Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

antigen test kit

All things COVID
Cobham

antigen test kit

Post by Cobham »

Just checking antigen tests in the house and seems that three of the liquid vials are missing. Anyone know what is in it and can it be replicated? maybe saline water??
Hairy-Joe

Re: antigen test kit

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I doubt that you have anything suitable at home to replace it. The packaging will tell you what's in the extraction buffer (liquid vials). The test kit here has "detergents and buffer". Good luck replicating that and if anything else is used, how can you trust the result?

I'm afraid that them test kits are for the bin

Post by 490808 »

Neighbor had the same problem someone in the house opened a pack of 7 did a couple of tests then someone else who shall remain nameless threw away the junk that was left on the table - a packet of 5 little vials of liquid :roll:

So OP all I can do is confirm you aren't the only one to do this.

Do bare in mind that not all tests have separate vials of liquid. Some come with the liquid (buffer solution) already in the little container that you put the swab into - that might be what you mean by vials its had to say.
Cobham

Post by Cobham »

I will ask at a chemist when some other reason to visit one. ... thks all. So far all good in this house but extended family going down like flies as met up over christmas etc.