the chat closer to home about cabinet signing off on orders for the new covid antiviral drugs. Does HSE, NPHET, government have a position on Ivermectin that anybody knows about?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The Economic Times is an Indian English-language business-focused daily newspaper. It is owned by The Times Group. The Economic Times began publication in 1961. As of 2012, it is the world's second-most widely read English-language business newspaper, after The Wall Street Journal, with a readership of over 800,000.
(Wiki)

Just to establish credentials of source of info.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... s?from=mdr
The (Indian) government has reached out to the All India Organisation of Chemists and Druggists (AIOCD), asking it to ensure the availability of critical drugs for the management of Covid-19 and other essential medicines to meet challenges in times to come.

The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority and the Drug Controller General of India held a meeting with AIOCD on Monday regarding the availability of medicines in the current situation.

The government is concerned that the cases of Omicron and Delta variants may increase, so there should not be any shortages of medicines in the country, the AIOCD said in a letter to its district associations on Wednesday.
The government has said there should not be any shortage of products including all types of cough syrups, paracetamol tablets, Vitamin C, zinc tablets, azithromycin and ivermectin. It has specifically asked chemists to maintain buffer stock of these medicines
Note Uttar Pradesh, the populous state famous on this site for not measuring cases properly, ;) , has had a surge of cases after months of basically flat-lining at about 20 cases a day. The cases have increased to a 7 day average of 435 cases for the population of 204 million people. USA with 329 million population has a 7 day average of 550,000 cases.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

It should also be noted that Ivermectin has been joined by several other medications being used in the early treatment of Covid-19.

BTW, regarding IVM's sister med which has been 'controlled' - Hydroxychloroquine - I came across a paper which showed that it had antiviral properties in the treatment of HIV.
That paper was from 1995!

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 1895800395

There was another in 2005, on chloroquine, from Dr. Fauci's NIH.
Last edited by PureIsle on Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

schmittel wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:39 pm The discussion on Ivermectin in the Dr Malone Joe Rogan podcast was very interesting. I think he was a bit guilty of trying to stir shit insinuating what was used in Uttar Pradesh kits was some sort of global state secret, but he made some interesting points about the hostility to any discussion re using Ivermectin to treat Covid.

Basically pointing out that Ivermectin is a proven effective and safe antiviral drug, and that repurposing drugs is a well established and positive practice in medicine. Why then is anybody suggesting repurposing Ivermectin for covid treated as some sort of conspiracy loon?

Was thinking about this today with all the chat closer to home about cabinet signing off on orders for the new covid antiviral drugs. Does HSE, NPHET, government have a position on Ivermectin that anybody knows about?
As far as I can determine, doctors are strongly 'discouraged' from prescribing Ivermectin.
There is one doctor I know in this country (possibly more now or maybe none :( ) who used HCQ as prophylaxis and IVM as part of treatment.
I don't recall a link to a direct statement but believe there was one, about these medicines.
I think he was a bit guilty of trying to stir shit insinuating what was used in Uttar Pradesh kits was some sort of global state secret
Although WHO were deeply involved in the UT scheme they never mentioned IVM on the two pages they had on their site about the success. They mentioned other parts of the kits but not IVM.
One would be entitled to read something into that 'omission'. ;)

Post by 490808 »

PureIsle wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:18 pm As far as I can determine, doctors are strongly 'discouraged' from prescribing Ivermectin.
There is one doctor I know in this country (possibly more now or maybe none :( ) who used HCQ as prophylaxis and IVM as part of treatment.
I don't recall a link to a direct statement but believe there was one, about these medicines.

:?: :?: :?: afaik Doctors can't prescribe Ivermectin in Ireland for 2 reasons. One, there is none for humans, the pharmacist won't have any. Two, it is not licenced for its use in Ireland on humans. Plenty of Ivermectin if you want some to pour on or inject down at the local farmers co-op but its for cattle, pigs, sheep and horses.

Also you can't import it as some I know have found out because it's not a prescribed drug and any drugs sourced from outside of Ireland get seized by customs.