Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

OK so who has had Covid?

All things COVID
DeletedUser

Re: OK so who has had Covid?

Post by DeletedUser »

Had it twice - sickening dose early on (late March/early Arpril 2020) - worked for an absolute c*nt of a man and so not allowed to be off sick, worked right through with a hacking cough.

Had it again NYE 2021/22 for a few days - much easier and had a couple of days to recover.

Am vaxxed x 2 and boosted and it shows how well they deal with it - just a rough cold second time round.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:23 pm
Had it again NYE 2021/22 for a few days - much easier and had a couple of days to recover.

Am vaxxed x 2 and boosted and it shows how well they deal with it - just a rough cold second time round.
I got it mid Feb 22, same sort of experience as you - rough cold for a few days.

Not fully vaxxed, let alone boosted, so that equally shows how well not being vaxxed deals with it!
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

And I have zero vaxx, 54 years old 😳, got a dose that was not nothing but was considerably less than my fully vaccinated, plus one boosted sons, and their girlfriends who had shocking doses. We all got it at the same time. My vaccinated daughter who had it recently was mildly sick. My husband with one J and J dose walks casually through the world like some kind of big lanky covid repellent. 😅
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:03 pm And I have zero vaxx, 54 years old 😳, got a dose that was not nothing but was considerably less than my fully vaccinated, plus one boosted sons, and their girlfriends who had shocking doses. We all got it at the same time. My vaccinated daughter who had it recently was mildly sick. My husband with one J and J dose walks casually through the world like some kind of big lanky covid repellent. 😅
Genuine chuckles there at the image!!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Frank

Post by Frank »

Bit flippant. The virus affected a lot of people differently and the vaccine saved a lot of skins, while also getting the country back open a lot quicker.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I had it in March 2022. And have it again now. Bit disappointed that there's not long term immunity.

It's fairly different though. The first dose had me freaked out, affected my whole body, several days in bed. This dose is very fecken unpleasant - upper chest cough, endless snot, headache, feeling sorry for myself. But I'm walking wounded, able to work from home, which I would not have been able to do with the first dose. So it's nowhere as bad. Hopefully.

The husband finally got it, he was the plague rat what brought it home. Very sickened and flattened by it. Very slowly recovering. Full of misery for himself. The son briefly visiting got it too, fully vaccinated. Same symptoms as me. It's really contagious.

I hate blooming germs, and ones that you don't develop immunity to, vaccine or no vaccine, are even more hate-worthy. Covid, you are a see you next Tuesday.
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

This is getting a bit strange. Neither me nor the missus have knowingly had it at any point...

I was at a festival last week (ATN) where several of the gang got it and I didn't. I thought for sure this was it, but no (having said that I didn't lick the face of any randomers like some of the gang did...).

I'm hearing loads of folks going down with it at the moment too - this new Eris strain seems to be very contagious. Also just as a counterpoint (because I truly believe it's a nuanced situation) I've had four jabs including the modified Omicron one. I've had neither Covid nor any side effects. My eldest son swears he had heart palpitations after his second jab but his anecdotal data may have been muddied by an epic sesh at a Croatian rave festival...
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

Both my daughters just had a horrid dose of it.

Similar to Cyclepath, I've still never had it . . that I know of anyway. I've never tested positive to it or had any of the symptoms. My five brothers haven't caught it yet either.

Flying to Scotland tomorrow with my wife for a short break and I'm slightly concerned about sitting in a tube of viruses and farts for an hour, as it does seem a lot of people catch covid that way.

Post by 678904673 »

I've had it twice. First time hit me for six. Two/three days in bed without any energy and about a week to fully get over it. Second time I felt fine. The only symptom I had was bizarrely a slight ringing in my left ear for a couple of days
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

To the men who have not had it yet, that was himself til last week. He was absolutely convinced he must have had some unnoticed dose sometime that gave him great immunity. He works very public facing and, unlike me, he loves people and the gabbing! He is amazed at how shyte he feels - come off it, I'm telling him, you're very 2021! 😊

Hopefully ye don't get it. Snotty fingers crossed for yiz.
Fratello
Verified Username

Post by Fratello »

One kid got it Sunday, Tuesday today he's reasonably well. Second child just gone down with it today.
I feel fine, did 30km on the bike before work, still slow like a slug but that's normal. I await my turn, as does my wife.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Got a dose of it the week before last. Spent two days in bed, could hardly stay awake. Slight headache and a phlegmy upper respiratory thing afterwards. Still don't feel a 100% after 10 days or so. Had a previous episode in July 2022 and not nearly as bad as this one, so it appears not to hit you the same way twice. This'll be fun if a lot of us catch it EVERY year! Dear God!
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, quodec. The repetition. It's a worry. And from what I'm seeing it doesn't matter if you have or have not vaccine. The youngest son is up to date with vaccines, I'm unvaccinated, and we have mirror symptoms. What a pain in the fecken hole.

Of course you can be lucky and not get it either way.
Glaceon
Verified Username

Post by Glaceon »

Got it at my own wedding! All of my wife's family ended up with it too. For me it wasn't too serious, just felt like a cold for the most part.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Glaceon wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:31 pm Got it at my own wedding! All of my wife's family ended up with it too. For me it wasn't too serious, just felt like a cold for the most part.
Oh dear! Glad to hear wasn't too serious.
Risteard

Post by Risteard »

Frank wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:49 pm the vaccine saved a lot of skins
Did it save more than zero, or fewer?
Risteard

Post by Risteard »

Frank wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:49 pm while also getting the country back open a lot quicker.
The only thing closing the country was tyrannical politicians.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

Had it in May 2022 and it was mostly just a really nasty cold requiring bed rest, however for a few hours on the third day it felt worse - like 'flu. The fever was crazy, but it calmed eventually and I got to sleep (woke up drenched of course but improved). Symptoms began Sunday, and it lifted quite suddenly Thursday evening.

I'm convinced I got it in early February 2020 too. The fever was the big part then also.
DrTurkTurkelton
Verified Username

Post by DrTurkTurkelton »

I got it for the first time three weeks ago. Had it fairly bad, like a bad cold. Freezing, sweating, pains in joints, headache etc. Had it from Monday night and felt half human again Friday morning.
0/10 on the craic scale -wouldn't be in a rush to catch it again.
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Got it for Christmas 2021.
Whole family had test on Christmas eve, told the kids it was new tradition instead of going to see santa.
Actually got result on Christmas day, I was very impressed that they were working so hard through Christmas.
Actually just had second vaccination sometime around then.

Was weird Christmas as had to deliver turkey and ham to in-laws and collect veg and desert from them.
Yes I was out and about, but the in-laws had it as well so one covid house visiting another.

Had bit of headache, sore throat feeling tired for a night, but the big thing was an awful cough for over a week that was set off by any change of environment.
Get up start coughing, go outside start coughing, come inside start coughing.
I can get bad cough with cold, but this was weird and you could be coughing non stop for minutes.

Know a few people with latest version and they have said much worse than previous one where they are getting sweats and feeling very tired.
The thing is covid really affects almost everyone differently, some people sail through it whilst others can an awful reaction.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Yeah, I'm bursted still with the coughing and the snot, so is the vaccinated son.

The husband has been really floored, drenched through his clothes in sweat today just from walking around and he is a week in. Pains in back. Loads of symptoms. He even has sore balls which are freaking him out! He has lost weight and looks very sorry for himself because he never gets sick.
Fck of a thing.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

I am sure hubby will thankyou for letting us know his nether reasons are in such a condition.

And you blaming covid.....aw will ya go on outta dat. :lol:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

kadman wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:31 pm I am sure hubby will thankyou for letting us know his nether reasons are in such a condition.

And you blaming covid.....aw will ya go on outta dat. :lol:
I'm having to put up with him, every day a new part sore 😁 At first it was annoying but now to be honest I feel some compassion in my cold hard heart as the man is feeling lousy.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Speaking from a mans perspective there is nothing like a kick in the balls, physical or viral.....that is sure to take the wind out of your sails, and the pep out of your step. Hubby needs to be minded and spoiled for the next few days..

Now get to it girl ( men love a bit of spoiling to at any opportunity )

PS. Hopefully I haven't insulted me or you with terms like man or girly. If I have tough shite. I am busy at the moment, so I neither have the time nor inclination to be PC or woke, whatever the hell they are. But I am awake, if you have any problem take it up with a boards mod, or better still, Guburnator, he is a new force to be reckoned with ( clap, clap) :D
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Minded and spoiled? Did you not hear I am sick myself. And just off a three day full time stint working from home, whereas he is laying up on sick leave - to which I'm bloody well not entitled. Mind him, me hole.