Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Covid restrictions coming back ...

All things COVID
isha
Verified Username

Re: Covid restrictions coming back ...

Post by isha »

In fairness she doesn't have to listen or judge anything said by someone she doesn't like. I know I don't click on videos of people I don't like, and even if they were delivering the secrets of the universe I wouldn't listen to them..
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

RogerMoore wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:58 pm This has NOTHING to do with the reintroduction of covid restrictions.

Again - judge ALONE what he has said about covid restrictions, in fact just imagine someone else said them, because lots of people completely unrelated to him are saying it now! - and over the next few weeks as Autumn kicks in lots more will!

Would commonsense not suggest establishment can't keep pretending covid deosnt exist and covering up deaths and pressure will come on governments in autumn,as they haven't come close to grasping/solving this issue......and letting it run its course has been an utter diaster
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

isha wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:17 pm In fairness she doesn't have to listen or judge anything said by someone she doesn't like. I know I don't click on videos of people I don't like, and even if they were delivering the secrets of the universe I wouldn't listen to them..
That’s fair enough but she said he should be silenced. It was proposed that his views about everything should be silenced because of something stupid he said along time ago. That does not fit with the spirit of the signature and is hypocritical. Someone saying this does not make them a troll.

This type of thinking is in line with the woke pc brigade whereby anyone who is offended enough has a right to retribution and punishment. They don’t, or at least they shouldn’t.

Lies that lead to death and destruction, known to be lies by the speaker should be punished to the full, not political statements that cause upset feelings, especially when those statements have been retracted and an apology made.

Even murderers and rapists get out of prison eventually and are entitled to a new start.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

knownunknown wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:04 am That’s fair enough but she said he should be silenced. It was proposed that his views about everything should be silenced because of something stupid he said along time ago. That does not fit with the spirit of the signature and is hypocritical. Someone saying this does not make them a troll.

This type of thinking is in line with the woke pc brigade whereby anyone who is offended enough has a right to retribution and punishment. They don’t, or at least they shouldn’t.

Lies that lead to death and destruction, known to be lies by the speaker should be punished to the full, not political statements that cause upset feelings, especially when those statements have been retracted and an apology made.

Even murderers and rapists get out of prison eventually and are entitled to a new start.
I NEVER said he should be silenced and it’s really sad that no one reads posts before slagging me off.

Time and time and time again I said I will defend him arguing for more guns though I believe in stronger gun control; I’d support him reluctantly but vehemently for saying that shooter at Sandy Hook (and others) had every right to do what they did.

He just cannot be allowed to abuse victims families and tell them they are actors and their dead children never really existed.

To call me (twice now!) the PC Brigade is absolutely comical. But you know what? I defend your right to say it - no matter how stupid.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

knownunknown wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:04 am It was proposed that his views about everything should be silenced because of something stupid he said along time ago.
I personally think it was more than stupid.

He repeated it for a long time. He started a movement of hundreds of thousands of people who were really invested in the idea that there were no children who died at Sandy Hook. What a horrible thing to do. Those people had whole online movements and still do, where the reflex response to mass shootings is to start trawling social media looking for photos and comparing them to other dead people and saying look it's this crisis actor who has died seven times before.

For these large swathes of people the reflex to any dreadful event is to say it's a false flag, what is it distracting us from. It's sinister.

Even if one is not hardcore involved with these strange and very determined people, there are numerous people in fringe elements who go along with this idea to various lesser extents. I would even go so far as to say he has siphoned off genuine revolutionary energy that should be used against genuine government evil and has channeled people into useless political silos in these "rabbit holes". Who benefits from that?

His words and insistence and repetition has built a consuming movement for large amounts of people, who can become or be made dangerous because of their beliefs. I really don't think it can be handwaved as something stupid he said a long time ago that he said sorry about.

We can agree to disagree. I just ignore him. I didn't click on the video in the OP here for example. I had already seen examples of covid propaganda starting elsewhere so I knew what was the import of the post.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

isha wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:28 am I personally think it was more than stupid.

He repeated it for a long time. He started a movement of hundreds of thousands of people who were really invested in the idea that there were no children who died at Sandy Hook. What a horrible thing to do. Those people had whole online movements and still do, where the reflex response to mass shootings is to start trawling social media looking for photos and comparing them to other dead people and saying look it's this crisis actor who has died seven times before.

For these large swathes of people the reflex to any dreadful event is to say it's a false flag, what is it distracting us from. It's sinister.

Even if one is not hardcore involved with these strange and very determined people, there are numerous people in fringe elements who go along with this idea to various lesser extents. I would even go so far as to say he has siphoned off genuine revolutionary energy that should be used against genuine government evil and has channeled people into useless political silos in these "rabbit holes". Who benefits from that?

His words and insistence and repetition has built a consuming movement for large amounts of people, who can become or be made dangerous because of their beliefs. I really don't think it can be handwaved as something stupid he said a long time ago that he said sorry about.

We can agree to disagree. I just ignore him. I didn't click on the video in the OP here for example. I had already seen examples of covid propaganda starting elsewhere so I knew what was the import of the post.

His words and insistence and repetition has built a consuming movement for large amounts of people, who can become or be made dangerous because of their beliefs.
This just seems like taught policing, something along lines proposed in hate speech law here

Anyone silly enough to get drawn in by him,is incapable of being dangerous to anyone (same can be said roughly of anyone who hangs on words/opinions of any online personality),and are merely perpetual online persons....bit eccentric,strong on rethoric,but fundamentally harmless

(see the rather silliness of what PC brigade yanks try to pass off as an insurrection under trump)
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

Imagine tolerating restrictions, a mediocre turn of events. Gardaí dancing on the beaches, cringeworthy nonsense. Let's extend a clap, vaccines without applause and how dare one criticise the end product.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
Deleted

Post by Deleted »

I see that lying evil fecking c*unt Karine Jean-Pierre is saying that the vaccine is the safest protection v Covid - for everyone.

What a lying evil evil c*unt.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

RogerMoore wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:13 pm I see that lying evil fecking c*unt Karine Jean-Pierre is saying that the vaccine is the safest protection v Covid - for everyone.

What a lying evil evil c*unt.
At least she’s saying something which beats her usual, “no comment”, “nothing to say”, “I’ll move on”.

PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

If this does not convince people who doubt the comparative immunity of the jab versus natural infection then I doubt anything ever will.

Deleted

Post by Deleted »

^^ If you post that elsewhere it would be deleted and you'd probably get a threadban.

Also they'd chuck in some snide remark like : "Why do people listen to this nurse conspiracy theorist" ...
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 023-09-11/
Pfizer and Moderna said their updated vaccines, which target the XBB.1.5 subvariant of the virus, were expected to be available for most people in the United States in the coming days. The FDA approved those shots for people ages 12 and above, and authorized them for emergency use in children ages 6 months through 11 years.
So they are after the wee kids yet again! :oops:
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

PureIsle wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:50 pm https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 023-09-11/

So they are after the wee kids yet again! :oops:
Edited, parking the cynicism for now.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire