Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

An Post chips in.

All things COVID

An Post chips in.

Post by 490808 »

Bit of PR exercise I suspect but for the next month An Post are delivering barcoded parcels (not sure of the exact term but the ones that need scanning but don't necessarily need a signature) on alternate Saturdays and Sundays in addition to normal deliveries.

The idea I think is to show An Post are doing their bit for the Covid crises by expediting delivering antigen tests which are all barcoded, but other parcels with barcodes will also be delivered or so my postman tells me.

So there will as delivery tomorrow and then next weekend it will be on a Sunday etc.

If I find anything official online about it I'll post the link.

Re: An Post chips in.

Post by 765489 »

The Continental Op wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:41 pm Bit of PR exercise I suspect but for the next month An Post are delivering barcoded parcels (not sure of the exact term but the ones that need scanning but don't necessarily need a signature) on alternate Saturdays and Sundays in addition to normal deliveries.

The idea I think is to show An Post are doing their bit for the Covid crises by expediting delivering antigen tests which are all barcoded, but other parcels with barcodes will also be delivered or so my postman tells me.

So there will as delivery tomorrow and then next weekend it will be on a Sunday etc.

If I find anything official online about it I'll post the link.
Will they be delivering letters / documents as part of their weekend delivery schedule CO ?

Re: An Post chips in.

Post by 490808 »

Think its only parcels. afaik the idea is to get the antigen tests out. Any other parcels they deliver will be a bonus.