Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Get it on record here

All things COVID
Samson

Get it on record here

Post by Samson »

We can all see the which way the narrative is changing, Fauci is going to be thrown under the bus by politicians in the states and they will blame him for it all, the EU will do the same and say they where using Fauci and the CDC information to base there policy on. The vaccines issues are mounting, this is undeniable as less and less take up the opportunity to get boosted as vaccine horror stories become all to common, so here we can register our position as on the side of against all this Covid madness, for we all know in the coming year getting people to admit they where in favour of the vaccines and Covid policy of the government will be like trying to find a German post war who will admit to voting for Hitler.
Come on nail you colours to the mast one way or another, for or against and we can review who was correct once it’s declared over.
I’m in the camp that thinks it’s all madness, and we will look back in the years ahead and be stunned at what happened and that we allowed it.
knownunknown

Re: Get it on record here

Post by knownunknown »

The Florida governor DeSantis wins re-election with many seeing him as a 2024 presidential candidate. He gained a reputation during the covid pandemic as someone ‘who bucked the advice of public health officials in order to bolster Florida’s economy.’

Of course the usual suspects are calling him a denier, conspiracy theorist etc… can’t think of many politicians that bucked the advice of public health officials. He did and came out better for it on the other side.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

I think the vaccines worked to keep deaths down,I live in an area which had highest infection rate in the world for a brief period before vaccines become about

Something like 70% of the total deaths in my area occured over 3 to 4 weeks,there were otherwise fit and healthy blokes in their 50s died from it.......that being said,whether it's vaccines or natural course of a pandemic,the last few months or so,anyone who got it haven't been anywhere near as sick as the first time it about,

But that being said,i and several people I know about,still needed strong antibiotics and steroids to stave off/shift pneumonia last may
Last edited by Setanta on Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

I got the jabs eventually. I was suspicious of such a fast rollout so I took my time in getting them.
Beyond that, I just think that way the lockdown was put upon the people was insidious and undemocratic.
Very Orwellian.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

I have had all the vaccines and boosters to date. I am in a very vulnerable group and saw the vaccine as my best protection, I haven't seen ant evidence so far to change my mind. I got Covid about six weeks ago and got through it without any intervention whatsoever and I doubt that would have been the case if I hadn't taken the vaccine. I have experienced zero ill effects with the exception of a slightly sore arm.
Only time will tell what the truth is but I know that were I to be in the same position again I would take the same course of action.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Not many in disagreement about the vaccines for people 30, 40 year old plus. How about the vaccine mandates for kids though or the covid travel passes?
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

Samson wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:18 am We can all see the which way the narrative is changing, Fauci is going to be thrown under the bus by politicians in the states and they will blame him for it all, the EU will do the same and say they where using Fauci and the CDC information to base there policy on.
I'd agree that what happens next in the US is key. We were lead into the vaccine madness by the yanks, and nobody else will engage in any mea culpas unless the US leads the way there.

But I am not so sure America will do so. The entire thing is political, and the vaccine straddled Trump and Biden. If the rollout had started under Trump's watch I think the Dems would happily fess up and say we just inherited this mess and it's all the GOP/Trump's fault.

But Biden was most enthusiastic about pushing the vaccines, and demonising any dissenters. He's unlikely to be quick to say "I got that wrong".

So we won't see any real progress on this until the next president IMO. That's likely to be late 2024/early 2025. And who knows, it might be Trump again.

If it is Trump and he comes clean on some of the issues about vaccines/lockdowns etc etc it won't get any traction because for many people whatever Trump says is wrong, no matter he says.

De Santis could win, but I expect he'll face the same problems as Trump. He'll be labelled a loon before he even opens his mouth.

If it is another Democrat president (can't see Biden running again) they'll just blame the Russians for any problems. That's worked to date, they're likely to stick at it.

TLDR - I wish I shared your confidence that the narrative is changing. I don't see much evidence of it yet, nor do I see how it will change.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

schmittel wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:48 am I'd agree that what happens next in the US is key. We were lead into the vaccine madness by the yanks, and nobody else will engage in any mea culpas unless the US leads the way there.

But I am not so sure America will do so. The entire thing is political, and the vaccine straddled Trump and Biden. If the rollout had started under Trump's watch I think the Dems would happily fess up and say we just inherited this mess and it's all the GOP/Trump's fault.

But Biden was most enthusiastic about pushing the vaccines, and demonising any dissenters. He's unlikely to be quick to say "I got that wrong".

So we won't see any real progress on this until the next president IMO. That's likely to be late 2024/early 2025. And who knows, it might be Trump again.

If it is Trump and he comes clean on some of the issues about vaccines/lockdowns etc etc it won't get any traction because for many people whatever Trump says is wrong, no matter he says.

De Santis could win, but I expect he'll face the same problems as Trump. He'll be labelled a loon before he even opens his mouth.

If it is another Democrat president (can't see Biden running again) they'll just blame the Russians for any problems. That's worked to date, they're likely to stick at it.

TLDR - I wish I shared your confidence that the narrative is changing. I don't see much evidence of it yet, nor do I see how it will change.
In fairness operation warp speed happened under Trump and he oversaw the initial rollout. The democrats usually attribute this as his only victory and a fact check here says they didn’t work to suppress the information prior to the last election (meaning they did :lol: ). https://www.science.org/content/article ... suppressed

They criticised him for being too slow with the vaccine rollout… lol…. Big :lol: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55721437

Both sides are sponsored by the pharmaceuticals. https://www.statnews.com/feature/prescr ... -data-set/
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

What I hope will happen are many legal cases and exemplary damages awarded to the many people who have been damaged by the mRNA shots and/ or disgracefully discriminated against re education or employment.

I'm very glad most people got nothing more than a sore arm as a side effect, but a lot of people have had serious adverse events. It's not something that is reported on in the regular media. Those people are not having their voices heard. It's wrong. I'm hopeful that will change. Time will tell.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

knownunknown wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:27 pm In fairness operation warp speed happened under Trump and he oversaw the initial rollout. The democrats usually attribute this as his only victory and a fact check here says they didn’t work to suppress the information prior to the last election (meaning they did :lol: ). https://www.science.org/content/article ... suppressed

They criticised him for being too slow with the vaccine rollout… lol…. Big :lol: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55721437

Both sides are sponsored by the pharmaceuticals. https://www.statnews.com/feature/prescr ... -data-set/
Yep, that's what I mean by it straddled Trump/Biden. Both pairs of hands are dirty on this. I wasn't really concentrating that he oversaw the initial rollout but I guess he did pre handover.

Trump could say I would have done it differently once I saw that vaccines weren't preventing transmission/infection or whatever but that's just hindsight.

The most telling thing about the vaccines is that in October 2020 a huge amount of the American public saw a rushed vaccine development as Trump playing fast and loose with peoples lives in order to seek re-election, and anybody saying that it would be possible to declare the vaccines safe and effective without normal levels of testing was not to be trusted.

And then in January 2021 those same people saw the rushed vaccine development as a miracle of modern science and anybody saying that it was not possible to declare the vaccines safe and effective without normal levels of testing was not to be trusted.

Go figure.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Samson wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:18 am We can all see the which way the narrative is changing, Fauci is going to be thrown under the bus by politicians in the states and they will blame him for it all, the EU will do the same and say they where using Fauci and the CDC information to base there policy on. The vaccines issues are mounting, this is undeniable as less and less take up the opportunity to get boosted as vaccine horror stories become all to common, so here we can register our position as on the side of against all this Covid madness, for we all know in the coming year getting people to admit they where in favour of the vaccines and Covid policy of the government will be like trying to find a German post war who will admit to voting for Hitler.
Come on nail you colours to the mast one way or another, for or against and we can review who was correct once it’s declared over.
I’m in the camp that thinks it’s all madness, and we will look back in the years ahead and be stunned at what happened and that we allowed it.
If the EU/EMA were to do that it would be clear admission that they completely failed to do their job. I do not see that happening.
I will wait to see if anything happens because of the EU ordering, and paying for, 10 doses per man, woman and child in the EU, and what ridiculous excuse they come up with for doing so.

I also expect that we will get no admission of anything negative from officialdom at any level. The population will just be distracted in the main media by other "stories" and events until it is all 'in the past'. Same as previous events and plandemics.

In the meantime those protesting will be treated as terrorists ......
https://thecountersignal.com/dutch-gove ... xtremists/
The Dutch government released a Terrorist Threat Assessment this week, labelling people who protest COVID-19 or globalist environmental policies as “right-wing extremists.”
I, as one of "the vulnerable", decided I would not take part in a medical trial, and would instead try to boost my immune system, eat right and take a few supplements.
For a potential illness that had a 99.9+% chance of recovery, if infected, I was not, and am not prepared to take a medication whose long-term, or even mid-term, effects are completely unknown.

I will not forget, nor forgive, all those who did, and especially those who continue to, call such as myself anti-vaxxers and other derogatory names, and try coercion to force me to take the jab.
Most of all I will not forgive the doctors, such as my own, who declared they had no treatment for me if I was infected.

I do not wish those people ill, but neither do I wish to ever have to converse with them.

PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Here is a nice new conspiracy theory for those who are feeling the lack of a theory that has not been proved true. :D :D :D
In truth I am unsure what the theory is presently!