Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Covid restrictions coming back ...

All things COVID
Avey Terrible

Re: Covid restrictions coming back ...

Post by Avey Terrible »

Why on earth does anyone pay any attention to that loon?
Deleted

Post by Deleted »

^^ That loon has been right an uncomfortable amount of times, it's not just a case of 'even a stopped clock is right twice a day'.

The murmurs are starting in the Irish media now too , that sociopath Leo Varadkar is hinting at it too now ...
Deleted

Post by Deleted »

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/h ... 82578.html
It comes as a new report found that during the pandemic, measures such as social distancing and wearing face masks unequivocally reduced the spread of infections.
Yeah I bet that report isn't biased or anything.

These absolute psychotic authoritarian maniacs like this c*nt Eilish O Regan are desperately praying and hoping for it all to come back, so they will continue to fearmonger and try and spread panic.

Don't fall for it.
Deleted

Post by Deleted »

Boylan tweeting about it too ...

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Avey Terrible wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:22 pm Why on earth does anyone pay any attention to that loon?
A lot of people, powerful corporations and entities went to extreme lengths to make sure he could be listened to by as few people as possible. Effectively silenced and cancelled, the canary in the coal mine.

He said some stupid things, most people do. The media won’t tell you how many times he’s apologised for them though. People like Rachel Maddow get away with saying things like “literally Russian propaganda” because her show is just entertainment, apparently yet the same treatment isn’t afforded to Jones. They all said there were wmds in Iraq, where was the accountability? When you think about things in context one realises the sham treatment of Jones, banned from all social media and sued for over 1 billion for essentially being a Howard Stern.

I dislike him and his angry ranting never interested me but the way he was silenced made me sit up and take note.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

knownunknown wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:46 am A lot of people, powerful corporations and entities went to extreme lengths to make sure he could be listened to by as few people as possible. Effectively silenced and cancelled, the canary in the coal mine.

He said some stupid things, most people do. The media won’t tell you how many times he’s apologised for them though. People like Rachel Maddow get away with saying things like “literally Russian propaganda” because her show is just entertainment, apparently yet the same treatment isn’t afforded to Jones. They all said there were wmds in Iraq, where was the accountability? When you think about things in context one realises the sham treatment of Jones, banned from all social media and sued for over 1 billion for essentially being a Howard Stern.

I dislike him and his angry ranting never interested me but the way he was silenced made me sit up and take note.
He stood up and told the family of children shot to ribbons by an assault rifle that they were not bereaved parents but actors out for money.

He deserves to be silenced, the fat sick twisted fck.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Deleted

Post by Deleted »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:48 pm He stood up and told the family of children shot to ribbons by an assault rifle that they were not bereaved parents but actors out for money.

And you become what you say you are against ...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RogerMoore wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:45 am And you become what you say you are against ...
Well that is complete and utter nonsense !!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Setanta

Post by Setanta »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:08 pm Well that is complete and utter nonsense !!!
Is this not a paradox???,
when your posts end with the signature of:
"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Setanta wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:17 pm Is this not a paradox???,
when your posts end with the signature of:
Seriously ????

You can’t tell the difference in defending free speech - and thinking someone is an utter cnt for denying that a group of children were brutally gunned down and mocking their bereaved parents ?? Really ???

He can argue that the shooter had a legally held gun; he can argue the Second Amendment till his fat purple face explodes and I’ll defend his right to say it.

But to deny a child was born, lived, was loved and raised and then was shot dead ?? Pathetic.

Setanta

Post by Setanta »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:56 pm Seriously ????

You can’t tell the difference in defending free speech - and thinking someone is an utter cnt for denying that a group of children were brutally gunned down and mocking their bereaved parents ?? Really ???

He can argue that the shooter had a legally held gun; he can argue the Second Amendment till his fat purple face explodes and I’ll defend his right to say it.

But to deny a child was born, lived, was loved and raised and then was shot dead ?? Pathetic.
Seems to me,either you defend his right to free speech and all it entails or you dont (seemingly your commitment isn't as thorough as you like to present)

I dont particularly make any distinction,but I don't present myself as a defender of free speech either,who then demands anyone I dislike be silenced/cancelled either
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Setanta wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:22 pm Seems to me,either you defend his right to free speech and all it entails or you dont (seemingly your commitment isn't as thorough as you like to present)

I dont particularly make any distinction,but I don't present myself as a defender of free speech either,who then demands anyone I dislike be silenced/cancelled either
So you clearly don’t understand even after I explained it to you like a five year old.

I won’t be engaging with WUMs and trolls.

Setanta

Post by Setanta »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:30 pm So you clearly don’t understand even after I explained it to you like a five year old.

I won’t be engaging with WUMs and trolls.
I just find the paradox between your position on him and your stated position on free speech in your signature perplexing TBH

Quite why you regard this as trolling is beyond me,but whatever you need to do,to shut down any discussion that upsets PC brigade I guess🫣
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Setanta wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:24 pm I just find the paradox between your position on him and your stated position on free speech in your signature perplexing TBH

Quite why you regard this as trolling is beyond me,but whatever you need to do,to shut down any discussion that upsets PC brigade I guess🫣
I have explained the difference - it is obvious to anyone blessed with brain cells in the multiple. If you can’t - or more likely won’t - comprehend, I cannot help.

Your last paragraph is fcking comical. An absolute joke. I would respond to you further to try to open your eyes but your opinions are not worth risking a ban on.

Setanta

Post by Setanta »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:07 pm I have explained the difference - it is obvious to anyone blessed with brain cells in the multiple. If you can’t - or more likely won’t - comprehend, I cannot help.

Your last paragraph is fcking comical. An absolute joke. I would respond to you further to try to open your eyes but your opinions are not worth risking a ban on.
You do not agree with his position on sandy hook shooting and want him cancelled (among other typical PC brigadiers insults about his appearance) for it......this is quite a inverted position to the position within your signature??

I think my opinion is pretty nailed on here,and despite typical PC brigade efforts to abuse,gaslight and shut down the discussion on it,it still stands up on a solid factual foundation as regards the paradox exposed here

Quite why you feel you will be banned for responding is beyond me,noone is trying to silence you here (unlike some whom would want Alex Jones silenced for holding incredibly dubious positions)...just hold the PC brigade to an honest standard
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Setanta wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:23 pm You do not agree with his position on sandy hook shooting and want him cancelled (among other typical PC brigadiers insults about his appearance) for it......this is quite a inverted position to the position within your signature??

I think my opinion is pretty nailed on here,and despite typical PC brigade efforts to abuse,gaslight and shut down the discussion on it,it still stands up on a solid factual foundation as regards the paradox exposed here

Quite why you feel you will be banned for responding is beyond me,noone is trying to silence you here (unlike some whom would want Alex Jones silenced for holding incredibly dubious positions)...just hold the PC brigade to an honest standard
Last one before I give up and put you in the rear view mirror. I owe it to education to try and bring one mor fool back to normality.

There is no “position” to be held on Sandy Hook ffs - CHILDREN DIED and that moron accused their grieving parents of being actors after money. If you do not see that is not defensible speech you need help.

Oh and stop using “PC brigade” - for one I’m fcking FAR from that as my posts will convey and for another - it’s a stupid, lazy, meaningless phrase.

Cliff Notes for the hard of thinking:

I WILL defend your right to hold and express your beliefs no matter how wrong, stupid, weak, pathetic or ignorant.

I WILL NOT let you deny that children loved and wanted by their parents and blown to bits by AR-15s NEVER EXISTED!!

How anyone cannot understand that difference is fcking beyond me !!!

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:29 pm Last one before I give up and put you in the rear view mirror. I owe it to education to try and bring one mor fool back to normality.

There is no “position” to be held on Sandy Hook ffs - CHILDREN DIED and that moron accused their grieving parents of being actors after money. If you do not see that is not defensible speech you need help.

Oh and stop using “PC brigade” - for one I’m fcking FAR from that as my posts will convey and for another - it’s a stupid, lazy, meaningless phrase.

I WILL defend your right to hold and express your beliefs no matter how wrong, stupid, weak, pathetic or ignorant.

I WILL NOT let you deny that children loved and wanted by their parents and blown to bits by AR-15s NEVER EXISTED!!

Sounds similar to those looking to silence others with screams of “you’re denying the existence of trans people”.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Personally I think it is justifiable to hate Alex Jones. What he said about Sandy Hook was really dreadful.

I have close to hate feelings for Justin Trudeau. So I get it.

But if people want to listen to his guff let them on with it. People have been reading the National Enquirer etc since forever. It's their brains they are feeding with that kind of stuff.

Anyway as of now I am not seeing a massive propaganda campaign for masks or restrictions etc. Not at all. We shall see.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

knownunknown wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:35 pm Sounds similar to those looking to silence others with screams of “you’re denying the existence of trans people”.
Alex Jones can can say he’s pro-gun, that the killer had every right to own and use a gun; that the shooting was a “justified act” (I feel ill even typing that hypothetical) - all of these I don’t agree with but I will defend his right to say them.

I believe he is a vile individual, utterly horrific but he has a right to state his opinion.

But - and I can’t believe this has to be stated a third time - he cannot go to the bereaved parent of a five year old; tell them their child never existed and they are an actor out to extort money. That is not free speech, it is sick.

I am in favour of free speech even if it causes offence - I’m religious but will support so called blasphemy but the above is not defensible - in morality or law.

The analogy about those shutting down debate about erasing trans people is a false one. Biological males who believe themselves to be women should be respected, treated with dignity and if they prefer a title or pronoun then use it.

They are still men. They have no idea about being a woman; they should not be in female only spaces and certainly not in sports, rape clinics, domestic violence shelters, hospital wards and the like.

They have every right to exist, but we have every right to push back.

Setanta

Post by Setanta »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:29 pm Last one before I give up and put you in the rear view mirror. I owe it to education to try and bring one mor fool back to normality.

So to surmise,you are happy to see alec Jones silenced and his right to free speech taken away....despite offering premise of defending people's right to free speech to death in your signature,even if you disagree with Jones here??

I'm sorry,but you must accept it is a paradox..... included in that post,is yet another attempt to silence free speech,demanding people don't label anyone wanting Alec Jones silenced as the PC brigade....seems to me,noone is allowed question or hold a view outside the narrow window of PC culture you want world to inhibit,and anyone who deos is to insulted (calling Jones fat),shouted down and dismissed out of hand (refering to anyone pointing out paradoxes as trolls,WUMs,fools etc),despite being factually correct
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

isha wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:42 pm Personally I think it is justifiable to hate Alex Jones. What he said about Sandy Hook was really dreadful.

I have close to hate feelings for Justin Trudeau. So I get it.

But if people want to listen to his guff let them on with it. People have been reading the National Enquirer etc since forever. It's their brains they are feeding with that kind of stuff.

Anyway as of now I am not seeing a massive propaganda campaign for masks or restrictions etc. Not at all. We shall see.
Alex Jones is a gowl,but let him have his speak and have to pay compensation if (or when) he lies/defames anyone.....but this call to have him cancelled/forced off air by PC brigade is wrong imo and should be resisted.... otherwise we'll end up back in section 30 days here again
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I think there are people who can be silenced. People who call for pogroms for example. Or people who say girls should get FGM and be married off as child brides.

Lots of things really that are beyond acceptable. We silence things by not allowing them in the public square eg zoophilia or paedophilia or public sex or nakedness or whatever etc etc. This is normal.

I think that whole thing about crises actors and false flags was a sinister and repugnant rabbit hole not to mention very low IQ. There were odd things like a parent laughing before an interview but to be honest nowadays the way some people court media after utter tragedies in their lives even here in Ireland makes me think we are not all the same when it comes to the aftermath of disasters.

I dunno. I thought that specific assertion of his took him beyond the pale. Its not that I specifically think ohh Alex Jones should be silenced, it's more than I couldn't care less if he lived in a cardboard box under a bridge for the rest of his life.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Once you need to put words in others’ mouths a La Cathy Newman, you’ve lost.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

An entertaining Hypno collation that illustrates quite well the tsunami effect we were subjected to three years ago. The US really led the response and global organisations like the WHO and our media fell in lockstep. I find it interesting when one also thinks of misinformation regulations coming now from the EU re digital platforms, and hate speech law here.

Deleted

Post by Deleted »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:56 pm Seriously ????

This has NOTHING to do with the reintroduction of covid restrictions.

Again - judge ALONE what he has said about covid restrictions, in fact just imagine someone else said them, because lots of people completely unrelated to him are saying it now! - and over the next few weeks as Autumn kicks in lots more will!